t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The Colts continue to surround Andrew Luck with crap

This team has done nothing but make god awful moves since drafting Luck. They have repeatedly targeted washed up players about to fall off the cliff. I would be willing to bet they will be one of the oldest teams in football next season.

Patching together a roster full of has beens is not the way too build a team around your franchise quarterback for the next 10+ years.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Colts were the worst team in the league when they drafted Luck/

Have there really been any good free agents since Luck has been Indy's quarterback? Not that I can think of, and if they were, they were overpaid just like all free agents are.

Hardly any good players ever hit free agency in their prime. most are just stop gaps until teams can build that position through the draft.

Grigson has shown to be savvy in the fact that he structures contracts to be able to cut guys after the season so as to not cripple to cap.

hence why they have so much cap space now and are making a bit of a splash.

trash post

t-wizzle

Indy has benefited from a weaker AFC in recent years. Despite the appearance of yearly "progression," they haven't been even close to being a legitimate threat.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Indy has benefited from a weaker AFC in recent years. Despite the appearance of yearly "progression," they haven't been even close to being a legitimate threat.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Luck Does not need great players

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Luck Does not need great players

It's not about surrounding him with great players, it's about not surrounding him with 33 year olds.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You can pencil in the indy for 11–5 next year regardless of who is on the team

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You can pencil in the indy for 11–5 next year regardless of who is on the team
    Maybe. Doesn't mean they will win the Super Bowl in what will be Luck's 4th season.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

T-sizz you're just pissed Gore didn't want to go to that cesspool that Chip Kelly is building...face it

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    T-sizz you're just pissed Gore didn't want to go to that cesspool that Chip Kelly is building...face it

I just said that you don't build teams with old washed up players. So why would I be pissed that the Eagles didn't sign a 32 year old running back? Smarten up.

Dirty Sanchez

I just said that you don't build teams with old washed up players. So why would I be pissed that the Eagles didn't sign a 32 year old running back? Smarten up.
    Riiiiiight....Abandon ship....Sanchez and Bradford running a crap offense...best of luck

Dirty Sanchez

Yeah...I'll leave out that Sproles is 32 Einstein

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Yeah...I'll leave out that Sproles is 32 Einstein

What's that have to do with Frank Gore or the Colts in general fukkhead? What are you even trying to say here?

Dirty Sanchez

What's that have to do with Frank Gore or the Colts in general fukkhead? What are you even trying to say here?
    Nothing smart guy...you've got it all figured out...carry on

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Maybe. Doesn't mean they will win the Super Bowl in what will be Luck's 4th season.

lol. yeah it's really bad they haven't been able to put together a team that has won the super bowl in his first 3 seasons. why do you post this nonsense

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post

lol. yeah it's really bad they haven't been able to put together a team that has won the super bowl in his first 3 seasons. why do you post this nonsense

Guys like you can't take it a step further. Try to think a little.

The Colts were a very bad team when they drafted Luck. Rather than start from scratch and build with a young roster, they have continually patched with older players whose best years are well behind them. They can keep patching and as long as they have Luck, they'll be a good team. But that can only get you so far. Eventually, your weaknesses are exploited.

Football is a young man's game and the Colts seem intent to continue going after "names" like Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Ahmad Bradshaw, etc.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Gore can definitely still play. For the length of his contract? maybe, maybe not. But the Colts will be happy with him, I guarantee it.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

It's not about surrounding him with great players, it's about not surrounding him with 33 year olds.
    Reggie Wayne had 106 catches and 1355 yards at 34....no reason whatsoever that Andre Johnson can't come close to that at 34. He's bigger and stronger than Wayne and caught 85 last year with a running team with shit QBs. They'll also get Robert Mathis back this year. It may blow up but they are infinitely better than last year!

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

I don't get why everyone is saying Colts are the bigger winners in free agency. They still haven't fixed any of their major problems. They still have one of the leagues softest front 7's and a bad Oline. Does the GM know that teams are built on defense and on the lines? Andre Johnson is a nice player, but going from Wayne to Johnson isn't going to put them over the top. And Gore is washed up, and won't matter because their Oline can't block or pass pro for shit.

Good job Indi, you added two over the hill skill position players. Should have spent the money elsewhere. Colts are so overrated, they play in the worst division in football. If they were in the NFC West they'd be an 8-8 team.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Over the hill skill players make good headlines to casual fans though.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

The Colts were a very bad team when they drafted Luck. Rather than start from scratch and build with a young roster, they have continually patched with older players whose best years are well behind them. They can keep patching and as long as they have Luck, they'll be a good team. But that can only get you so far. Eventually, your weaknesses are exploited.

Football is a young man's game and the Colts seem intent to continue going after "names" like Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Ahmad Bradshaw, etc.

