Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

New Skrill Fees - for everyone?

Got this by email from Skrill today;

• From 15th January 2020, the fee for uploading funds to your Skrill Account will be 2.5% for all payment methods.
    • We have also revised the fee structure for the Skrill Cryptocurrency Service so that you will pay a flat fee for transactions of less than EUR 100
    • From 15th January 2020, the fee for domestic Skrill Money Transfer transactions will be 2%.
    • All Skrill Money Transfer transactions will also be subject to a currency conversion fee of 3.99%.

Did everyone get this or is just my country maybe?

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Same here (Germany)

LobStarMX
    LobStarMX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

so basically same fees as neteller, again?

That sucks

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

Ecopayz is decent alternative , especially with high VIP status . Cashback 0.5% from deposits , Free peer 2 peer transfers , free card , lower FX fees .

And the 2nd thing is Revolut . Highly recommend those
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: betico

NBAtanker
    NBAtanker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    Ecopayz is decent alternative , especially with high VIP status . Cashback 0.5% from deposits , Free peer 2 peer transfers , free card , lower FX fees .

And the 2nd thing is Revolut . Highly recommend those
    Revolut is always recommend

ichiro4thehall
    ichiro4thehall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 790

I'd be really careful with Revolut guys. It works great but if you ever have any type of problem you are completely screwed. Their customer service is zero kelvin of customer service.

Skrill is a strange one. I can't see how anyone from a Western country can use it. There 1 percent deposit fees made me stop using it never mind 2.5%.

Surely Skrill has made less money the last year after introducing 1 percent fee. Where is the logic that increasing the fee further is a solution? Another greedy company going to go broke killing the sheep.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by ichiro4thehall View Post
    I'd be really careful with Revolut guys. It works great but if you ever have any type of problem you are completely screwed. Their customer service is zero kelvin of customer service.

Skrill is a strange one. I can't see how anyone from a Western country can use it. There 1 percent deposit fees made me stop using it never mind 2.5%.

Surely Skrill has made less money the last year after introducing 1 percent fee. Where is the logic that increasing the fee further is a solution? Another greedy company going to go broke killing the sheep.
    Agree. It's tough to understand in what situation I would be forced to pay that much to move money when it costs less to wire and accept retail bank exchange rates.

enzo
    enzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Me too ( Morocco)
    And the problem we don’t have any better other options to use so we are obliged to continue with that greedy company

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11842

That sucks. I dreaded the day Neteller and Skrill joined forces.

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

It's due to Brexit perhaps?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Skrill will lose even more customers and it doesn't seem like they will make it up in fees, or will they?

The cost of moving money always goes up with the established guys, forcing us to go to the smaller cheaper guys we might not always want to trust. Then they get bigger and raise fees because the generous platform doesn't work with big numbers.

Seems like a never ending chase that pops up every few years.

fire777
    fire777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

Until now, bank withdrawals are free, while bank deposits cost 1% for VIP silver customers. As a precaution I started using bookmakers with BTC accounts (be careful not to talk about books that accept BTC but have FIAT accounts)

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Got this by email from Skrill today;

• From 15th January 2020, the fee for uploading funds to your Skrill Account will be 2.5% for all payment methods.
    • We have also revised the fee structure for the Skrill Cryptocurrency Service so that you will pay a flat fee for transactions of less than EUR 100
    • From 15th January 2020, the fee for domestic Skrill Money Transfer transactions will be 2%.
    All Skrill Money Transfer transactions will also be subject to a currency conversion fee of 3.99%.

Did everyone get this or is just my country maybe?
    How the fuk do they get away with this shit. They MUST operate in at least 1 fiat currency but it will never be the one that anyone ever sends them. So they r gonna take Euros change them to USD then back to Euros, bullshit. They just fleecing customers by hawking another 4% if that is a blanket statement for ALL TRANSFER TRANSACTIONS like it says.

floki
    floki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

thats good news, more books will dump skrill/neteller