2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

So last installment of our discussion threads on college fb for the year. Was meaning to do this over the weekend but better late than never (still lots of time to discuss). As tradition I’ll start with one my favorites and then we will go from there.

Play #1

VaTech -2.5

Prob no surprise as I have talked this team up and bet them quite a bit down the stretch. Throw out any numbers on Hokies before the duke game imo as they were a completely different team after changing QBs, only loss with hooker at qb came the last game against uva in a game that coulda went either way. They lost by 1 vs ND but hooker didn’t play that game. I think what should be taken away from the uva loss was early on uva mobile qb hurt them w his legs but then Hokies put a stop to that and uva beat them by going to the air. I think that relevant here cause uk starts a wr at qb that really is no threat to throw! Hokies run defense only allows 3.8 yards per carry and I just can’t see bud foster in his final game not having a plan to stop a team who basically has no passing threat!

On the other side Hokies rushing attack was much improved after the switch at qb. Only very good rush defenses held them down after the switch. Uk ranks 100th in the nation allowing 4.9 per rush. Unlike uk qb the Hokies mobile qb can also beat you thru the air which makes the run much tougher to defend.

Hokies hold a huge advantage in the red zone. Both red zone defenses are strong but Hokies 6th in nation while uk is 24th. On the offensive side where the big advantage comes in. Vatech scores tds in over 93% their trips into the red zone this season ranking 12th in the country while uk only punches in 78% their trips into scoring range ranking 98th in the nation. In a game I don’t expect many big plays for scores how efficient teams are when they get inside the 20 is gonna be the difference.

This line be fair if you look at the entire season but I think that be foolish to not weight how these teams played the last month or so and in doing that I think this line is pretty short. Imo Hokies a good 6 points the better team maybe even 7 if you consider how much stronger they been away from home compared to uk. Give me vatech to cover the small number.

I have a few more and a total i already played but not ready to write about them so we will just start here to get the ball rolling.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Should be a great thread. I will be paying it
    attention over the next few weeks.

I’ll start Buffalo/Charlotte over 51.5

Unless I hear of bad weather not sure how
    this over misses.. bad news is the line is totally
    moving against the play..I can’t let that affect my decision.

I can see the Bulls getting close to the number on there own,
    and the 49ers will certainly be able to put up at least 21.

lets all try and make a few bucks this bowl season.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    Should be a great thread. I will be paying it
    attention over the next few weeks.

I’ll start Buffalo/Charlotte over 51.5

Unless I hear of bad weather not sure how
    this over misses.. bad news is the line is totally
    moving against the play..I can’t let that affect my decision.

I can see the Bulls getting close to the number on there own,
    and the 49ers will certainly be able to put up at least 21.

lets all try and make a few bucks this bowl season.
    I actually lean Charlotte so that should prob help your cause. I have a tough time capping these Mac teams cause it tough to buy into the numbers they accumulated vs other crappy Mac opponents. Mac team laying 6.5 makes me wanna play the dog. Lol. The over def makes some sense.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

Strong winds expected in Bahamas Bowl. That is why total is dropping

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Thanls for making this thread 2dabank

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Thanls for making this thread 2dabank
    No problem. I was planning on doing it sooner but got roped into helping a friend w his plowing business after it snowed 8 inches here Sunday/Monday. Not doing shit rest of week tho so gonna try and knock out some winners.

Demonata

I'm liking Washington-3.5 against Boise state. Feel they just are a higher quality team and boise losing to byu 3rd string qb is embarrassing.

Al Masters

Middle of afternoon game in the Bahamas

What effect do you think a +90 degree game can make.

If it does rain during game time the rain down there
    can be strong and with strong winds.

As you can see I’m concerned about the weather being a factor.

I hope it will be 75 and sunny, to early to rely on weather reports.

I’ll wait and see..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Think that hurts charlotte? Both teams run way more than pass but bulls have on paper a excellent run d and I’d say Charlotte has the better passing game. We talking like winds so bad throwing be difficult?

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Auburn might be lock city bro!!!

