Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Chicago had 10 people shot dead last weekend??

Memorial Day weekend shootings leave 10 dead in Chicago
    Nation May 26, 2020 6:31 PM EDT
    CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago saw its deadliest Memorial Day weekend for gun violence since 2015, a jarring reminder that even a coronavirus pandemic and a statewide stay-at-home order cannot halt shootings in the city.

“The violence throughout the city on Memorial Day weekend was nothing short of alarming,” Chicago police Superintendent David Brown told the media Tuesday after the first major test of his tenure as the city’s top officer ended with 49 people being shot, 10 of them fatally.

The weekend highlighted that even as the pandemic has many people staying home, homicides in the nation’s three largest cities have been on the rise.

According to Chicago police crime statistics posted online, between Jan. 1 and May 24, the nation’s third-largest city had 200 homicides, compared with 176 during the same period last year. The number of shootings climbed from 679 to 826. However, the number of criminal sexual assaults, burglaries and thefts all fell by double digits.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I dunno if we having less shootings than normal since this covid shit started or they just not being talked about as much?

I do know the last few months leading up to the shut down it seemed like every other day hwy 70 was shut down cause of a rolling gun battle! That had gotten incredibly popular in St. Louis this year. Lol.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I dunno if we having less shootings than normal since this covid shit started or they just not being talked about as much?

I do know the last few months leading up to the shut down it seemed like every other day hwy 70 was shut down cause of a rolling gun battle! That had gotten incredibly popular in St. Louis this year. Lol.
    That is insane!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sad

Nobody cares too

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    That is insane!!
    Fukk yea it is.

Right before the shut down we had went downtown to farmers market or something. Decided to stop at subway off broadway on way home, going back down street all a sudden I hear messed up noise, thought I had hit something at 1st but next thing you know a suv flies by us and some Mfer is hanging out window shooting at car behind him. I grabbed old lady and ducked her down while I ducked down in her lap myself and pulled the Fukk over! Not gonna lie I was scared as shit! Lol.

So I bust a uturn deciding we go home another way the opposite direction! Lol. There was another car that had pulled over so I ask them if they ok, this goofy wigger driving that car acts all hard saying something like “shit, they weren’t aiming at me or I woulda blasted them”, I’m just like ok bad ass just making sure none you assholes got shot and needed help, piss off acting all hard. Whatever, guess I’m a pussy cause I was scared! Lol

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Pent up demand.