JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Really miss the world cup. That shit got me fired up. Apparently they were too many whiners complaining so it was nixed. Very unfortunate as a few small changes could of perfected the format.

Is this a 6 max/1k format like last time?

LOL Sadly all some people can do is "whine" about something they don't like on here! My personal favorite is

when somebody makes a hypocritical post where they whine about what they think is somebody else whining! LOL

But the whining is RELENTLESS on here! LOL People Whine about somebody using the edit button!... They Whine

about somebody's post being "too long"... They Whine about babywaves running the timer all the way down!..

Then they whine about babywaves betting everything but one chip!,They whine that they didn't like what

somebody posted in the poker chat! LOL I was playing golf, but I heard they didn't even allow chat from the rail

at the last final money tournament! Probably because some people had whined about posts in poker chat!

Some people even find something to whine about on these great free contests offered by SBR!

Somebody (I won't mention who, so they won't whine at me! LOL) whined about the fact that Sam9Ball might

not alternate his play in all 3 of the time slots! (3pm, 8pm, 11pm) LOL So therefore this guy said it would be

"annoying" that he might not get an "equal chance" to knock Sam9ball out and get 200 measly bet points! OMG! LOL

Can you just imagine some of the stuff that people whine about on here to Dr. Drew and the other Mods? LOL

They probably have a bottle of xanax right by their computers!
    Last edited by JoeCool20; 07-03-19 at 03:49 PM.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    poor bobby waves will never cash again in these short formats
    Then please explain how Waves obtained these poker rolls chump. Especially the 1st place one won, pun intended:

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool20 View Post
    Somebody (I won't mention who, so they won't whine at me! LOL) whined about the fact that Sam9Ball might not alternate his play in all 3 of the time slots! (3pm, 8pm, 11pm) LOL So therefore this guy was "annoyed" that he might not get an "equal chance" to knock Sam9ball out and get 200 measly bet points! LOL
    Since you're too much of a pu$$y to mention ArunSh's name, I'll have to do it.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

we need to have a world cup for sure; don't forget to leave room for it, Drew.....

it's what really helps the camaraderie around here.....

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51473

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    we need to have a world cup for sure; don't forget to leave room for it, Drew.....

it's what really helps the camaraderie around here.....

The World Cup was pretty good I agree - particularly the format of the Finals. I do think the qualifying format needed a bit of tweaking and even that didn't need to wildly change. The issue of it being harder for US players to qualify than non-US even wasn't necessarily a tremendous problem (granted in the way it was done it was too extreme of a difference imo).

The real problem in my view was allowing players from certain areas to qualify by cashing only once or twice over a several month span. If the goal was to encourage people to play more often, driving more action there and in the cash games, indirectly encouraging some folks to only play a few times via allowing them to qualify in that manner was totally in contrast to what I assume SBR's goals are.

So if that were fixed I personally would not mind the World Cup at all.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47533

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    The World Cup was pretty good I agree - particularly the format of the Finals. I do think the qualifying format needed a bit of tweaking and even that didn't need to wildly change. The issue of it being harder for US players to qualify than non-US even wasn't necessarily a tremendous problem (granted in the way it was done it was too extreme of a difference imo).

The real problem in my view was allowing players from certain areas to qualify by cashing only once or twice over a several month span. If the goal was to encourage people to play more often, driving more action there and in the cash games, indirectly encouraging some folks to only play a few times via allowing them to qualify in that manner was totally in contrast to what I assume SBR's goals are.

So if that were fixed I personally would not mind the World Cup at all.
    I agree that Canada and North America should be wrapped into 3 teams and world one.

So USA/confess/North America and world

JoeCool20

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Since you're too much of a pu$$y to mention ArunSh's name, I'll have to do it.

LOL I was trying to be respectful.

I've already told you babywaves, unlike you, I don't make "bashing" posts on here to annoy people for no reason!

But I will admit, It made me feel great to see his post because I realized that it ain't just me that "annoys" him!

The poor dude is liable to get "annoyed" at any old damn thing! I feel terrible for people with hard cases of OCD.

They rarely let themselves be happy because they are too busy letting things annoy them!

It's a tough way to live when everything is "annoying" or gets on your nerves that doesn't go exactly like you want it to!

Because A LOT of life doesn't go like you want it to!
    Last edited by JoeCool20; 07-03-19 at 10:29 PM.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Joe, if u qualify Top24...I'll throw u 300pts. Just to make it fun! Good luck, pal!

