Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Pick a horse race tomorrow , and we will handicapp together

It’s better this way

each handicapper can walk you through their process

Wabashwonders
    Wabashwonders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Gulfstream Park race 8(start of late pick 4)

#3 Scanno and #4 Express Pharaoh were 3rd and 2nd last time out separated by only a nose. Both will be cutting back from 9f to 8f and need to be respected. #6 Voodoo Zip just missed last out at this distance when adding blinkers for first time. His last out beyer of 80 is tops in field. Should be part of pace. #7 Mecha Corta finished just 3 lengths behind Voodoo Zip in his debut 2 back. Tried 9f last out and weakened in stretch. Cuts back to mile and could be dangerous at a price. #8 Riggins is 1st time starter with solid connections. Watch tote board. #11 Shamrocket ran 2nd last out when adding Lasix for his 3 year old debut. He should improve off that effort. But the horse I like is #9 Queen’splate Nolan. This one tried 9f first time out and wasn’t much of a factor. But I love the connections here and the cut back to a mile while adding blinkers is an angle I love. Should get a decent price.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Let's do the last 2 races at Gulfstream.

Race 9 is an Optional Claimer of 20K of non winners of 1. #9 Roman Empire was impressive in his last romp vs maidens and scored by almost 9 lengths. More times than not I wouldn't give much credit to crushing maidens, but that was a saucy group he beat down. Looking at this race it seems this colt is going against the same type without going much up in class, if any. Yes it was against state breeds, but that was a good group. I like Pletcher with lightly raced horses and having Saez in the saddle doesn't hurt.

Race 10 seems wide open at first glance. But #4 Alandra caught my eye with the company she's run with. She's run with Grade 1 and Grade 2 and should handle these with class alone.

How about you?

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Quote Originally Posted by Wabashwonders View Post
    Gulfstream Park race 8(start of late pick 4)

#3 Scanno and #4 Express Pharaoh were 3rd and 2nd last time out separated by only a nose. Both will be cutting back from 9f to 8f and need to be respected. #6 Voodoo Zip just missed last out at this distance when adding blinkers for first time. His last out beyer of 80 is tops in field. Should be part of pace. #7 Mecha Corta finished just 3 lengths behind Voodoo Zip in his debut 2 back. Tried 9f last out and weakened in stretch. Cuts back to mile and could be dangerous at a price. #8 Riggins is 1st time starter with solid connections. Watch tote board. #11 Shamrocket ran 2nd last out when adding Lasix for his 3 year old debut. He should improve off that effort. But the horse I like is #9 Queen’splate Nolan. This one tried 9f first time out and wasn’t much of a factor. But I love the connections here and the cut back to a mile while adding blinkers is an angle I love. Should get a decent price.
    Nice insight

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s a great idea I got a look at this card tomorrow morning

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Wish I could.
    How do you guys get past performance forms to handicap these races, anyways?

Wabashwonders

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post

Race 9 is an Optional Claimer of 20K of non winners of 1. #9 Roman Empire was impressive in his last romp vs maidens and scored by almost 9 lengths. More times than not I wouldn't give much credit to crushing maidens, but that was a saucy group he beat down. Looking at this race it seems this colt is going against the same type without going much up in class, if any. Yes it was against state breeds, but that was a good group. I like Pletcher with lightly raced horses and having Saez in the saddle doesn't hurt.

Race 10 seems wide open at first glance. But #4 Alandra caught my eye with the company she's run with. She's run with Grade 1 and Grade 2 and should handle these with class alone.

How about you?
    I agree Alandra is the one to beat in race 10.

Im not a big Pletcher fan, but no doubt Roman Empire ran a big one last out. The switch back to the turf is interesting but he does have good stats with that move. #3 Totono took the blinkers off last time out and ran his career best beyer. His best races have been on turf. And #4 Resident Liberal, who ran decent first off the lay-off, picks up Rosario for the mount and should be picking up the pieces late. 2 prices I like at first glance.

Wabashwonders

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Wish I could.
    How do you guys get past performance forms to handicap these races, anyways?
    I used drf.com myself.

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9724

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    It’s better this way

each handicapper can walk you through their process
    What's this kid. ????

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

1st race at Tampa, take the #7. 9/2 ML, lone speed and catches a paceless field; led until the final eighth last time and cuts back a sixteenth.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Sounds like a great idea.

I'm in if I can get the race pulled up on brisnet or race of the day on DRF.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kid I am in a jam with a local

Can you call me??

