2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    just my 2 cents. Their title is tainted now. See post #5 on NE PLus more will come out of this mess. Good day.
    No more so than any other championships. Everyone tries to cheat, only gets pointed out when teams do it successfully and win. How it any more tainted than all the Yankees championships with all those juicers they had?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Anyone who didn’t think it was obvious they were sign stealing against rays in playoffs last year crazy. The way they teed off on glastnow in 1st inning of game 5 it was obvious they picked something up in his 1st start and took advantage in gams 5. Guy was throwing 100 mph with a hammer curve and they were all over every one his pitches.

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Have enough t-shirts but would fork over for Houston “Cheaters” replacing Astros.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

every at bat next season

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

On Saturday the Astros held their 2020 Astros FanFest event at Minute Maid Park and, naturally, players in attendance were asked about the sign-stealing scheme. Alex Bregman, usually one of the most outspoken players in the game, didn't have much to say. Here's what he told reporters, including MLB.com's Brian McTaggart, about MLB's punishment:

"The commissioner came out with a report, MLB did their report and the Astros did what they did. They made their decision on what they're going to do."

Bregman gave a variation of the same answer each time he was asked about the sign-stealing scheme and MLB's punishment. I get that that's a tough spot, but geez, maybe squeeze a "we're sorry for hurting the game" in there? A little remorse goes a long way.

Later in the interview Bregman was asked about the allegations the Astros used wearable buzzers to help steal signs and responded with a simple "That's stupid." The internet was abuzz earlier this week with videos and screen grabs suggesting Houston hitters wore illegal devices to steal signs, but MLB found no such evidence during their investigation.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    They can now hire a good manager ( hinch was an idiot) and team will be hungry to prove to people they are still great.

Showalter?
    Dusty Baker is about to become the Andy Reid of baseball

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Teixeira said the Yankees used modern technology for “old-school” benefits. The former first baseman, who played in pinstripes from 2009-2016, said a few Yankees players and coaches used replay monitors to decipher a sequence or indicator and would share it with teammates, though not in real time. When a runner would get to second base, he was told to check if the catcher was keeping the same signs, and if he was, the runner could then alert the hitter.

“This is what every team has done over the past few years with video rooms being close to the dugout and [it is] not against the rules,” Teixiera said.

Rules regarding the use of electronics to steal signs were updated after the 2017 season, which led to the Astros and Red Sox getting punished this offseason for more recent violations.

The Yankees and MLB reportedly have until noon on Monday to submit a “minimally redacted version of the letter,” though the Yankees argued it would cause “significant reputational injury,” U.S. District Court Judge Jed Rakoff wrote in an order, according to The Athletic. The letter is set to be unsealed June 19 and the Yankees are expected to file an emergency appeal.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

all I know is I already have a pair of seats from the Dome, when they opened up that flea market firesale of all the shit in that rat infested "Rodeo Dome," I just had to have em; and when they shut down that shithole Minute Maid Park/Enron Field, I plan to snag two of those Waste Management trash cans from the dugout, you know, the ones they used to signal pitches..........

say what you will, but the enjoyment I got from the Stroh's winning the series was real at the time; it has long since past..... but I truly enjoyed it at the time.....

when altuve got his hi tech "buzzer" signal and laced that Chapman pitch off the left field facade, it felt like i was having ten orgasms at once....

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

First 12