JoeCool20

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Joe, if u qualify Top24...I'll throw u 300pts. Just to make it fun! Good luck, pal!

LOL Wow thanks goat! I'm going to try just like I always do! My luck has been horrendous this week,
    so maybe I will get some cards and luck starting next week! Like I say, I personally think it will be boring as
    hell in the poker chat box, because I won't be posting my infamous play by play! LOL Why? because a few
    people took me serious and whined about it because they can't read and comprehend my 500 posts where I
    plainly said that I was just joking around and having fun with my poker chat posts! LOL People on here
    just don't know me! Or they'd know that I have a lucky life and ALL I do is laugh and cut up and joke around!

I once told this girl: "If you ever don't know how to react to something I said, just laugh and you'll be right!"

Oh well. All I can say is I SWEAR if I EVER luck in a 10% shot or a 2 outer on the river, the WHOLE DAMN FORUM
    could start posting in the poker chat box: "LOL OMG He donked a 2 outer on the river!" and that would be
    absolutely hilarious to me! LOL How the hell could anybody NOT think both the donk and the comment was hilarious?!!
    I'm sitting here literally laughing out loud about it right now!

Oh well, all I'm trying to do is have fun on here. I wish all the others on here were as happy
    and "jokey" as I am! But some of them aren't! I just have to learn to deal with the fact that some of these
    people on here are going to do NOTHING but troll me with rude and childish comments!
    Last edited by JoeCool20; 07-04-19 at 01:46 AM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If they bring the World Cup back I will not renew my Pro membership. It's the tipping point for me.

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    If they bring the World Cup back I will not renew my Pro membership. It's the tipping point for me.
    Even with a tweaked format mentioned above?

JoeCool20

Quote Originally Posted by OVAKUL View Post
    Somebody already opined as to why they stopped the world cup! Too many people whining instead of enjoying it!

"Really miss the world cup. That shit got me fired up. Apparently they were too many whiners complaining so it was nixed. "

Who said they would "tweak" the format because one person said they didn't like it? They can't just "tweak"

things that easily because then somebody else would whine/complain & say they didn't like the NEW format!

SBR will never be able to please everyone! Like it was explained when people complained about the 11 pm

tourney getting knocked off line in the last free money tourney. The 11 pm participants wanted a "make up tourney"

because the people at 3pm and 8 pm would have one extra shot at scoring points towards the top 18 finishers.

There was no "make up tourney" because this is not the WSOP, this is all for fun and FREE money!

People need to have fun and enjoy these great events that SBR puts on and stop whining and complaining
    about what all they don't like about chances at free money!
    Last edited by JoeCool20; 07-04-19 at 04:32 PM.

JoeCool20

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    Better off playing in Tony's $500 Freeroll every Sunday. This requires too much effort for the reward. Should change it to a go fish tournament or War.
    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Drew View Post
    Too bad you cant see the good in all the things we are doing here at SBR. If you prefer to not participate its simply better chances for others.

LOL See what I mean? SBR ain't gonna change it to "Go fish" because somebody whined about a chance at free money!

I had a little chat with Dr. Drew last week and his points were totally made! The main one was "You are making money

on this site, try to be "cool" and enjoy it and have fun!" Now THAT is something that we can all heed!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

LOL Sadly all some people can do is "whine" about something they don't like on here! My personal favorite is

when somebody makes a hypocritical post where they whine about what they think is somebody else whining! LOL

But the whining is RELENTLESS on here! LOL People Whine about somebody using the edit button!... They Whine

about somebody's post being "too long"... They Whine about babywaves running the timer all the way down!..

Then they whine about babywaves betting everything but one chip!,They whine that they didn't like what

somebody posted in the poker chat! LOL I was playing golf, but I heard they didn't even allow chat from the rail

at the last final money tournament! Probably because some people had whined about posts in poker chat!

Some people even find something to whine about on these great free contests offered by SBR!