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

gulfstream race 8 the 8 horse is 8-1 odds what other sign do u need

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    What's this kid. ????
    just getting asked a lot of questions

which I love people getting interested

figured it could be very helpful

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post

How about you?
    ok Sounds good

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9476

like it..little busy today but might be involved a few races in

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

CRYOGENIC in 4th GP??? the line shows 8/5 but will probably be 3/5 with the scratches....Looks like the free bingo spot in pic 5??? thoughts

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Gonna be a good day gents!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Race 8 Gulf

Is a Mile on the turf

45k MSW (horses that haven't won and my personal favorite types of races)

Follow along with your form.

#1 Alfatei (30/1) , 3 year colt beautifully bred, who went for over 4x the huge stud fee ($110,000) and sold for $475k. Kiaran Mclaughlin ( a Hall of fame trainer ) used to have this one in his barn, but he has retired. Now in the Michael Pino Barn, Joe Bravo Rides. Debuting at 50k ( could be a negative for such a purchase, but not nesscarly) Had no excuses and didn't do much running splitting the field finishing 5th beaten 14 lengths. The biggest negative sign here is the horse didn’t take much action at the tote going off better than 11/1. At second asking , Encountered some trouble on the onset (Broke inward; constested pace between rivals; faltered turn) Finishing last beaten 46 lengths. received a 2 month freshening since entering the new barn, and tries the turf for the first time. Posted a solid half mile work Feb 22 48 & 3. and a very slow work, doing in on the lawn for the first time going 51 & 3. (which could mean several things). I’ll have to take a wait and see approach on this horse, as Ive seen no running to date, but would shock to perk up and locate his family members inside. PASS This horse is now scratched.

#2 My Boy Blue (30/1) , 3 year old gelding debuted on the turf for 50k , settled and finished 6 beaten 15, finishing almost 15 lengths , behind the #6 VOODOO ZIP in this race. was 71/1 that day. On march 15, the barn barn moved up to a 75k race but its a maiden claiming, maybe trying to make a score and get tagged, as they played 23k for this horse. Whats interesting is that this one took money in that spot, @ 7/1 and Johnny V was enticed to ride. (which will take money) They also stretched the horse out an extra 1/16 of a mile. Sat off the lead for honest fractions, and was empty. did increase the speed # from 67 to 75. Horse has reason to continue to improve at third asking, But this is a pretty tough little group of maidens. PASS

#3 Scanno (9/2) , 3 year old colt, one of the more experienced of this group having 6 races under his belt. On debut was beaten by 5 running 4th vs very tough (Structor won that day He’s since when on to win the Juvenile turf in the chad brown barn) So very respectable debut. He’s ran right with the #6 VOODOO ZIP twice already , and was right with the #4 EXPRESS PHAROAH , as they both just missed by a nk at last asking. Took a big step forward in the speed figures reaching a high of 83. Horse tends to be overlooked at the windows for the most part, Thomas Albertrani doesn’t train a lot of horses down in Florida. This one is always close and just hasn’t broke through yet. You will get a better price on this one today then the 2 that he’s been neck and neck with for sure. Outside Win contender, Logical underneath.

#4 Express Pharaoh (7/2) , We spoke some about this 3 year old colt for Alexis Delgado. This one wasn’t highly thought of at auction, 175k sire fee only sold for 90k. Horse has tactical speed, and has 2 seconds in many turf asking’s, I can’t back this short of a price on this one. Especially with the negative jockey switch. I’ll leave this one off the multi race tickets, but you be remiss leaving it off the verticals.

#5 Peddlers Pride (15/1) , Debuting for 90k ran 3rd beaten by 5.5 lengths sprinting on the dirt. Brutal fractions that day and may of just picked up some dead horses. Came back and did no running stretching out on the dirt, So Bill Mott trys the grass. PASS

#6 Voodoo Zip (5/2) , 3 year old cold hasn’t done much wrong to date. Improved at each asking, missed by 2 in debut, lost by a nose to a next out winner, and by less than length in the last. Gets a lil 6 week freshening and tyler is pulling all the right strings currently. Gargan has some crazy numbers as well. Should get the perfect stalking trip. MOST LIKEY WINNER

#7 Mecha Corta (20/1) , The cut back looms to be helpful, after this one weakened near the lead in the stretch at second asking. Is going to present a big #, and want to say is a long shot chance, but I just don’t think this one is quick enough to rate, without using to much early in the race to keep up. Expecting another empty effort in the stretch. PASS

#8 Riggins (8/1) , 3 year old gelding went for over 6x the 35k stud fee outta Liam’s Map. Horse is working well in the mornings for this , in fact I don’t see Pletcher using the turf works all that often. He hits 23% with his firsters but only 15% on the lawn. The barn w/ saez riding, can’t be ignored. Watch the tote board, if this one gets hit, look out) Make Sense underneath if stays around this #.