Al Masters

Thanks for the update.

2daBank

I'm liking Washington-3.5 against Boise state. Feel they just are a higher quality team and boise losing to byu 3rd string qb is embarrassing.
    Don’t love that huskies coach retired. And god does Eason annoy me.,

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    No problem. I was planning on doing it sooner but got roped into helping a friend w his plowing business after it snowed 8 inches here Sunday/Monday. Not doing shit rest of week tho so gonna try and knock out some winners.
    Yeah man I feel ya there. Used to plow a little in utah. Takes forever and you freeze your ass off Haha.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle420 View Post
    Auburn might be lock city bro!!!
    I’d lean that way Just dunno if I can lay a td? Their offense worries me. That said wiscy offense destroyed gophers and didn’t give up much: Auburn defense outta be pretty tough on gophers I’d assume.

Demonata

Don’t love that huskies coach retired. And god does Eason annoy me.,
    I don't love anything about boise state. I think they are super over rated.Washington played tough against way better competition too.

asiagambler

Think that hurts charlotte? Both teams run way more than pass but bulls have on paper a excellent run d and I’d say Charlotte has the better passing game. We talking like winds so bad throwing be difficult?
    No idea really, hardly know anything about Charlotte and Buffalo is probably the MAC team I know least about. But MAC teams all pretty much have one thing in common and they run run run

The winds are supposed to be bad, 25+ mph and 40+ mph gusts but still 3 days away, who knows if it holds. Weather so unreliable

2daBank

I don't love anything about boise state. I think they are super over rated.Washington played tough against way better competition too.
    I don’t like Boise either. They just always strike me as motivated any chance they get against power 5s while dunno if that be case w huskies.

2daBank

No idea really, hardly know anything about Charlotte and Buffalo is probably the MAC team I know least about. But MAC teams all pretty much have one thing in common and they run run run

The winds are supposed to be bad, 25+ mph and 40+ mph gusts but still 3 days away, who knows if it holds. Weather so unreliable
    I have a tough time thinking it a good idea to lay 6.5 w any Mac team pretty much why I lean Charlotte. The wind bothersome tho if we to believe bulls run d anywhere as good the numbers say? I always knock Mac team numbers some but how much is always the question.

asiagambler

Funny thing about Bahama Bowl, last season's was an historically bad beat if you had under, and people bet the under for the exact same reason- strong winds!

It was Toledo/FIU and I believe total opened 66.5, got bet all the way down to 56.5

FIU was up 28-25 with less than minute remaining, they had the ball and were just running out the clock. But then FIU ended up breaking one for a TD with like 20 seconds left

So it was 35-25 but then Toledo got the ball back and scored a TD on a hail mary. Refs put 1 second back on the clock and let them kick an extra point. Final score 35-32

It's almost like everyone involved, FIU, Toledo, the referees all wanted to bury the under bettors lol!

2daBank

Funny thing about Bahama Bowl, last season's was an historically bad beat if you had under, and people bet the under for the exact same reason- strong winds!

It was Toledo/FIU and I believe total opened 66.5, got bet all the way down to 56.5

FIU was up 28-25 with less than minute remaining, they had the ball and were just running out the clock. But then FIU ended up breaking one for a TD with like 20 seconds left

So it was 35-25 but then Toledo got the ball back and scored a TD on a hail mary. Refs put 1 second back on the clock and let them kick an extra point. Final score 35-32

It's almost like everyone involved, FIU, Toledo, the referees all wanted to bury the under bettors lol!
    Jfc. Even beat the guys who got the opener. Feel like you mighta been one of them? Lol. That blows.