The only reason the Colts were in position to get Luck was Peyton breaking his neck.They were not a "very bad" team they had 0 offense.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Plenty of Hoosiers will go spend $120 on an Andre Johnson jersey.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Andre Johnson is far from a washed up Player. He had over 3,000 yards receiving in 2012 and 2013 along with well over 200 receptions. Last year the Texans QB situation was a joke.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I don't get why everyone is saying Colts are the bigger winners in free agency. They still haven't fixed any of their major problems. They still have one of the leagues softest front 7's and a bad Oline. Does the GM know that teams are built on defense and on the lines? Andre Johnson is a nice player, but going from Wayne to Johnson isn't going to put them over the top. And Gore is washed up, and won't matter because their Oline can't block or pass pro for shit.

Good job Indi, you added two over the hill skill position players. Should have spent the money elsewhere. Colts are so overrated, they play in the worst division in football. If they were in the NFC West they'd be an 8-8 team.
    They picked up an O-lineman from Philly and DT Langford from the Rams along w/Trent Cole at DE. Plus they get Robert Mathis back. Dallas had the worst D in the NFL in 2013 but a great offense can cover a lot of holes. Its not like the Pats D was dominant. The Colts still have a little free agent $$ and the draft to go as well

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Colts are like a retirement home. They surround Luck with old folks.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

I would rather have Luck with old fukks than Bradford with young dudes. I guess Sanchez knows he will be the starter around week 3 with fragile ass Bradford probably pulling his pu$$y muscle early on

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Seems like a stacked offense, but they will have to build their secondary around Vontae Davis and improve their O-Line.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

You build through the draft and use free agency to fill in the gaps. There are no young free agent studs so what the fuk would you have them do? The draft's 6+ weeks away. You need to "think a little" before making dumbass threads.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

They need a defense not gore and Johnson. Waste of money

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Might as well sign up Deion Sanders and Michael Strachan to play defense and Barry Sanders and Cris Carter to back up Johnson and Gore.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    You build through the draft and use free agency to fill in the gaps. There are no young free agent studs so what the fuk would you have them do? The draft's 6+ weeks away. You need to "think a little" before making dumbass threads.
    if he said the colts were making good moves by getting these old free agents you would have said he is a dumbass for saying that.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

I wouldn't say "crap" but they are buying old guys that are past their prime. I think its the wrong way to build a team but what the fukk do I know?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    if he said the colts were making good moves by getting these old free agents you would have said he is a dumbass for saying that.
    Wrong. The reason it's a dumbass thread is evident in my post. For most of us anyway. They're not building their team with free agents, they're adding to it. Big difference.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Wrong. The reason it's a dumbass thread is evident in my post. For most of us anyway. They're not building their team with free agents, they're adding to it. Big difference.
    Frank Gore to Indianapolis

Contract: Three years, $12 million, $7.5 million guaranteed
    Would our entire opinion of Colts GM Ryan Grigson be different had Vick Ballard just stayed healthy? Grigson found a useful running back in Ballard during 2012, and if Ballard hadn’t torn his ACL early in 2013 and his Achilles in July 2014, the Colts wouldn’t have traded a first-round pick for Trent Richardson and wouldn’t have had to stretch Ahmad Bradshaw in 2013 or 2014.
    Even though Richardson failed miserably and Bradshaw has been a useful player at close to the veteran’s minimum the past two seasons, Grigson doubled down on his running back spending and convinced Gore to leave Philadelphia at the altar. I’ve seen reports that the guaranteed money in this deal is anywhere between $6.5 million and $8.5 million, but in either case, it’s still a staggering sum of money for a running back who is about to enter his age-32 season.
    Just 11 running backs since the merger have carried the ball 200 times in their age-32 season, and they collectively haven’t been very good, averaging 3.8 yards per carry. That club drops to five at age 33, and the only guy to do it since the second Clinton administration was Emmitt Smith. That’s a group that includes four Hall of Famers, and even they could muster only 3.7 yards per carry. Gore can still pass block and his patience as a runner is otherworldly, but his work as a receiver has dwindled to virtually nothing. He doesn’t need to get 200 carries to justify his roster spot, but the Colts won’t return value with this sort of contract unless he does.
    Furthermore, it’s bizarre that Grigson didn’t structure the deal in a way to get the vast majority of the guaranteed money out of the way in 2015, before Andrew Luck’s cap figure skyrockets with his fifth-year option and eventual massive contract extension. Gore’s cap figure will be $4.5 million in 2015 and $4 million in 2016 before a $3.5 million base salary he’s unlikely to see in 2017. Gore might have retired after 2015 if he saw more money in the first year of the deal, but then again, that might have been a feature as opposed to a bug.

bill bidwell article. colts are dumbfukks unless they win the bowl

t-wizzle

Wow. Only this dumbfukk could try to insult me using me own argument. Fukkin idiot is in over his head.

123 Last