#9 Queen’splate Nolan (20/1) , Michael Maker’s 3 year old colt, debuted going long on the turf and ran evenly with a decent opening #. They add the blinkers on today, and this is crazy # for a horse that could take a big step forward at second asking. Too run evenly on debut, into really slow fractions is ok. Because it’ll be much hotter pace is this spot. Won’t get a 49 & 3 lol. MUST USE UNDERNEATH at a number like this.

#10 Reliability (12/1) , Here is another I think takes a step forward today. Jimmy Jerkens barn, debuted this one decently, finished 5th several lengths behind #6 VOODOO ZIP, Gets a pilot upgrade and makes sense underneath.

#11 Shamrocket (6/1) , Well I made vow not to let this Clement barn beat me anymore. 130k purchase dropped into this level and ran 2nd behind a horse Proven Strategies (who runs today) but is a very solid horse. Although the speed number didn’t come back great, it plenty fits with these. Remember that race was off 6/7 month layoff, and being run against the best at saratoga in the 90k level. The 5/8’s work going a minute & 2, shows he ready. Horse got pounded to less than 2/1 that day. Can Joel work out a trip from the 11 post, with a pure speed to his outside, well that is TBD, but he damn owes me about 50 wins over the last few years. Would be a steal @ 6/1 and definitely would get my win ticket money. Must use on multi race tickets.

#12 Bee Major (20/1) , Clear speed and will be sent early. I just played this horse in the last, and 3 year gelding Continue to improve, so much so they moved up and protected the horse here. But to ask him to crossover early from this outside post and wire this field, with plenty of other place in it, its a huge ask. Speed and quit, off the board

I’d use the #6 Voodoo Zip #9 Queen's plate Nolan #11 Shamrocket in the multi Race wagers.

I’d put a win bet on the #11

I’d take a shot a tri 6,11 w/ 3,6,9,10,11 w/ 3,4,6,8,9,10,11

But again that’s using the M’l odds… Wagering depends the post time odds.

But i do think you could try and squeeze the 9 or the 10 in the middle of the tri at a price.

Should be a fun race.
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 04-05-20 at 11:43 AM.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Look at my dude writing a full in depth fukin script on the ponies for you guys fukin place was on life support and kid came swinging....hope u and the fam are well bro.

Wabashwonders

Race 1 long shot play...#9 Distintly Sassy to win

Exacta 1,5,11/9

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Look at my dude writing a full in depth fukin script on the ponies for you guys fukin place was on life support and kid came swinging....hope u and the fam are well bro.
    Yeah man things are good, Thanks

Jellymancan
    Jellymancan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12010

Exacta 1,5,11/9
    Nice hit man!

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1177

R8) #9

Wabashwonders

Quote Originally Posted by Jellymancan View Post
    Nice hit man!
    Thanks. 1st time Lasix angle play.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Exacta 1,5,11/9
    Huge hit!

keep them coming

Jellymancan

I went all in that first race my early p5, so I'll take it as well. I got many favorites to close out, so doubtful to hit, but you never know.

Wabashwonders

Race 2....#7 R Sea Smoke drops from open claimer to N2L conditional and cuts back from mile to a sprint. Will be flying late with plenty of pace up front. Long shot play underneath is #8 Queen Abarrio trying turf for 1st time.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Here is my take on race 8 gulf.

This race is a mess. Lol.

1. Scratched

2. Wants to be close but outrun vs. these. Can't find a reason on form to think it will improve.

3. Shows speed to be close but the previous races show a real tendency to hang. Blinkers on 2 back did not help the cause. Those were going an extra 1/8th of a mile so I see the theory of " it only wants to go a mile", but the horse would have to prove it does not hang before I could bet it. Of course hangers don't hang when they go wire to wire, but it looks like others will shoot to the front. With fractions being quicker than the longer distances in previous tries this time in all probability, looks like another hang job to me. Until proven otherwise, I don't bet hangers to win.

4. Decent efforts from this horse. Would not be surprised if it ran fine but an o'fer rider chases me away. With this race such a scramble, I can't do the o'fer stuff here.

5. Mott, 2nd time lasix, plenty to want to like but his last race was terrible. I will chase prices elsewhere.

6. Solid, honest and can easily win. But no price here in all probability so looking elsewhere. If I was playing exactas or tris, it would be hard to leave this one out. But with a race like this, I can only look for a bomb in the win spot.

7. Might run better than expected at a 20-1 morning line. Without knowing the actual odds and needing to post this now, I'll pass. If I was playing the card though, I would be watching this horse for possible value at very high odds.

8. Pletcher firster and the board usually does the talking with Todd. I'll pass not knowing anything right now. Wins by 5, not surprised. Off the board, not surprised either. Pass.

