2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by The J-Dizzle View Post
    Even though we can't measure motivation, that's not a good way to cap the game. You're assuming one team doesn't have motivation. This is week 1 we're talking about, not week 17. Don't you think a rookie like Dwayne Haskins would be SUPER motivated for his first NFL game? And do you really think the Redskins coaching staff and players are sitting in their rooms thinking about how likely or not they are of winning the game? Hell no! They are game planning to win like everyone else, and with the way they were starting last season, don't you think that they are thinking about having the same kind of start this year?! I think the Redskins are confident when looking in the rearview mirror, starting off 7-2 last year. Also, it's a divisional matchup in the NFC East, motivation is there.
    I think Philly kicks their butts but I def agree with you here. Every team motivated to win.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Chargers -3
    Miami +5
    Browns -5.5
    Pats -6
    Saints -6

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I would go for the ATL except that Zimmer is 17-2 ATS as a HF vs non Divisional teams.
    most of that probably prior to cousins. i remember him stinking it up at home to buffalo last year.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Chargers -3
    Miami +5
    Browns -5.5
    Pats -6
    Saints -6
    Lot of chalk buddy!!

Think i mentioned if fish starting units show any signs of life in preseason I’ll def be taking the points w them. Not a fan of what balty got going on, used to be I trusted that organization to bring in key contributors but not so much anymore and no way I buy Lamar as a starting nfl qb.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Check it out you fat bitch. Season don’t start for month and a half, unlike you I don’t pretend to know things when I don’t. That is fukkin stupid fat boy, asking a question is not. One day you gonna crawl out your moms basement w that fat disrespectful mouth and get the ass whipping you deserve you faggit wanna be somebody but will never be shit. You the biggest fraud clown on this site, I’m so sick of checking you and making you look stupid, stop wasting my time pretend ass bitch.

And it not the rams new home, they sharing it dumb fukk.
    First of all, it IS the RAMS new home. Their owner owns the stadium and surrounding buildings. Just because that s**thole of a city (St. Louis) could not keep them does not mean that they are any the worse off amnd have to "share" a stadium. The Chargers are paying to use it. Next, if you are dumb enough to think that you can whip my as, bring it on. You will be lucky to survive. I have taken arseholes like you out before and I would not hesitate to do it again. Fly your broke arse to the San Diego Airport f**k up. You are such a Mortadella.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Lots of live dogs. A few easy favorites. Seems like an easy card week 1
    it seems like that for 17 weeks of the season. always feels great at 1230 when you get your bets in. thats how they get ya.

2daBank

First of all, it IS the RAMS new home. Their owner owns the stadium and surrounding buildings. Just because that s**thole of a city (St. Louis) could not keep them does not mean that they are any the worse off amnd have to "share" a stadium. The Chargers are paying to use it. Next, if you are dumb enough to think that you can whip my as, bring it on. You will be lucky to survive. I have taken arseholes like you out before and I would not hesitate to do it again. Fly your broke arse to the San Diego Airport f**k up. You are such a Mortadella.
    Here we go with the biggest fraud on the site, the guy everyone laughs at, playin imagination time again about how tough he is, almost as funny as when you pretend to be sharp. All you really are is a fat clown.

Sorry piece of shit can’t post in any thread without being a disrespectful bitch and/or saying how everyone else here is losers except for himself who always a “big winner” (funny I didn’t see your name nowhere near mine in last years BTP contest!! Wonder why?).

Try acting like a decent human being every now and again, what you been doing clearly doesn’t work.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    it seems like that for 17 weeks of the season. always feels great at 1230 when you get your bets in. thats how they get ya.
    Lol, no shit. Never easy. The easier it looks the harder it usually is., that Philly/Seattle teaser looks real easy!! Lol.

I often think week 2 is “easy” but thing is you have to be willing to take teams that looked awful week 1 and/or against teams who looked great, that is not a easy thing to do!! Week 2 is the ultimate perception week tho!

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Lol, no shit. Never easy. The easier it looks the harder it usually is., that Philly/Seattle teaser looks real easy!! Lol.

I often think week 2 is “easy” but thing is you have to be willing to take teams that looked awful week 1 and/or against teams who looked great, that is not a easy thing to do!! Week 2 is the ultimate perception week tho!

you got me sold on the fish. always been a sept. home game believer in that team. shocked line is that big.

skoalclasic
    skoalclasic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4723

imagine thinking a team is going to over look a team in week one.. I still can't wrap my head around that comment.

