stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Tonight’s Four NCAA Football Games

There’s actually five games but tonight’s Ivy League game doesn’t count.
    Brown is at Harvard, Harvard is -23.
    Brown shouldn’t be allowed to play football, Harvard is usually atop the Ivy League standings. Want an angle? Harvard had to travel last week a gazillion miles to San Diego, (lost by 8) then had to travel back to Boston for another gazillion miles, so that may be a factor that jet lag. Maybe Brown covers through the back door, but don’t count on it.
    Passing on this one.

Duke at Va. Tech
    Duke -2.5 53 o/u

Gun to head I like home dogs, slight lean Tech for me. No play there.
    Both teams can move the ball, both teams can be scored on.
    Both QB’s are good ACC QB’s (Harris and Willis)
    I like the over here a lot, 31-28 either way type of game.

Penn State at Maryland
    PSU -6.5 61 o/u

I like both Maryland and the under.
    PSU can be had, should have lost to Pitt two weeks ago.
    Maryland looking past Temple two weeks ago towards this game tonight and had a brain fart and lost to an amped up Owl team.
    Both teams play good Big Ten defense, which is why I like the under.
    I really like the home dog, Maryland’s got the 12th man home field advantage.
    Maryland is underrated, I feel PSU is overrated as a top 12 ranked team.
    Under and especially Maryland at home getting 6.5 is the way to go here I think.

San Jose St. at Air Force
    Air Force -19.5 58 o/u

Air Force is really, really good.
    Air Force is top 25 in most categories except the passing offense category.
    That’s because, well Air Force doesn’t throw the ball.
    That doesn’t mean AFU,s QB Hammond can’t pass (he can) but Air Force plays that military academy triple option all run all the time offense. And they are really, really good at that.
    Air Force has three different backs, all three are more than capable, the quarterback Hammond runs often on the option, the feature back RB Remsberg is solid, and they have a real fullback with Birdow who can plow.
    And the Falcon defense is stout. The ball control offense helps the defense out too.
    Only loss was last week at ranked Boise State, and gave them a run for their money.
    AFU prior to that beat Colorado in Colorado which is not easy and that’s considered an in state rivalry, and they stomped Colgate as well.
    SJSU did beat a so so SEC Arkansas team last week down there which made me take
    a little notice but SJSU can’t hang with AFU in this spot. Why? Because SJSU has trouble against the run and like I just said that’s all AFU does, and they are good at it.
    Air Force wins this easy is my opinion. 41-13. Passing on the total.

Arizona State at California.
    California -4 42 o/u

This has the potential to be a really good PAC 12 game.
    Cal is undefeated at 4-0, a legit 15th ranked nationally ranked team, has beaten both ranked Washington and a good SEC Mississippi team, and their defense is rock solid.
    ASU’s defense is solid too which is why the total is only 42.
    ASU is 3-1 their only blemish is a loss to a nationally ranked Michigan State team, and there’s no shame in that.
    I’ve got no opinion in this one but I would not be shocked if Herm Edwards squad upsets Cal outright. ASU +4 I would bet if I had to but I can’t Cal’s defense is too good. If I had to bet I’d bet the under 42 here, but can’t because I don’t like betting under 42’s in college football.

Your pal Nasher top three plays tonight are:

1) Duke/Va. Tech over 53
    2) Air Force-19.5
    3) Maryland +6.5
    Points Awarded:

SBR Drew gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

I was on the fence about Maryland but I bought to +7 and pulled the trigger, screw it.

I'm also playing Air Force... little hesitant to lay a big number with a team who chews up so much clock, but I think they are really sound in most aspects of the game and SJSU is pretty awful, the win over Arkansas was probably an aberration.

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10430

Duke is the underdog

stevenash

^@Eddy
    Good point, I’m not a big fan of laying 3 touchdowns either but couple the fact that AFU is a legit squad and SJSU is not and can’t stop the run I’ll lay the lumber.

The way I see it the only way SJSU covers is if Air Force puts the ball on the ground a few times.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Duke is the underdog
    Va. Tech is indeed the 2.5 home favorite.
    Typo on my part, my bad.
    Good catch fella.(Still like the total and not the side)
    Thanks for checking in with that, I don’t like giving out misinformation.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 374

Alright
    I wasnt going to play the air force game but now i will.
    I think duke wins outright as a dog and penn state covers -6.5

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Arizona St. beat Michigan State and lost the following week at home to Colorado.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Not to take anything away from Cal, but the game in Seattle wasn't your run-of-the-mill game. It featured an hours long delay and a massive loss of fan support for the Huskies. I wouldn't take that win by Cal or loss by Washington too seriously. In my opinion, Ole Miss is garbage. They averaged 15 points versus Memphis and Cal and will be annihilated this weekend in Tuscaloosa.

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Brown shouldn’t be allowed to play football, Harvard is usually atop the Ivy League standings. Want an angle? Harvard had to travel last week a gazillion miles to San Diego, (lost by 8) then had to travel back to Boston for another gazillion miles, so that may be a factor that jet lag. Maybe Brown covers through the back door, but don’t count on it.
    Passing on this one.

