crispyman
    crispyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Paypal fees

What are the fees to use this as a deposit method?

From what I can see it's the only remaining way to deposit to 365 that won't pass through my bank account, now that they've closed off Neteller and Skrill.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Not surprised they would ditch Skrill.

Got this by email from them today;

• From 15th January 2020, the fee for uploading funds to your Skrill Account will be 2.5% for all payment methods.
    • We have also revised the fee structure for the Skrill Cryptocurrency Service so that you will pay a flat fee for transactions of less than EUR 100
    • From 15th January 2020, the fee for domestic Skrill Money Transfer transactions will be 2%.
    • All Skrill Money Transfer transactions will also be subject to a currency conversion fee of 3.99%.

How do you fund/defund Paypal without going through a bank account btw?

crispyman

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    How do you fund/defund Paypal without going through a bank account btw?
    I imagine to give a friend cash, he puts it through his bank account to his PayPal to my PayPal and into the book from there.

Does anyone know about what fees using this would incorporate?

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Quote Originally Posted by crispyman View Post
    now that they've closed off Neteller and Skrill.
    They did? Where are you from?

NBAtanker
    NBAtanker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    They did? Where are you from?
    They didn’t in Europe my options are still available, I’m in Ireland and it has 17 deposit methods so he must be NJ ?

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i pay no fee to use paypal to deposit to books as long as i use my bank account. if i use my credit card hooked to my account, i pay a small fee that paypal charges me.

i am yet to see a quality book though that accepts paypal and accepts US players. only lower rated books accepted my paypal deposits.

crispyman

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    i pay no fee to use paypal to deposit to books as long as i use my bank account. if i use my credit card hooked to my account, i pay a small fee that paypal charges me.

i am yet to see a quality book though that accepts paypal and accepts US players. only lower rated books accepted my paypal deposits.
    Thanks - what about fees when withdrawing from the book and back into your bank account?

Quote Originally Posted by NBAtanker View Post
    They didn’t in Europe my options are still available, I’m in Ireland and it has 17 deposit methods so he must be NJ ?
    Bet365 stopped accepting deposits from Neteller and Skril for Irish and UK customers.

ichiro4thehall
    ichiro4thehall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 790

Crispy

As you are in UK Paysafe can be quite good when you get used to it. Lots of shops in UK have paypoint machines where you can buy paysafe vouchers with cash or your bank card. It will just show up as a purchase from the shop on your bank statement. The max you can do in one transaction is 175 pounds which is a problem. But if you live in a city, there will be prob 10 or so shops selling paysafe vouchers within a mile or so.

A warning if you use Paysafe, do not get the linked account with PIN. There are many bad experiences out there of people having funds seized when they use their vouchers to put them in a linked pot. However, there is no single example of Paysafe voiding a single voucher where you use the 16 digit number yourself.

Also, it's super easy to open a second bank account in the UK if you don't want betting transactions showing up in your main bank account for some reason like you want to get a mortgage etc. from that bank in future.

paypal best option though, for sure.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

PayPal, b365...how?!

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

[QUOTE=crispyman;29045185]Thanks - what about fees when withdrawing from the book and back into your bank account?

I paid no fee to receive the money into my paypal wallet and when i withdraw to my bank from paypal I pay no fees. Not sure if the book paid any fee on their end but not my concern. It was not a big withdrawal though.

acquavallo
    acquavallo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8232

PayPal is very useful. The free transfers take 2-3 days. They also have immediate, even to any debit card, for 1% capped at max $10 fee...takes seconds.
    Throw them a bone by using PayPal checkout / PP debit card / PP credit card / PP instant purchase credit. The PP app sends periodic free money to use for food or retail.
    Win - win and convenient.