2daBank

Bama/Michigan looks like a dead over to me. You would think Michigan new offense get even better with some more time to practice. Neither defense been very impressive and that number seems incredibly attainable.

asiagambler

I have a tough time thinking it a good idea to lay 6.5 w any Mac team pretty much why I lean Charlotte. The wind bothersome tho if we to believe bulls run d anywhere as good the numbers say? I always knock Mac team numbers some but how much is always the question.
    Buffalo looks like a big public play. Maybe wait until it gets to 7 and with a clearer idea on the weather, Charlotte +7 could be a good bet

asiagambler

Jfc. Even beat the guys who got the opener. Feel like you mighta been one of them? Lol. That blows.
    LOL no, last season was much better for me than this season... Total was actually bet up a little from the opener. I bet under 68 or 68.5. But I did end up mad I didn't go for a middle lol

Demonata

Oklahoma +12.5 I like but probably will buy it to +14. I'm still not buying this lsus teams defense. Jalen hurts will put up points.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Oklahoma +12.5 I like but probably will buy it to +14. I'm still not buying this lsus teams defense. Jalen hurts will put up points.
    You shouldn't have to buy. Last I checked on Bookmaker Oklahoma was +14 -105.

Nobody should be backing Okla +12.5, that's a bad number.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    You shouldn't have to buy. Last I checked on Bookmaker Oklahoma was +14 -105.

Nobody should be backing Okla +12.5, that's a bad number.
    Oh even better thanks!

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24834

I was on Wash as well but...

Wash TE (#1 receiver for them) is out.
    Boise St. QB is back (Bachmierer). He was their best QB and has been out since 11/2/19.

Both of these worried me about taking Wash. I'm still till debating on this game.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO

I read there was going to be something like 27 mph winds w/ some (not heavy) rain in Nassau. Wow!
    As you said, both teams run the ball well but I think Charlotte run D is no where as good as Buffalo's. With that in mind I was gradually moving to Buffalo on this pick. will be waiting for further weather updates though.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    I read there was going to be something like 27 mph winds w/ some (not heavy) rain in Nassau. Wow!
    As you said, both teams run the ball well but I think Charlotte run D is no where as good as Buffalo's. With that in mind I was gradually moving to Buffalo on this pick. will be waiting for further weather updates though.
    I just don’t know how good bulls run d really is? I have a hard time buying that 2.9 ypc allowed when it came against other crappy Mac teams? This what makes bowls tricky, especially w teams that play in suspect conferences. Forget the numbers but someone was pointing out how bad a bet Mac teams tend to be in bowl games. There no way I could see myself laying a td with any of them but if the weather is so that throwing isn’t a option it might be a pass for me.

2daBank

I was on Wash as well but...

Wash TE (#1 receiver for them) is out.
    Boise St. QB is back (Bachmierer). He was their best QB and has been out since 11/2/19.

Both of these worried me about taking Wash. I'm still till debating on this game.
    I don’t love pederson being gone either, and like I said I do not like Eason. Dude tends to make terrible mistake at worst times.

2daBank

If anyone hears of guys who gonna sit out bowls to prepare for draft please don’t hesitate in listing them in here!!!! Curious bout the bama wrs as they have 3 potential 1st rounders, not sure bama gives a shit bout a bowl that not part of playoffs?

2daBank

If we gettin most the offensive players in the bama/Michigan game suiting up that number seems super low to me. 54 seems Much more reflective of past Michigan teams not this version of big blue who has a more modern offense!!

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm definitely not surprised by Bankers Hokie pick. lol.
    Banker, I'm going to get this for you for Christmas.

2daBank

I'm definitely not surprised by Bankers Hokie pick. lol.
    Banker, I'm going to get this for you for Christmas.

lmfao. Or just a acc mug would do since apparently I’m the only person alive who thinks the narrative they so much worse than big 10 is bogus! Lol. Not like I’m saying they the strongest conf and maybe they lack elite teams outside of Clemson but no way I buy this crap that their middle isn’t equal to the middling sec or big 10 teams.

Nobody who been paying attention this year shoulda been shocked by that one. I just don’t see uk being equal with no passing threat whatsoever! I’m happily surprised the betting appears split on this one. Acc continues being disrespected. Ville another one I’m looking at.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

think steve had another good year

Stanford Steve and The Bear Bowl Special
    Bowl game analysis & picks

Wednesday | 5 p.m. ET | ESPN2

boise one of my fav plays +3'

marshall +17

navy -2'

wisc -2'