Duke at Va. Tech
    Duke -2.5 53 o/u

Penn State at Maryland
    PSU -6.5 61 o/u

Maryland looking past Temple two weeks ago towards this game tonight and had a brain fart and lost to an amped up Owl team.
    Under and especially Maryland at home getting 6.5 is the way to go here I think.

Air Force -19.5 58 o/u

That doesn’t mean AFU,s QB Hammond can’t pass (he can) but Air Force plays that military academy triple option all run all the time offense. And they are really, really good at that.
    Air Force has three different backs, all three are more than capable, the quarterback Hammond runs often on the option, the feature back RB Remsberg is solid, and they have a real fullback with Birdow who can plow.
    And the Falcon defense is stout. The ball control offense helps the defense out too.
    Only loss was last week at ranked Boise State, and gave them a run for their money.
    AFU prior to that beat Colorado in Colorado which is not easy and that’s considered an in state rivalry, and they stomped Colgate as well.
    a little notice but SJSU can’t hang with AFU in this spot. Why? Because SJSU has trouble against the run and like I just said that’s all AFU does, and they are good at it.

California -4 42 o/u

Cal is undefeated at 4-0, a legit 15th ranked nationally ranked team, has beaten both ranked Washington and a good SEC Mississippi team, and their defense is rock solid.
    ASU is 3-1 their only blemish is a loss to a nationally ranked Michigan State team, and there’s no shame in that.
    I’ve got no opinion in this one but I would not be shocked if Herm Edwards squad upsets Cal outright. ASU +4 I would bet if I had to but I can’t Cal’s defense is too good. If I had to bet I’d bet the under 42 here, but can’t because I don’t like betting under 42’s in college football.

1) Duke/Va. Tech over 53
    2) Air Force-19.5
    3) Maryland +6.5
    Great post...thanks for sharing

CommodoresV
    CommodoresV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 690

Decent write up and I can tell some thought went into it, but many flaws. VT QB play is awful. And VT cannot move the ball at all. Duke is much more physical and came ready to play. I hate the home dog argument too - just pick the better team.

CommodoresV
    CommodoresV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 690

Quote Originally Posted by CommodoresV View Post
    Decent write up and I can tell some thought went into it, but many flaws. VT QB play is awful. And VT cannot move the ball at all. Duke is much more physical and came ready to play. I hate the home dog argument too - just pick the better team.
    Sorry - i missed the typo. VT was NOT a home dog.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by CommodoresV View Post
    gtfoh with analysis at 940 pm in the 4th q lol

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Passing on this one.

Duke at Va. Tech
    Duke -2.5 53 o/u

Penn State at Maryland
    PSU -6.5 61 o/u

Air Force -19.5 58 o/u

California -4 42 o/u

1) Duke/Va. Tech over 53
    2) Air Force-19.5
    3) Maryland +6.5
    ASU lost at home to Colorado. ASU beat Sparty @ Sparty

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

2-1 not bad

stevenash

I can’t believe Air Force gifted SJSU that last TD for a brutal backdoor beat.
    AFU wins 41-24, rushes for almost 400 yards and doesn’t cover.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Sjst was in the red zone 4x where they didhf take points and got stuffed, they shoulda damn covered all along so I’m not apologizing!

stevenash

^
    That’s SJSU’s problem, punching it in.
    Oh well it’s stll a backdoor beat, a beat is a beat,

2daBank

^
    That’s SJSU’s problem, punching it in.
    Oh well it’s stll a backdoor beat, a beat is a beat,
    I understand once they got down but not kicking the fgs in the 1st half was fukkin stupid. I def got bailed out by dumb ass not punting but if my dumb ass woulda kicked Fgs i wouldn’t have needed that! Lol.

Just gonna chalk it up as being fortunate for once.

Get the next one pal.

stevenash

^
    There’s like 114 games tomorrow, I got a migraine looking at them all.
    There’s quite a few leans so far.

2daBank

Lol. I feel ya.. think I’m gonna play ncst, maybe UCLA. I’m sure a bunch more but those were 2 dogs that jumped out at me.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Sjst was in the red zone 4x where they didhf take points and got stuffed, they shoulda damn covered all along so I’m not apologizing!
    And AF also fumbled on their own 3 yard line right before halftime. But of course you don't need to apologize. A win is a win.

fecgp40

I can’t believe Air Force gifted SJSU that last TD for a brutal backdoor beat.
    AFU wins 41-24, rushes for almost 400 yards and doesn’t cover.
    Fukking brutal. I'm never on the right side of these. AF my only play tonight. Smh.

fecgp40

^
    There’s like 114 games tomorrow, I got a migraine looking at them all.
    There’s quite a few leans so far.
    I will be playing some classic football powerhouses today like North Texas and Liberty.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    gtfoh with analysis at 940 pm in the 4th q lol