Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Some traders on Betfair are dumb (rugby: New Zealand vs. Canada)

Just check the market: Rugby World Cup / New Zealand vs. Canada

Look at the amount traded at 1.01 on New Zealand. The traders laying NZ @ 1.01 are dumb. It's obviously more profitable to place bets on both Canada + The Draw (around 400/1).

On a side note, people backing New Zealand @ 1.01 (-10000) are placing a value bet. Sounds funny but anyone following rugby will agree.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No access guy here

Poisec

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    No access guy here
    Broker available even for the US residents

Poisec

Did some landscaping too by the way, or farm jobs, 1 year vi sa in Australia did some mango tree pruning, nice job.

Poisec

And now odds for both Canada and the draw are 1000. Makes sense.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Not often you can say a 1.01 shot has value but you're right if you want to pick up some loose change. NZ could put out their 3rd stringers and I'd still say it has value.

Poisec

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Not often you can say a 1.01 shot has value but you're right if you want to pick up some loose change. NZ could put out their 3rd stringers and I'd still say it has value.
    Handicap is 66.5 pts, I think they can win by 90 but it's a difficult market as you don't know if they will play at 100%. But I'd say it's still worth a stake, I think Canada will score 0 point, NZ can score 70 pts no doubt.

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by Poisec View Post
    Handicap is 66.5 pts, I think they can win by 90 but it's a difficult market as you don't know if they will play at 100%. But I'd say it's still worth a stake, I think Canada will score 0 point, NZ can score 70 pts no doubt.
    They will. Bad spot for Canada with the long lay off for NZ it's going to be a pretty good team they put out.

Also a team that doesn't take the foot off the gas no matter who they play but humid conditions aren't great for them which will lead to a few botched tries I think. NZ defense hasn't been as good as it has in recent years but as you say Canada scoring a point would be very tough for them, would need an intercept or a bit of ref help close to the line with repeat penalties.

Just taken the O48.5 in the France game the weather looks okay, think the French might throw it around a bit. Thoughts? Worried about that storm though but can't find great weather predictions.

Poisec

They will. Bad spot for Canada with the long lay off for NZ it's going to be a pretty good team they put out.

Also a team that doesn't take the foot off the gas no matter who they play but humid conditions aren't great for them which will lead to a few botched tries I think. NZ defense hasn't been as good as it has in recent years but as you say Canada scoring a point would be very tough for them, would need an intercept or a bit of ref help close to the line with repeat penalties.

Just taken the O48.5 in the France game the weather looks okay, think the French might throw it around a bit. Thoughts? Worried about that storm though but can't find great weather predictions.
    Not sure about the weather but it was said to be tough today in Japan, honestly France could win by 12 points or by 35 pts you never know with them. But on another forum I posted an unbiased prediction, 32-12 for France so that would be U48.5, but just a gut feeling, this game is not easy to predict.

Poisec

France vs USA much closer than expected.

Mase of Base

France vs USA much closer than expected.
    Yeah was quite a good game to watch! Over missed by a fair bit on looking but could of hit on another day.

USA needed to go for tries not penalties, not going to beat a big side taking three points when you're 5m out like twice in the first half where they looked like scoring.

Humidity is so big in this world cup it's making capping very hard. That was my third play in a tournament I'd usually be all over.

Interested to see if Georgia can knock of Fiji tomorrow. Fiji's last loss has ruined the odds as they are a decent team but their heads can drop. They would of had hopes of a shock quarter final so might not turn up for that game which Georgia certainly will.

Poisec

on another forum I posted an unbiased prediction, 32-12 for France
    33-9 final score, not too bad
    Points Awarded:

Mase of Base gave Poisec 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Poisec

Yeah was quite a good game to watch! Over missed by a fair bit on looking but could of hit on another day.

USA needed to go for tries not penalties, not going to beat a big side taking three points when you're 5m out like twice in the first half where they looked like scoring.

Humidity is so big in this world cup it's making capping very hard. That was my third play in a tournament I'd usually be all over.

Interested to see if Georgia can knock of Fiji tomorrow. Fiji's last loss has ruined the odds as they are a decent team but their heads can drop. They would of had hopes of a shock quarter final so might not turn up for that game which Georgia certainly will.
    Great effort from USA really kept the score close for a while, but as often stronger team gets the job done in last 10 minutes.

Mase of Base

Strong Kiwi line up as expected. Ref and humidity only thing keeping them from getting close to 100 imo.

Poisec

Strong Kiwi line up as expected. Ref and humidity only thing keeping them from getting close to 100 imo.
    Yep handicap should win. Humidity I am guessing Kiwis are used to it.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Canada Over 0.5 Tries -104

Mase of Base

Yep handicap should win. Humidity I am guessing Kiwis are used to it.
    Nah not down here mate, fairly cold winters and warm summers but not really humid, especially compared with Asia anyway.

You're a brave man Optional taking the Canadians to score a try! Hope they do though.

Mase of Base

On another note bookies must of just cleaned up with penalty try as first try scorer.

*I don't ever bet it but assume it's an option

Poisec

Nah not down here mate, fairly cold winters and warm summers but not really humid, especially compared with Asia anyway.

You're a brave man Optional taking the Canadians to score a try! Hope they do though.
    Ok my mistake. Spent some time in Australia and though the weather would be similar.

@Optional brave bet indeed, would have bet Under but BOL anyway.

Mase of Base

Ok my mistake. Spent some time in Australia and though the weather would be similar.

@Optional brave bet indeed, would have bet Under but BOL anyway.
    We're similar to Victoria or Tasmania I guess.

Looking like the All Blacks might keep up with the clock at this stage.

Poisec

We're similar to Victoria or Tasmania I guess.

Looking like the All Blacks might keep up with the clock at this stage.
    Ok I see. I did some laboring jobs in Karratha was tough there in January-March.

Canadians pushing hard to score a try right now.

Optional

I just wanted something to root for.

And as an Aussie it wasn't going to be anything All Blacks

I think Canada has performed better than expected in past RWCs (from memory) so just hoping they have enough heart to keep battling and find the line once.

Poisec

63-0 missed the handicap by 1 try.

Optional

Canucks tried hard until the end I guess.