RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

cant get blown out at home to western kentucky

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

couldn't happen to a better guy...he got what he deserved...instead of staying put at SMU (who gave him his first head coaching job) and trying to build his own program there, he bailed and jumped at the first sign of dollar signs for another school...just like Charlie Strong's sorry ass for leaving Louisville and ditto for Rich Rod leaving West Virginia...and bobby Petrino, Ken Sumlin, etc, etc...the list goes on and on...more often than not, these losers don't realize how good they had it and then ultimately will fade into obscurity...that is why I respect Mark Few of Gonzaga...took them from a cupcake mid-major and now a perennial top 10 powerhouse in college basketball...he could probably have any other job if he wanted to but decided to stay in Spokane and build his own legacy...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    couldn't happen to a better guy...he got what he deserved...instead of staying put at SMU (who gave him his first head coaching job) and trying to build his own program there, he bailed and jumped at the first sign of dollar signs for another school...just like Charlie Strong's sorry ass for leaving Louisville and ditto for Rich Rod leaving West Virginia...and bobby Petrino, Ken Sumlin, etc, etc...the list goes on and on...more often than not, these losers don't realize how good they had it and then ultimately will fade into obscurity...that is why I respect Mark Few of Gonzaga...took them from a cupcake mid-major and now a perennial top 10 powerhouse in college basketball...he could probably have any other job if he wanted to but decided to stay in Spokane and build his own legacy...
    i largely agree......

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

add frost @ nebraska. ucf was banging on the door 2 straight yrs dont think I leave that, I bet in his heart he regrets leaving ucf for what he has now
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    add frost @ nebraska. ucf was banging on the door 2 straight yrs dont think I leave that, I bet in his heart he regrets leaving ucf for what he has now
    another good one!...totally forgot about him...but yeah that's why I said the list goes on and on...

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Frost always had his sights on coaching at Nebraska. It's where he played. It's not like he was going there to get more money.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I lived in Spokane 37 years mostly before moving East.

Few is a god there. I've never seen him in public and only known him being at restraunts I was at, but in the back room with friends/family.

He'll never buy a meal, never pay for anyting, and that town is SO cheap even compared to shitty parts of PA/NJ, the really nice areas are still about 1/2 what they are here.

He understands that he could go anywhere, and get ran out of town in 5 years and then bounce around the rest of his life.

He made a wise choice and continues to do so.

EDIT: And yes, Stockton is every bit a c+nt he looks like on TV. My buddy cooked at Jack and Dans years ago and spit massive loogies in his food several times. He won't even sign autographs for disabled children at meet n greets in the gym at Gonzaga. He's pretty much the worst person ever. It's really too bad.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Embarrassing program

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    I lived in Spokane 37 years mostly before moving East.

Few is a god there. I've never seen him in public and only known him being at restraunts I was at, but in the back room with friends/family.

He'll never buy a meal, never pay for anyting, and that town is SO cheap even compared to shitty parts of PA/NJ, the really nice areas are still about 1/2 what they are here.

He understands that he could go anywhere, and get ran out of town in 5 years and then bounce around the rest of his life.

He made a wise choice and continues to do so.

EDIT: And yes, Stockton is every bit a c+nt he looks like on TV. My buddy cooked at Jack and Dans years ago and spit massive loogies in his food several times. He won't even sign autographs for disabled children at meet n greets in the gym at Gonzaga. He's pretty much the worst person ever. It's really too bad.
    Your very correct, not lots of money in Spokane. I think it’s pretty much impossible to get tickets to zag games. I used to always get some good breakfast at Molly’s, I have a definite love hate with that city lol

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Frost always had his sights on coaching at Nebraska. It's where he played. It's not like he was going there to get more money.
    I know hes from there and played there but if I did what I he did at ucf Id just let that pipe dream of coaching nebraska go unless things started to go sour at ucf, 2 straight undefeated seasons and living in sunny florida along with 2 mil a yr and no telling how many perks

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

If I’m in charge of Arkansas …

1. Mike Leach
    2. Hugh Freeze
    3. Mike Norvell
    4. Lane Kiffin
    5. Rich Rodriguez

jtoler