HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Question for Soccer Bettors

When keeping your records, and while betting Asian handicap lines, how do you measure a -0.25 line when the result is a tie (0-0 or else)...

Do you count it as half a loser? Meaning you need to lose 2 of those "Half Bets" for your record to go from 0-0-0 to 0-1-0?

Or do you just do 0-1-0 at once and count the loss as half a unit?

I mean, you could do both? I'd like to hear which one you think is accurate for proper record keeping

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

it's all about units anyway no use counting a tie so 0-1 if u lost the wager outright 0-2 since it's 2 half bets but u still only lose 1 unit

HurryUpAndDrink

hmmm, interesting, same deal then if it wins you go 2-0...

thanks pal

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30424

W/L is superficial but the correct way is to just treat it as a half push and half w/l

So in your example, your record would be 0 - 0.5 - 0.5

HurryUpAndDrink

Hmmm I like that better cause the way CincyKid says, record can get inflated quickly and not reflect so on the units

It could get to 10-3-3 and you could be only +3u

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    When keeping your records, and while betting Asian handicap lines, how do you measure a -0.25 line when the result is a tie (0-0 or else)...

Do you count it as half a loser? Meaning you need to lose 2 of those "Half Bets" for your record to go from 0-0-0 to 0-1-0?

Or do you just do 0-1-0 at once and count the loss as half a unit?

I mean, you could do both? I'd like to hear which one you think is accurate for proper record keeping

Highlighted

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    it's all about units anyway no use counting a tie so 0-1 if u lost the wager outright 0-2 since it's 2 half bets but u still only lose 1 unit

No offense, but this makes no sense. In the OP's scenario it's a half unit loss. If 1 unit = $100, a 1 unit bet would result in $50 loss and $50 push (money back).

Edit: see asiagambler answered already. For simplicity just keep track of units up/down. In this case you're -0.5 units. W/L is meaningless.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    Hmmm I like that better cause the way CincyKid says, record can get inflated quickly and not reflect so on the units

It could get to 10-3-3 and you could be only +3u
    yup he's right i'm wrong wasn't thinking cleary