BeYourself
    BeYourself's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Sharps,line movements...and other mythical beings.EDUCATE yourself

Cheers,fellow degens and other semi-normal population

Almost every day you hear and read about sharps.Nobody seen,touched or smelled them,but they are the most talked category of bettors in our business.Fenomena....the Boogieman you tell your kids about...Our degen imagination is painting them as a guy driving a corvette,dressed in custom made black suit,smoking cigar and having a silicone bimbo right beside him on front passenger seat.Classic image from movies about Italian mafia.

So,few years ago I had a conversation with former bookie owner about sharps.The guy was laughing...He said before we continue I should ask myself 3 simple questions:

1.So-called Sharp,how much money is he making per year?Lets say,at least,a million.To make a million how many relatively small bets or few large ones he needs to make?!!!"He will get noticed,one way or another",-my friend said...And thats where his downhill will start.

2.From book owner perspective.You notice that guy is successful.With time you will limit him or find some other ways not to take a bet from him.So-called sharp will run out of books in a year or two.

3.Do you know how hard it is mentally,emotionally and psychologically to bet large amounts??!!!Its almost impossible for your psyche to bet large amounts for an extended period of time. Movie "Two for the money" is a classic example of this.

And remember...Sharps can not bet with underground bookies,because they will limit you some other way...you know which one...

"And line movement...",- he said,-"to move a line can anything,but sharps,because they dont exist..."

So,whos making large amount bets:

-Rich people or businessmen ,like athletes,that bet for excitement;
    -people from Middle East and Asia,-for fun as well;
    -real degens that sell their homes and property in hopes of making profit.

So,what do we have?We have no sharps,but highly skilled,well organized and psychologically prepared bettors that can make between 100-300 grand clear profit at the end of the year To stay under radar and have long,so-called career.This group of bettors bookies fear the most,and not some imaginary sharps.

Don't believe me?look around and see,how many profitable bettors you know,let alone sharps...

Cheers,be yourself,believe in yourself and educate yourself.Do not let some boogieman influence your opinion and you will be just fine...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Majority of line movements are arbers moving the line

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

Quote Originally Posted by BeYourself View Post
    Cheers,fellow degens and other semi-normal population

Almost every day you hear and read about sharps.Nobody seen,touched or smelled them,but they are the most talked category of bettors in our business.Fenomena....the Boogieman you tell your kids about...Our degen imagination is painting them as a guy driving a corvette,dressed in custom made black suit,smoking cigar and having a silicone bimbo right beside him on front passenger seat.Classic image from movies about Italian mafia.

So,few years ago I had a conversation with former bookie owner about sharps.The guy was laughing...He said before we continue I should ask myself 3 simple questions:

1.So-called Sharp,how much money is he making per year?Lets say,at least,a million.To make a million how many relatively small bets or few large ones he needs to make?!!!"He will get noticed,one way or another",-my friend said...And thats where his downhill will start.

2.From book owner perspective.You notice that guy is successful.With time you will limit him or find some other ways not to take a bet from him.So-called sharp will run out of books in a year or two.

3.Do you know how hard it is mentally,emotionally and psychologically to bet large amounts??!!!Its almost impossible for your psyche to bet large amounts for an extended period of time. Movie "Two for the money" is a classic example of this.

And remember...Sharps can not bet with underground bookies,because they will limit you some other way...you know which one...

"And line movement...",- he said,-"to move a line can anything,but sharps,because they dont exist..."

So,whos making large amount bets:

-Rich people or businessmen ,like athletes,that bet for excitement;
    -people from Middle East and Asia,-for fun as well;
    -real degens that sell their homes and property in hopes of making profit.

So,what do we have?We have no sharps,but highly skilled,well organized and psychologically prepared bettors that can make between 100-300 grand clear profit at the end of the year To stay under radar and have long,so-called career.This group of bettors bookies fear the most,and not some imaginary sharps.

Don't believe me?look around and see,how many profitable bettors you know,let alone sharps...

Cheers,be yourself,believe in yourself and educate yourself.Do not let some boogieman influence your opinion and you will be just fine...
    Summertime SBR at it's finest.

you just wasted countless minutes writing up that post and it all means nothing. you have no clue and nor do your made up pals.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

Saloon

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

When i was betting for a living I would get my bet in at one book and always cash at another. There are plenty of sharps. I know at least 3, 2 of which make over 500k (one of them in horses of all things) and you wouldn't know these guys at all from looking at them and how they dress.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    When i was betting for a living I would get my bet in at one book and always cash at another. There are plenty of sharps. I know at least 3, 2 of which make over 500k (one of them in horses of all things) and you wouldn't know these guys at all from looking at them and how they dress.
    That's cause they are gamblers. If they wanted to dress nice they would use their brains for Wall Street

TenPointMatt
    TenPointMatt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

rofl

MrExcellence
    MrExcellence's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Sharps do exist They recognize value. And maximize the opportunity