Somebody (I won't mention who, so they won't whine at me! LOL) whined about the fact that Sam9Ball might

not alternate his play in all 3 of the time slots! (3pm, 8pm, 11pm) LOL So therefore this guy said it would be

"annoying" that he might not get an "equal chance" to knock Sam9ball out and get 200 measly bet points! OMG! LOL

Can you just imagine some of the stuff that people whine about on here to Dr. Drew and the other Mods? LOL

They probably have a bottle of xanax right by their computers!
    You ain’t wrong. Some people just can’t enjoy anything, and always feel like they’re entitled to more. It’s weak minded garbage.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I love that SBR and Drew are mixing things up. I have been very busy at work and having such a great year travelling so far so I have not been able to participate as much as I would like. I won't be able to play in this championship as I will be in Italy . (nah nah nah) but I wish everybody (except for Sam of course... :-) the best!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: franklee168, Optional, and TheMoneyShot

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    I love that SBR and Drew are mixing things up. I have been very busy at work and having such a great year travelling so far so I have not been able to participate as much as I would like. I won't be able to play in this championship as I will be in Italy . (nah nah nah) but I wish everybody (except for Sam of course... :-) the best!
    So sad you can’t play because you are in Italy.

Bragger!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by OVAKUL View Post
    It's a waste of time for 4 months playing in it to qualify. Then out of the top 100 players at SBR in terms of skill 85 are from the US but the US only gets 50% of the seats in the final.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    So sad you can’t play because you are in Italy.

Bragger!
    LOL, ya it was a not so subtle brag! :-)

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post

LOL, ya it was a not so subtle brag! :-)
    LOL, you got in before me.

Enjoy your trip mate.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99

thechaoz

Compared to the shit they have been putting out?

Care to elaborate?

thechaoz

Somebody already opined as to why they stopped the world cup! Too many people whining instead of enjoying it!

"Really miss the world cup. That shit got me fired up. Apparently they were too many whiners complaining so it was nixed. "

Who said they would "tweak" the format because one person said they didn't like it? They can't just "tweak"

things that easily because then somebody else would whine/complain & say they didn't like the NEW format!

SBR will never be able to please everyone! Like it was explained when people complained about the 11 pm

tourney getting knocked off line in the last free money tourney. The 11 pm participants wanted a "make up tourney"

because the people at 3pm and 8 pm would have one extra shot at scoring points towards the top 18 finishers.

There was no "make up tourney" because this is not the WSOP, this is all for fun and FREE money!

People need to have fun and enjoy these great events that SBR puts on and stop whining and complaining
    about what all they don't like about chances at free money!
    My reference to tweaking the format was that one of the mods in another thread, and I don't care to even try to find it, mentioned certain sticking points that cause them to not renew the world cup. They were definitely easily fixed

Second, we pay real money to be pros on the site, and by our traffic and posting on SBR also profits from the contest and sponsorships, and also the advertising dollars from ads being posted on the site and/ or clicking links to sponsors and depositing on books

This crap that's it's "free" is bullshit.

We wouldn't be on here if they didn't have these promos, they make a lot of money from these promos, and we pay real hard cash to be pros on the site and provide our patronage, which gives them advertising dollars and contest promo Dollars.

I've basically play SBR poker since its inception, and I've been so bored lately I don't even log on or try anymore, I'm so bored I don't even try to do my rollovers.

Afer them letting rip off our entire league and letting Astro cash out and take all our money and get Bitcoin (they had an entire year to fix this btw), I will not be renewing in September.

It's been real. Enjoy your 8 weeks of play for the hope of winning $500 dollars which isn't even my payment for my Vette.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

My reference to tweaking the format was that one of the mods in another thread, and I don't care to even try to find it, mentioned certain sticking points that cause them to not renew the world cup. They were definitely easily fixed

Second, we pay real money to be pros on the site, and by our traffic and posting on SBR also profits from the contest and sponsorships, and also the advertising dollars from ads being posted on the site and/ or clicking links to sponsors and depositing on books

We wouldn't be on here if they didn't have these promos, they make a lot of money from these promos, and we pay real hard cash to be pros on the site and provide our patronage, which gives them advertising dollars and contest promo Dollars.

I've basically play SBR poker since its inception, and I've been so bored lately I don't even log on or try anymore, I'm so bored I don't even try to do my rollovers.

Afer them letting rip off our entire league and letting Astro cash out and take all our money and get Bitcoin (they had an entire year to fix this btw), I will not be renewing in September.

It's been real. Enjoy your 8 weeks of play for the hope of winning $500 dollars which isn't even my payment for my Vette.
    u know u are renewing to play in the fantasy football leagues

thechaoz

u know u are renewing to play in the fantasy football leagues
    I'm actually not, Astro

How many times has your trailer park trash girl cheated on you, and you brought her back.