9. Maker is very solid and he runs this horse back in 9 days. He entered the horse 6 days after it's 1st race and goes blks. ON. That means the horse had to go to the gate and break before he could enter. Trainers don't often break horses at the gate 4-5 days after they just ran their 1st lifetime race. Only one reason a trainer does that. He's pissed at the last effort. Horse came out of the race fine I'm sure or he would not have been able to do that and it had to have worked an 1/8th before they could pull it back to a gallop. Like I said, the trainer is obviously upset with the lack of effort the horse showed in its first start. The same rider stays on which is a positive. This horse will either wildly improve or he's a bum. At 20-1 or more type odds, I'd use this one for sure. I like pissed off trainers.

10. Another blks. on horse and it's last and only race was even and all over the place. On paper, a perfect candidate for blks. Don't like the 1-48 jock record but that rider is not nearly as bad as those current stats. Should also be 12-1 or so, and would use this one also if I was playing exotics.

11. Clement is so darn good with horses like this. It's real tough to toss this horse because of the trainer. Things to like and probably bet to 6-1 or so, I guess, so use the horse on exotics, sure. But it's horses like this one and about 5 others that make this race the mess I talked about at the top.

12. Probably flash to the lead from the 12 post but it backed up against much lesser and I cannot find a reason to think anything different will happen today.

Hope that helps somebody.

Good luck if you play.

Jellymancan

Good hit with #9 at Tampa Lkid, Thomas is a good trainer, been hot.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

I used drf.com myself.
    The best

Jellymancan

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The best
    Agree as well.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Great insight str ty

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Jellymancan View Post
    Good hit with #9 at Tampa Lkid, Thomas is a good trainer, been hot.
    thanks

dud you see the race?

Daniel has to stand straight up on horse for the first 50 yards cuz his right foot cane out

horse ran so easily still

Wabashwonders

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Here is my take on race 8 gulf.

This race is a mess. Lol.

1. Scratched

2. Wants to be close but outrun vs. these. Can't find a reason on form to think it will improve.

3. Shows speed to be close but the previous races show a real tendency to hang. Blinkers on 2 back did not help the cause. Those were going an extra 1/8th of a mile so I see the theory of " it only wants to go a mile", but the horse would have to prove it does not hang before I could bet it. Of course hangers don't hang when they go wire to wire, but it looks like others will shoot to the front. With fractions being quicker than the longer distances in previous tries this time in all probability, looks like another hang job to me. Until proven otherwise, I don't bet hangers to win.

4. Decent efforts from this horse. Would not be surprised if it ran fine but an o'fer rider chases me away. With this race such a scramble, I can't do the o'fer stuff here.

5. Mott, 2nd time lasix, plenty to want to like but his last race was terrible. I will chase prices elsewhere.

6. Solid, honest and can easily win. But no price here in all probability so looking elsewhere. If I was playing exactas or tris, it would be hard to leave this one out. But with a race like this, I can only look for a bomb in the win spot.

7. Might run better than expected at a 20-1 morning line. Without knowing the actual odds and needing to post this now, I'll pass. If I was playing the card though, I would be watching this horse for possible value at very high odds.

8. Pletcher firster and the board usually does the talking with Todd. I'll pass not knowing anything right now. Wins by 5, not surprised. Off the board, not surprised either. Pass.

9. Maker is very solid and he runs this horse back in 9 days. He entered the horse 6 days after it's 1st race and goes blks. ON. That means the horse had to go to the gate and break before he could enter. Trainers don't often break horses at the gate 4-5 days after they just ran their 1st lifetime race. Only one reason a trainer does that. He's pissed at the last effort. Horse came out of the race fine I'm sure or he would not have been able to do that and it had to have worked an 1/8th before they could pull it back to a gallop. Like I said, the trainer is obviously upset with the lack of effort the horse showed in its first start. The same rider stays on which is a positive. This horse will either wildly improve or he's a bum. At 20-1 or more type odds, I'd use this one for sure. I like pissed off trainers.

10. Another blks. on horse and it's last and only race was even and all over the place. On paper, a perfect candidate for blks. Don't like the 1-48 jock record but that rider is not nearly as bad as those current stats. Should also be 12-1 or so, and would use this one also if I was playing exotics.

11. Clement is so darn good with horses like this. It's real tough to toss this horse because of the trainer. Things to like and probably bet to 6-1 or so, I guess, so use the horse on exotics, sure. But it's horses like this one and about 5 others that make this race the mess I talked about at the top.

12. Probably flash to the lead from the 12 post but it backed up against much lesser and I cannot find a reason to think anything different will happen today.

Hope that helps somebody.

Good luck if you play.
    Messy races as you call them make for great betting races, which is why I thought this was a great betting race imo to get other views on. Reading others views like this makes me see other things I maybe didn’t notice and allows me to go back and take another look. Great insight here and of course by LKid as always.

123 Last