2daBank

you got me sold on the fish. always been a sept. home game believer in that team. shocked line is that big.
    Nobody enjoys going to play in mia the 1st half of the season. Seems like no matter how bad they get outplayed early teams generally wear down in the heat and game ends up close. I can’t go betting it already, gotta see what they look like a little bit, 5 a dead number anyways so no real rush. I couldn’t see myself laying 5 against them at home vs many (if any teams) early on. Damn sure not w a Ravens team I think is heading downhill.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I think the Lions Cardinals game is the main game.....

Lions suck on the Road.... since the beginning of time....

Cardinals have Kingsbury..... first game.... will he be nervous?

I think a lot of Sharps will think they have an angle on this one.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Lol exactly

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

I think Philly kicks their butts but I def agree with you here. Every team motivated to win.
    Yes, I also think Eagles have a strong case to go far this year. I was only talking about the way he capped the game, and making a case that the other team is also probably 100% motivated as well. Professional athletes, fighting for their jobs, not being motivated... Everything to fit your own narrative. Eagles might/probably win, but it won't be because of motivation.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Keep an eye on Giants +7.5 the Cowboys laying too many points

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Laker relax

Have you ever heard of the word injury?

You’ve taken a lot of hits lately financially let’s worry about tonight’s baseball game
    Looks like people are interested. You were wrong again.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Browns laying -5.5 lol... just outta principle you gotta consider titans +5.5/6

Colts getting a FG at LAC looks nice

Lions always struggle at AZ... new coach/qb combo should make training camp & preseason interesting at Arizona

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even though we can't measure motivation, that's not a good way to cap the game. You're assuming one team doesn't have motivation. This is week 1 we're talking about, not week 17. Don't you think a rookie like Dwayne Haskins would be SUPER motivated for his first NFL game? And do you really think the Redskins coaching staff and players are sitting in their rooms thinking about how likely or not they are of winning the game? Hell no! They are game planning to win like everyone else, and with the way they were starting last season, don't you think that they are thinking about having the same kind of start this year?! I think the Redskins are confident when looking in the rearview mirror, starting off 7-2 last year. Also, it's a divisional matchup in the NFC East, motivation is there.
    The Redskins 7-2 start last year was a joke, all they did was run the ball and win close games, even if Smith stayed healthy they were done. Motivation is not equal. Teams in their home openers coming off bad seasons will bring extra motivation. Nobody wants to lose their home opener, losing your opening game on the road is no big deal for most teams. I'm obviously not saying the Redskins won't be motivated, I do cap home openers knowing the home team will bring some extra motivation, and I've done very well capping the opening week of the NFL for a long time.

I have multiple angles for this game. Eagles have a very strong defensive line, Redskins are going to depend on the running game early since they will likely start a rookie, and the Eagles should be able to take away his running game early. Redskins front 7 is strong with all the Bama boys but their secondary is trash Norman sucks, Eagles receivers will have big advantages. This looks like a lost season for Washington, at some point they will likely tank for a new quarterback, haskins isn't the answer and Smith is likely done. Gruden didn't even ant Haskins, Snyder stepped in.

thomorino

In the NFL starting the season 0-2 basically means your season is over for most teams, teams at home week 1 will play with more motivation than teams on the road, its a a must win for teams with a tough week 2 road game like PHiladelphia at Atlanta week 2.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

most of that probably prior to cousins. i remember him stinking it up at home to buffalo last year.
    Buffalo is in the AFC. The statement I clearly made was his record as a favorite against Non-Divisional teams, NOT Non-Conferene teams. Last season he covered against San Francisco and Arizona. He was a dog against the Saints. 2-0.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Buffalo is in the AFC. The statement I clearly made was his record as a favorite against Non-Divisional teams, NOT Non-Conferene teams. Last season he covered against San Francisco and Arizona. He was a dog against the Saints. 2-0.
    non divisional includes non conference. that is very clear. your statement, not so much.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

GBP +3.5
    ATL +4
    WAS +8
    TEN+5.5
    LAR-3
    SEA -8
    IND +3

I guarantee at least one of those wins
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave gauchojake 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The J-Dizzle gave gauchojake 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The J-Dizzle

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The Redskins 7-2 start last year was a joke, all they did was run the ball and win close games, even if Smith stayed healthy they were done. Motivation is not equal. Teams in their home openers coming off bad seasons will bring extra motivation. Nobody wants to lose their home opener, losing your opening game on the road is no big deal for most teams. I'm obviously not saying the Redskins won't be motivated, I do cap home openers knowing the home team will bring some extra motivation, and I've done very well capping the opening week of the NFL for a long time.