Double or single wide?
    Last edited by thechaoz; 07-06-19 at 12:47 AM.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

I'm actually not, Astro

How many times has your trailer park trash girl cheated on you, and you brought her back.

Double or single wide?

good lucks
    Last edited by cincinnatikid513; 07-06-19 at 02:42 AM.

JoeCool20

Well I didn't even mean you were the one that suggested any "tweaks" bro. I'm sorry bout that mix up.

But all your points in your reply-post are good and valid points if you ask me! One time I posted that I "paid" $100

to be a pro and some goofball nit-wit said "Nuh-uh, it's a $100 donation to charity." LOL

Yes, it is for a good cause, but no matter what, The $100 is money out out of our own pockets!

But then all the chances at "free" money don't cost anything else but time! I would hope that every Pro

on here has made MORE than their $100 back in a year with all the chances at free money! I know I have!

I will "enjoy" the 8 weeks for a chance to win a "free" $500! (My only "tweak" that I wish for is that they wouldn't

make the final cash tourney at 5 pm on a SAT!! As you said, we will have already invested/wasted 100 hours

in the weekday qualifiers! Why make us also invest/waste a whole Saturday in the middle of the summer?)

But yeah it is a lot of time for only a shot at the MAX win of $500!

I missed the last tourney by one spot and got "ill" about it, so then I played around with my stocks and made
    about $1800 in 30 minutes. It'll be fine with me if that happens again! LOL
    Last edited by JoeCool20; 07-06-19 at 09:59 PM.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Too bad you cant see the good in all the tings we are doing here at SBR. If you prefer to not participate its simply better chances for others.

Well played Drew. Let’s see what tourney he’s in on Monday

thechaoz

I'm actually not, Astro

Double or single wide?

good lucks
    exactly. Your reponse seems to indicate some sort of knowledge or past experience with my "behavior", not some guy that joined from the same exact are mere days after Astro was notice to be running off with everyone points. We have no relationship, have never talked/talked shit or communicated anyway.

Yet for some reason you are so certain I will be renewing for fantasy leagues? Interesting. The same one you ran off with the points in ?

Well I didn't even mean you were the one that suggested any "tweaks" bro. I'm sorry bout that mix up.

But all your points in your reply-post are good and valid points if you ask me! One time I posted that I "paid" $100

to be a pro and some goofball nit-wit said "Nuh-uh, it's a $100 donation to charity." LOL

Yes, it is for a good cause, but no matter what, The $100 is money out out of our own pockets!

But then all the chances at "free" money don't cost anything else but time! I would hope that every Pro

on here has made MORE than their $100 back in a year with all the chances at free money! I know I have!

I will "enjoy" the 8 weeks for a chance to win a "free" $500! (My only "tweak" that I wish for is that they wouldn't

make the final cash tourney at 5 pm on a SAT!! As you said, we will have already invested/wasted 100 hours

in the weekday qualifiers! Why make us also invest/waste a whole Saturday in the middle of the summer?)

But yeah it is a lot of time for only a shot at the MAX win of $500!

I missed the last tourney by one spot and got "ill" about it, so then I played around with my stocks and made
    about $1800 in 30 minutes. It'll be fine with me if that happens again! LOL
    I'm not complaining at all. Just stating the World cup was awesome, I've never seen so much back and forth on any poker event (by far), and the coming together and finals format was awesome.

I have no idea what the complaints are. As I said we could tweak the regions and teams 3 N America/1 world to balance it out.

Pavvy said it's a deal breaker and I have no idea why, he didn't elaborate.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

will check it out. 8pm pacific sounds like the one for me!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

let the games begin

i like the 6 max 1000 chips, but i do think a variation each time would be good

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

i cannot fukkin wait

i hope to play most of these

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Good Luck to all!! Sam will be playing in the early gsme thisd morning...

sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

Good Luck to all!! Sam will be playing in the early gsme thisd morning...

Shhhhh don't give them any tips

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Quote Originally Posted by sam9ball View Post
    Shhhhh don't give them any tips
    8 players registered so far. Not one of them is sam9ball

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    i cannot fukkin wait

i hope to play most of these
    Same here but I think it's going to be like all the fat chicks at public or college gym in early January.

I'll hit it early every day with the new resolution, but a couple weeks down the line participation dwindles.

See you at the final table Rudy.

First 1234 Last