Ph q all
    Ph q all's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2902

Dang it sounds like Earls been oppressed all these years.
    Another professional athlete with no chance... So sad.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas needs to spend more $$$$$$$$$$ on recruiting if they want to win big......

Never gonna get there on the bubble of the top 25 spending list........

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Elmo Wright was exactly the type of recruit Darrell K. Royal needed in 1966. He had only started playing receiver at East Texas’s Sweeny High during his senior year, but he was a natural; he once scored five touchdowns in a game. He had the talent to play anywhere, but he knew what his top choice was. “I’d love to go to the University of Texas,” he told his coach. “I’d like to be the first Afro-American to play there.”

As Asher Price writes in his deeply researched and reported biography, Earl Campbell: Yards After Contact (UT Press), Royal invited Wright to visit Austin and spoke with him in his office. “You’re going to have to be like Jackie Robinson,” the legendary coach told him.

After the meeting, Royal called Wright’s high school coach. “He’s the real deal, grades and everything,” Royal said. “But, unfortunately, at this stage of the game we’re not ready to take that step.” Wright ended up at the University of Houston, where he was named an All-American receiver and, among other things, invented the end zone dance, and then went on to play five seasons in the NFL.

Earl Campbell, as an eleven-year-old living in Tyler when Royal dashed Wright’s dreams, was no stranger to racism either. If Campbell wanted to buy a hamburger at the local diner, he had to get his food to go, served out of the back door. On his way home, he and his brothers often ran, to avoid trouble with white neighbors.

Both the Longhorns football team and the Tyler school system were finally integrated in 1970, sixteen years after Brown v. Board of Education and a few years before Campbell got to join the team from which Wright had been barred. He was, in short, a target of some of the worst prejudice that America had to offer and a witness to the profound changes in race relations that occurred in the middle of the last century. Price, a longtime reporter for the Austin American-Statesman, makes the most of Campbell’s prominence at such a pivotal moment, using Campbell’s experiences to unravel the ugly history of integration in Texas—first in Tyler, then in Austin, and finally in Houston.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Earl We all know is not to bright

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Why is it that anytime someone says... "nothing against Ehlinger", they normally are going to say something totally against Ehlinger. lol

Ehlinger is a good QB. He has a strong arm, physical and can run the rock when he has too. I think he may be more NFL ready than Trevor Lawrence.
    Can’t believe everyone knocking him, I dunno if he a nfl qb, never said he was but he been excellent at Texas. Kid is freaking carrying this team who can’t stop a nose bleed on d!!

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Skoal Brother

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

I’m just pissed there aren’t more white cornerbacks or any for that matter

Jason Sehorn was the last one I think

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

As long as they keep the "white head coach" then the odds are on their side

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I’m just pissed there aren’t more white cornerbacks or any for that matter

Jason Sehorn was the last one I think
    Those black corners are killing Texas this year! Maybe they should try some crackers! Lol

G Anon Dropout
    G Anon Dropout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7458

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Why would you not count Wilson?
    Probably because Wilson is half white. Also, he won with a Seattle team that scored more points on defense than Denver did on offense.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Didnt he also say you cant win in the NFL without a black quarterback. Just sounds like a incoherent bigot to me.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Elmo Wright was exactly the type of recruit Darrell K. Royal needed in 1966. He had only started playing receiver at East Texas’s Sweeny High during his senior year, but he was a natural; he once scored five touchdowns in a game. He had the talent to play anywhere, but he knew what his top choice was. “I’d love to go to the University of Texas,” he told his coach. “I’d like to be the first Afro-American to play there.”

As Asher Price writes in his deeply researched and reported biography, Earl Campbell: Yards After Contact (UT Press), Royal invited Wright to visit Austin and spoke with him in his office. “You’re going to have to be like Jackie Robinson,” the legendary coach told him.

After the meeting, Royal called Wright’s high school coach. “He’s the real deal, grades and everything,” Royal said. “But, unfortunately, at this stage of the game we’re not ready to take that step.” Wright ended up at the University of Houston, where he was named an All-American receiver and, among other things, invented the end zone dance, and then went on to play five seasons in the NFL.

Earl Campbell, as an eleven-year-old living in Tyler when Royal dashed Wright’s dreams, was no stranger to racism either. If Campbell wanted to buy a hamburger at the local diner, he had to get his food to go, served out of the back door. On his way home, he and his brothers often ran, to avoid trouble with white neighbors.