I have multiple angles for this game. Eagles have a very strong defensive line, Redskins are going to depend on the running game early since they will likely start a rookie, and the Eagles should be able to take away his running game early. Redskins front 7 is strong with all the Bama boys but their secondary is trash Norman sucks, Eagles receivers will have big advantages. This looks like a lost season for Washington, at some point they will likely tank for a new quarterback, haskins isn't the answer and Smith is likely done. Gruden didn't even ant Haskins, Snyder stepped in.
    Finally, you give me something. Thank you.

Yes, their 7-2 start might not be valid, but they don't care that you think that. 7-2 is still 7-2, no matter how you got there. They will be motivated. This is week 1, and you still only look at what fits your "narrative". For example, the home team doesn't want to lose their home opener. Sure, absolutely. But that doesn't mean that the away team wants to lose. This is perhaps the game that the coaches and players prepare the most for since they have all offseason to do so. They will bring their A-game since it's week 1 and it's a division rival. Don't think anything else. Bring up the home-field advantage instead of motivation, if you so will. You can't ASSUME one team has more motivation than the other in week 1 when every team thinks they are a SB contender. If what you think is true, then you should bet every home team in week 1...

The best thing you said is that Redskins probably is going to rely on their running game. Which is a bad thing, not only since Eagles are great against the run, but it's not as valuable as the passing game. Keep in mind though, Redskins O-line is pretty decent.
    Even though Haskins isn't the answer (we don't know that yet), he might be an upgrade in the passing game over Smith (which wouldn't be very hard), which would be valuable for the Skins.

The J-Dizzle

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    In the NFL starting the season 0-2 basically means your season is over for most teams, teams at home week 1 will play with more motivation than teams on the road, its a a must win for teams with a tough week 2 road game like PHiladelphia at Atlanta week 2.
    Do the road teams in week 1 want to start 0-2?

The J-Dizzle

But hey Thomorino, I don't want to be rude, I like you. I just don't think that ASSUMING that one team is more motivated in week 1 is reaching quite a bit. And you really don't know anything about it. Redskins players might be more motivated. I could make it fit into a narrative.
    Talk about motivation later in the season, week 17 especially.

In week 1 I first look for public perception instead of motivation.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

The Redskins did not start 7-2, more like 5-2.
    Points Awarded:

The J-Dizzle gave rm18 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

2daBank

Yes, I also think Eagles have a strong case to go far this year. I was only talking about the way he capped the game, and making a case that the other team is also probably 100% motivated as well. Professional athletes, fighting for their jobs, not being motivated... Everything to fit your own narrative. Eagles might/probably win, but it won't be because of motivation.
    It’s best to pretty much ignore him, still blabbering about how some teams more motivated than others in week 1. Lmfao

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    GBP +3.5
    ATL +4
    WAS +8
    TEN+5.5
    LAR-3
    SEA -8
    IND +3

I guarantee at least one of those wins
    I’d be so bold as to say it a lock you get at least 2!! Maybe even 3! Lol

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Lot of chalk buddy!!

Think i mentioned if fish starting units show any signs of life in preseason I’ll def be taking the points w them. Not a fan of what balty got going on, used to be I trusted that organization to bring in key contributors but not so much anymore and no way I buy Lamar as a starting nfl qb.
    Miami has a big advantage early in the year in that heat down there

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Miami has a big advantage early in the year in that heat down there
    For sure.

thomorino

It’s best to pretty much ignore him, still blabbering about how some teams more motivated than others in week 1. Lmfao
    Fuk off

thomorino

Not that I care about 2dabank's usual stupid analysis, dumb shit still thoight Garret was calling plays. Miami's home advantage is garbage, they don't have the offense to take advantage of the heat and wear teams down and everyone knows the team will suck, maimi has been one of the easiest places to play for a long time. Dumb analysis and Ravens offense will be much different this year, they aren't stupid, they'll change. And open things up after the playoff loss.The extra time to prepare benefits the better coaching staff, Ravens are far better coached.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Anyone planning on taking multiple dog MLs week 1?

thomorino

The problem with thinking miami has some real home advantage is they don't have the offense to take advantage of the heat and wear teams down, Ravens defense should be able to win this game without much from the offense, Thomas is a huge uprade over weddle and Ravens defensive line is very strong. Miami likely won't be able to move the ball, which means the heat is worthless and may even hurt them against the Ravens offense which has a strong running game.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Anyone planning on taking multiple dog MLs week 1?
    I'll probably take most of the ML dogs that I posted the spreads on. I'm sure lakerboy will be in for a few.

First 1234 Last