milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I think lot of the players just want a out from this stupid Orlando bubble and who can blame them? I can’t imagine anyone would be thrilled with the idea of getting put in some crappy bubble in Orlando for several months. Not sure very many ppl who had millions in the bank/was financially secure would go for It. I know I wouldn’t be thrilled with the idea even tho I’d prob look at big picture and do it anyways. Def wouldnt be jumping for joy at the notion tho and if others started giving me outs I’d have to seriously consider them! Lol
    I would be fine to go there. Get paid millions and move on.

They are just thinking they look like slaves trapped. Meanwhile the league is going to every length to protect them.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

This needs reposted 50 Billion times across the internet in hopes that somehow it will click in their heads.

Whites, Mexicans, Asians, Indians, etc should be the ones protesting.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10398

This is my point i have made in the past. This also goes into who is in prison from committing violent crimes. They just do not get it think we made it all up and is a conspiracy.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I would be fine to go there. Get paid millions and move on.

They are just thinking they look like slaves trapped. Meanwhile the league is going to every length to protect them.
    I wouldn’t be happy bout it, especially if I’m already sitting on a bunch of money, no chance would I be thrilled to take what normally my vacation time and do that. As I said I would most likely look at big picture and do it but if others started putting the thought in my head I could see myself thinking a beach and parties sounded better than that! Lol.

Obviously nothing to do with whatever cause the reason allegedly is, before this there were starting to be doubts raised due to corona which just lends weight to my thoughts lot of guys looking at it same way I would and just latching on to whatever out goes over the best and gets me out of work!! That is all. Nothing more.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

BLM is a joke and laughed at

NBA players can go to Nigeria

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90060

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    This needs reposted 50 Billion times across the internet in hopes that somehow it will click in their heads.

Whites, Mexicans, Asians, Indians, etc should be the ones protesting.
    Yep

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    NBA players fighting for social injustice? Oh, that's a good one! let me know how many paychecks they're willing to give up.
    Exactly

They will demand pay with no play

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

You can tell from the posts here why there is a racism problem and why the black athletes are right in demanding justice and action from ownership. Look at yourself in the mirror and you will find the answer to why racism exists. The media you watch and read is molding you to what you see in the mirror.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You can tell from the posts here why there is a racism problem and why the black athletes are right in demanding justice and action from ownership. Look at yourself in the mirror and you will find the answer to why racism exists. The media you watch and read is molding you to what you see in the mirror.
    Pot calling the kettle black

Lol

lakerboy

I wouldn’t be happy bout it, especially if I’m already sitting on a bunch of money, no chance would I be thrilled to take what normally my vacation time and do that. As I said I would most likely look at big picture and do it but if others started putting the thought in my head I could see myself thinking a beach and parties sounded better than that! Lol.

Obviously nothing to do with whatever cause the reason allegedly is, before this there were starting to be doubts raised due to corona which just lends weight to my thoughts lot of guys looking at it same way I would and just latching on to whatever out goes over the best and gets me out of work!! That is all. Nothing more.
    That's fine but they can't do anything anyways right? We are in a pandemic. It's not like these guys are gonna go on trips which if they do will make them look like hypocritical idiots. They have been on vacation for 3 months. The NBA has bent over backwards for the players to have better rights then almost any other league. We all know they don't want to go because they want to screw around like they usually do but in a bubble everyone will be watching them. Honestly I just hope they cancel it all. I'm sick of overpaid athletes. Look at soccer in Europe. Players made a sacrifice to save the leagues and their careers to some degree.

Hman

Pavy the problem is there's bad cops, and some African-Americans for whatever hell the reason is, try to tie that to racism.

The bad cop acts that way towards EVERYONE no matter what their color.

Hundreds of videos have been posted of bad cops abusing white ppl and other ethnicities

It has NOTHING to do with race and it's infuriating these idiots can't comprehend that.

Hundreds of facts have also been showing black ppl commit more crimes and murder on white ppl and other ethnicities, vs the other way around.

All of this is ignored

The theme song for these ppl who refuse to listen and manup to the truth should be Shaggy's 'It Wasn't Me', where the guy gets caught red-handed by his girl, and STILL insists it isn't true and it wasn't him.

It's pathetic
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RockBottom

cybersharp
    Update your status
    cybersharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

Black athletes making a statement. You mess with our people you don't get to see NFL and NBA.
    But of course we could see both. Why not?

We'd just see a slightly less-skilled version....PLENTY of Final Cuts (both white & black)
    would fill those team rosters within a few days!

I hope every black NBA/NFL player boycotts. Each league would continue with
    great athletes mostly on ROOKIE CONTRACTS.

Lower ticket prices? I'm IN!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Who is going to coach your taken from the street replacements? No NFL coach will break a boycott.