Both the Longhorns football team and the Tyler school system were finally integrated in 1970, sixteen years after Brown v. Board of Education and a few years before Campbell got to join the team from which Wright had been barred. He was, in short, a target of some of the worst prejudice that America had to offer and a witness to the profound changes in race relations that occurred in the middle of the last century. Price, a longtime reporter for the Austin American-Statesman, makes the most of Campbell’s prominence at such a pivotal moment, using Campbell’s experiences to unravel the ugly history of integration in Texas—first in Tyler, then in Austin, and finally in Houston.

What does any of this stuff have to do with what he said though. It doesnt.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

This pales in comparison to AOC's racial ramblings in front of congress.

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    What does any of this stuff have to do with what he said though. It doesnt.
    He's just showin' all of us his age basically. I would say solid memory & nice take on Campbell's back story, but that had to be a copy & paste job.
    Last edited by BeatTheJerk; 10-31-19 at 12:33 PM.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    [B]He's just showin' all of us his age basically. I would say solid memory & nice take on Campbell's back story, but that had to be a copy & paste job.
    Yeah fair point their,to much fluff in the piece.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

You never heard of Earl Campbell...

Campbell took a lot of head shots. He's in bad physical shape, so I'll chalk this up to a bit of dementia. Or maybe he was taken out of context. You can't really trust everything you read. He also might have been pointing out that UT should get more diversity in QBs and perhaps head coaches. They ran Charlie Strong out of town and really haven't been worth a shit since VY. I've heard rumblings that Texas chancellors, boosters (the big ones) and folks with power are old school, lets have white faces in the program. Who the hell knows?
    Hilarious all the excuses you have for blacks whether they are head coaches or criminals caught on tape.

He was run out of town? He was there for 3 years without a winning record. Did those raciss boosters make his teams suck? You think he would be gone if he went 7-5 or 8-4 his last year?

I really don't mind Earl saying something like this, I mean it's kind of hard to argue with the success of black QBs in college, but only if on the flip side it can be said teams need white coaches.

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Yeah fair point their,to much fluff in the piece.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

What is with you clowns in here trying to defend Charlie Strong? Is was TERRIBLE at Texas. He never defeated a Pac 12 team, including a 4 win Cal team in 2016. He lost all three of his games against TCU by a combined score of 129-26. Ne NEVER had a winning season. He was beat by a 6-6 Arkansas team 31-7 in hos ONLY bowl game. He was suppose to be the savior at USF, but lost his final 6 games last season after winning his first 7. He is 4-4 this season with wins against UConn and South Carolina State in that mix. The racist blacks are out in force in this thread.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, if I put it in bold, it's a copy and paste.

BeatTheJerk

Yeah, if I put it in bold, it's a copy and paste.
    Thanks for the clarification

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    the last black QB to win a super bowl was in 1989 unless you count Russel Wilson

never heard of Earl but he sounds like prejudice
    Ah yes, the classic black qb matchup. John Elway vs Joe Montana.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Dumb statement on his part but the last time Texas won shit, Vince Young was the qb.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Booya711

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Reminds me of Rosen BUSTO
    Why is it that anytime someone says... "nothing against Ehlinger", they normally are going to say something totally against Ehlinger. lol

Ehlinger is a good QB. He has a strong arm, physical and can run the rock when he has too. I think he may be more NFL ready than Trevor Lawrence.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Ah yes, the classic black qb matchup. John Elway vs Joe Montana.
    Lmfao, and wtf is the “if you count russ Wilson” shit? Did I miss the memo where we decided he was good enough to be white!! Lol

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Dumb statement on his part but the last time Texas won shit, Vince Young was the qb.
    /thread

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6139

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Earl We all know is not to bright
    Judging by the grammar and spelling in this, and most of your sentences, neither are you.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Dude was a horse and a beast, BIG LEGS ----- I remember #34 and that damn Houston Oilers song too..

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Mr KLC 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Donnie Shell............

My favorite DShell (AKA Torpedo) hit of ALL TIME........

He Fedexed so many devastating hits that it wasn't easy
    for me to choose this as El Número Uno........

The fact Campbell had 40+ lbs. on Shell made it all the better.......

The Don Torpedo Shell shatters Early Campbell's ribs @2:45!............

These 2 clips show the play and the aftermath in the wake of Shell's millisecond sinister ploy of action on Campbell
    ,Lol.........

Best quality>>>https://twitter.com/ol_timefootball/...642112?lang=en

Not bad>>>>>>>

https://twitter.com/steelcitystar/st...935169?lang=en

Can any of you all make a GIF outta this hit?

This was also Houston's 3rd turnover in the 1st quarter!........

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

so i guess he forgot about swoopes.... he was there just a few years ago. trash

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Texas just sucks so....

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138