big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Netflix “All American”

So I just watched the 2 seasons on Netflix and kinda enjoyed it (minus all the teen drama). They say it’s based on a true story which is why I started watching it.

So after I got done watching it, I did some research and found out almost everything about the main character (his life story) was changed for TV. Needless to say I was very disappointed. So how did this guy get to make a series based on his life when his real life was just a basic, drama free life? They changed everything except the basic fact that he was a football player.

Total horseshit!

Anyone else get sucked into this lie of a “real life” series?

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Have you head Mitch Hedberg's joke on the based on a true story scam?

I like when they say that a movie was "inspired by a true story" because that's weird. It means the movie is not true, it was just inspired by a true story. "Hey Mitch, did you hear that story about that lady who drove her children into the river and they all drown?" "Yes I did. And that inspired me to write a movie about a gorilla."

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    Have you head Mitch Hedberg's joke on the based on a true story scam?

I like when they say that a movie was "inspired by a true story" because that's weird. It means the movie is not true, it was just inspired by a true story. "Hey Mitch, did you hear that story about that lady who drove her children into the river and they all drown?" "Yes I did. And that inspired me to write a movie about a gorilla."