gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

can wisconsin get in?....... i feel stupid, but how many losses do they have?

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I'm always up for a flip of the script. We always see the same old teams in this tournament. Would be good to see a team like Minnesota or Utah get in for a change.
    i would love to see march madness make one spot reserved for a team that hasn't been in tourney for a long time (would need to be semi-deserving)..... of course, why not just expand to 80 teams and have a few spots like that. people say "dilution... yada, yada" but it's already horribly diluted.

couldn't do this with 4 team cfb championship..... but i like the idea.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    I think they have 2

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I'm always up for a flip of the script. We always see the same old teams in this tournament. Would be good to see a team like Minnesota or Utah get in for a change.
    I think it sucks for Utah that ducks losing prob hurts them. Dunno how they have guts to call it national championship when they continually leave out a entire region?? Just cause ppl think certain teams are better don’t mean they would win, if that was the case this betting thing be easy!!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6554

i would love to see march madness make one spot reserved for a team that hasn't been in tourney for a long time (would need to be semi-deserving)..... of course, why not just expand to 80 teams and have a few spots like that. people say "dilution... yada, yada" but it's already horribly diluted.

No, but they could take the big five conference champions (make the conference championship games count for something other than a money grab), and (at a minimum) 3 wildcards. Make it a true playoff, as it is now it's nothing more than a glorified invitational. The argument of too many games, diminishes the bowl games, etc is bullshit.

FCS is starting their 24 team playoff this weekend, top 8 get byes. Playoff games each week for the next 4 weeks then championship game after Christmas Break. Minimum of 1, maximum of 5 extra games, season total up to 17. Never hear the powers that be cry about too many games for these "student athletes", and they don't have near the resources/money of the big boys . The bowl games can double as playoff hosts, which actually elevates the majority of them, as it is now the lesser bowls are meaningless to most but the alumni. Also eliminates the excuse of scheduling preschools for out of conference games for fear of losing and hurting your chances of getting into the playoff. Looking at you Saban.

It's gonna take a team like Minny to upset the whole fukn' applecart, nothing would be better. Except maybe the big conferences telling the NCAA to stick it and starting their own association.

Apologies for the rant, just get annoyed by all the hypocrisy.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    No, but they could take the big five conference champions (make the conference championship games count for something other than a money grab), and (at a minimum) 3 wildcards. Make it a true playoff, as it is now it's nothing more than a glorified invitational. The argument of too many games, diminishes the bowl games, etc is bullshit.

FCS is starting their 24 team playoff this weekend, top 8 get byes. Playoff games each week for the next 4 weeks then championship game after Christmas Break. Minimum of 1, maximum of 5 extra games, season total up to 17. Never hear the powers that be cry about too many games for these "student athletes", and they don't have near the resources/money of the big boys . The bowl games can double as playoff hosts, which actually elevates the majority of them, as it is now the lesser bowls are meaningless to most but the alumni. Also eliminates the excuse of scheduling preschools for out of conference games for fear of losing and hurting your chances of getting into the playoff. Looking at you Saban.

It's gonna take a team like Minny to upset the whole fukn' applecart, nothing would be better. Except maybe the big conferences telling the NCAA to stick it and starting their own association.
    Gophers could really do it, don’t think they will but it would make it madness if they did!

I’m good w 8. It stupid not to have all 5 power 5 champs, I want one the little guys they let in New Years bowl to get in payoff, then they can take bama and osu any year they don’t win their conf like they want, lol.

If they did this maybe cowards like bama wouldn’t be so scared to schedule a real team in non conf since out of conf loss wouldn’t matter and we could get better Games early other than watching them destroy little sisters of the poor!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7355

Committee wants: OSU vs Alabama and LSU vs. Clemson

Forget Utah and Oklahoma.

4 best teams are obvious. Its not that hard to get this right.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Committee wants: OSU vs Alabama and LSU vs. Clemson

Forget Utah and Oklahoma.

4 best teams are obvious. Its not that hard to get this right.
    There you go again thinking teams shouldn’t have to earn anything. Sad.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7355

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    There you go again thinking teams shouldn’t have to earn anything. Sad.
    What has Oklahoma earned? Their defense is horrible, Lost to a bad KSU team. Gives up 40 points all the time.
    Utah- has beat nobody. Lost to the only top 25 team USC when USC played their 3rd team QB- sad.
    Alabama- at least they lost to the #1 team in the country.

2daBank

What has Oklahoma earned? Their defense is horrible, Lost to a bad KSU team. Gives up 40 points all the time.
    Utah- has beat nobody. Lost to the only top 25 team USC when USC played their 3rd team QB- sad.
    Who said anything bout sooners? You brought them up not me. Bama has beaten not one ranked team. Schedules the most Pathetic non conf in the country but you think they great even with a shit defense and no qb so they should be in. Like I said; Fukk it, don’t even play the damn season cause you know on paper who the best.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3690

Would be interesting to see.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3690

I think it sucks for Utah that ducks losing prob hurts them. Dunno how they have guts to call it national championship when they continually leave out a entire region?? Just cause ppl think certain teams are better don’t mean they would win, if that was the case this betting thing be easy!!
    Yeah I mean its a fair chunk of your fan base,you leave out. Unless your from the South,you are gonna be hard pressed to find a team to support in the Playoffs. Ohio State and Notre Dame are the main exception.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19743

Clemson wins it all.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Clemson wins it all.
    I think so too. They better not sleep on vatech tho assuming they beat uva. Hokies been playing like a top 15 team since changing QBs.

2daBank

I think so too. They better not sleep on vatech tho assuming they beat uva. Hokies been playing like a top 15 team since changing QBs.
    The great part bout this would be if hokies give tigers a game most the morons will look at it as a indictment of Clemson cause they don’t know how good vatech has gotten. In reality this be just as hard a game osu faces in big10!’

Hopefully gives us more value on tigers in the playoffs!! Clemson tigers that is, not garbage no defense toothless LSU tigers.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

lol you don’t really think Clemson wins it all do you?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

do you understand Ohio State would be -17.5 to Clemson on a neutral field

bro the Buckeyes would make easy work out of Clemsux and that f\*g QB

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I shouldn’t say that about Clemson or the QB I’m sure he is nice kid

but Clemson must pay for mocking the band with 59-0 thing

I hope Ohio State will run the score up if given the chance

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    do you understand Ohio State would be -17.5 to Clemson on a neutral field

bro the Buckeyes would make easy work out of Clemsux and that f\*g QB
    Did you come up with that hypothetical line on your own? Ohio State would be favored but less than 6 points, and Clemson probably wins straight up.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

no Wisconsin can’t get in

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Bear, you are a total idiot. Just who has Ohio State played? Here is my scenario. Ohio State defeats both Michigan and whomever they play in the CC game by 10 points or more. That gives them the #1 ranking over LSU, who cruises past A&M and a Georgia team that has no offense and is terrible in the 4th quarter. LSU gets the #2 spot. Clemson has no competition so they get the #3 spot and play LSU in the Playoffs. #4 is a bit more difficult. If either Utah or Oklahoma run the table, do they get in over a one loss, non conference champion Alabama. Probably so. Alabama would have to prove that they are clearly and without question a top 4 team. Without Tua, they cannot do that. IF they cannot do that, then a one loss conference winner gets in. My guess is Utah. So you have a nice Big 10-Pac 12 clash and a nice ACC-SEC battle. Just a thought.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    the way I see it

Bama vs Oklahoma

The Ohio State vs Clemson

can anyone see Georgia or LSU sneaking past Bama?
    Bear knew

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

defense is bad for sure

First 12