Hman

People are starting to convert to NHL & Soccer fans anyhow.

milwaukee mike

when i look myself in the mirror i can see a scar from where i was stabbed and robbed by a black man (who i was delivering groceries to for NO PAY)

do you see a scar from when those white guys stabbed you? my friend was shot and killed by a black man in the spa shooting here, how many of your friends were killed by white people?

and no i certainly don't judge people based on the color of their skin, but i judge them based on their actions, and the black community needs to look at their own kind (which is 100% of their problem) rather than blame whitey... let's get real here, there is a reason people avoid black neighborhoods

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

i don't care for basketball anyway, so will be easy for me to not watch this season

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    OMG i got a great idea. Any player that sits out they take one player from the WNBA . Make her take that players place. Give her 1/10th his salary which will be way more then she ever made anyway. Between quarters little kids can play against her 1 on 1 . And she gets to experience more then 1 person in the crowd that is not her mom .

Shame on you captrobey, shame on you. To insinuate that there are just moms in the crowd is insulting. You forgot to mention the girlfriends and wives.

milwaukee mike

and of course these riots, celebrity/athlete comments, corporate comments, etc are all intended to pit us against each other instead of fighting the real enemy... which is the government that has been locking us in our own homes for months for no reason (viruses are gonna do what they do, the virus doesn't care if you hide under your bed or go to work)

like mlk said, judge people on their character, not on the color of their skin... color of their skin is no different than the color of the shirt... until a large amount of the same color get played for political purposes

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    good they wont get paid
    They have received 80%+ of this year's money already.

2daBank

That's fine but they can't do anything anyways right? We are in a pandemic. It's not like these guys are gonna go on trips which if they do will make them look like hypocritical idiots. They have been on vacation for 3 months. The NBA has bent over backwards for the players to have better rights then almost any other league. We all know they don't want to go because they want to screw around like they usually do but in a bubble everyone will be watching them. Honestly I just hope they cancel it all. I'm sick of overpaid athletes. Look at soccer in Europe. Players made a sacrifice to save the leagues and their careers to some degree.
    Mlb the worst of the bunch when it comes to entitled spoiled athletes. . That said where should the money go? It obviously there, the owners making way more than enough.

Nba and nhl not finishing the seasons at this point makes sense seeing how they gonna both be playing pretty much into what should be the start of next season to finish this one. It all a big freaking mess, mlb should be most concerned with getting games in since they still right in heart of when they should be playing! Yet they seemed leased concerned of the bunch, Mfers gonna kill baseball.

Yea they been off but like you said there wasn’t much to do, things are opening back up now so I wouldn’t wanna come back and put in that bubble after months of already being in one for most part, screw that!

I really don’t care at this point either, I want baseball back and playing with fans, the others don’t really matter to me at this point, their seasons been too screwed up imo, whomever wins these things (if they play them) while certainly not saying be easier still far from your traditional champ. There basically no chance we gonna see the same quality of play we normally get in the playoffs cause nobody or team gonna be the same as they would have been in may.

lakerboy

NBA is going to bust the union if they don't play. I read a good article on it.

2daBank

Got a link? Or where was it?

I think bron sees this as still his last best chance to grab a ring, if bron wants to play I think they end up playing. He is the king after all, lol.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Laker are referees going to be able to ENFORCE the LAWS of the game or will they be taking a knee also?

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Laker are referees going to be able to ENFORCE the LAWS of the game or will they be taking a knee also?
    they can enforce the laws against white players but not against blacks, that's systemic racism

we need to bring back linsanity or yao ming to see if it's just pro-white or anti-black

lakerboy

Got a link? Or where was it?

I think bron sees this as still his last best chance to grab a ring, if bron wants to play I think they end up playing. He is the king after all, lol.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanto...-consequences/

Read it all.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

Mike is there an update of this data table? I've looked but they seem to have dropped this chart "murderers race"

cybersharp
    Update your status

Who is going to coach your taken from the street replacements? No NFL coach will break a boycott.
    Wrong. Probably EVERY NFL coach will defy a boycott, they work for their clubs and have no union.

The replacements would come from the ranks of former (recently cut) NFL players or former
    College All American and all-conference players from the best conferences (Big 10, SEC, etc.).

Rookie contracts in the NFL pay hundreds of thousands annually; several million over multiple years
    depending on draft position. The "replacements" would be easy to find.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Mike is there an update of this data table? I've looked but they seem to have dropped this chart "murderers race"
    im not a rock scientist, but dont think that adds up to 100%???

cybersharp
    Update your status

CORRECT. Silver can unilaterally declare the Agreement null & void if the players refuse to play.

So LeBron & Co. can blow as much smoke as they want, we'll still be watching the playoffs this Fall.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Fine, let them walk.

I've survived just fine without sports in the past three months, I can really live a very productive life without it.

Oh, one more thing.
    Those who thinks Lebron gives a shit about you or anything think again.
    Has Lebron ever paid your rent or bought your groceries?

I won't shed a tear for Spike or Jack or any other Hollywood type that cries they're deprived of their million dollar court side seats.
    The common man can't afford a NBA game anyway.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Losers

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2353

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Fine, let them walk.

I've survived just fine without sports in the past three months, I can really live a very productive life without it.

Oh, one more thing.
    Those who thinks Lebron gives a shit about you or anything think again.
    Has Lebron ever paid your rent or bought your groceries?

I won't shed a tear for Spike or Jack or any other Hollywood type that cries they're deprived of their million dollar court side seats.
    The common man can't afford a NBA game anyway.
    Every single word

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

wow

i thought you were a democrat bucky

First 1234 Last