dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

NBA is a clownshow

Players teaming up to play with eachother like middle school lunchroom table cliques

Purduekev
    Purduekev's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

And the Space Alien Commissioner who puts his head in the sand and thinks this kind of feces makes his league better. These smaller market team's attendance figures have to be eroding. They only draw for them is when the All-Star teams show up to play in the regular season. Way too much power being given to the elite players to form these alliances.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

yes they do not like competition anymore

many take it in the ass too

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

youre probably a knicks fan

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

You’re the biggest fuk’in clown show at SBR, dblow dik face!

What’s the matter racist asshole, you pissed off by black athletes making more money in a month than you will in your whole miserable douche bag life!

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    You’re the biggest fuk’in clown show at SBR, dblow dik face!

What’s the matter racist asshole, you pissed off by black athletes making more money in a month than you will in your whole miserable douche bag life!
    Ur a mental child

Get help. Or end it all. Either way

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    youre probably a knicks fan
    No, not a knicks fan or much of an NBA fan really

Do you not agree that players teaming up with one another is ridiculous?

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

dlowilly

dont hate the player hate the game.

guys are getting paid millions on top of millions to play basketball with their best friends. they are living a Tremendous life

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    dlowilly

dont hate the player hate the game.

guys are getting paid millions on top of millions to play basketball with their best friends. they are living a Tremendous life
    I don't blame them as much as I blame the league for letting it happen. It's a long term league killer

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

as a free agent going to a team with only 15 players why wouldn't you want to play with someone you would enjoy playing with? and have a chance to win. what would you suggest? the lakers and celtics have the most titles because they had the best players. they are all rich. the only game left is to win.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

nba is a garbage product

silver enforces nothing

alien adam is a little bitch

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

It's the way of the world now. AAU and the shoe companies setup the teams from grade school. Kids play together and develop friendships in junior high school now. They talk about what AAU teams they're going to join up at an early age. The shoe companies sponsor the top teams and keep them in their pockets. I coach a 12 and 13 year old team and several kids are getting colleges trying to get them to verbally commit already. Football and basketball is nuts. The players are realizing they have leverage starting in high school.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I don't blame them as much as I blame the league for letting it happen. It's a long term league killer
    lol. the yankees and dodgers have paid more for players than other teams for years. mlb is not going anywhere. and its a much more boring sport. the top tier teams carry the league and allow the survival of smaller markets.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    as a free agent going to a team with only 15 players why wouldn't you want to play with someone you would enjoy playing with? and have a chance to win. what would you suggest? the lakers and celtics have the most titles because they had the best players. they are all rich. the only game left is to win.
    Not fair to the fans or the other players. Goes back to making pickup basketball teams. You alternate picking players. The two or three best players don't conspire to be on the same team.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: kidcudi92

dlowilly

lol. the yankees and dodgers have paid more for players than other teams for years. mlb is not going anywhere. and its a much more boring sport. the top tier teams carry the league and allow the survival of smaller markets.
    That's not what we are talking about. There have always been small and large market teams. Players conspiring to team up is a killer.

Mac4Lyfe

How does it kill the league? Small market teams have a much better chance of winning in the NBA versus MLB. Your argument sounds more appropriate for MLB. Guys moving all over the place in a huge arms race that only the major market teams can win.

In the NBA, you've had Toronto, Oakland, Cleveland, Detroit, San Antonio win titles recently where those cities have very little chance winning a MLB title. Most sports have the perennial powers that seem to always be at the top. Look at football, where you have the most parity but yet the Patriots keep kicking ass.

Purduekev
    Purduekev's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Hell why doesn't the league have a ESPN show where James, Curry, Durant, Irving, Leonard or whoever else stand in a gym somewhere with the rest of the upper echelon talent on the other side and start picking their players like we used to do in gym class. And then after the teams are picked they can tell us what city they will decide to play in. We can call the show "The Decision".

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

That's not what we are talking about. There have always been small and large market teams. Players conspiring to team up is a killer.
    not even close. league was built on the same teams winning every year. lakers, celtics, and bulls built the league to the level it is today. more than any other this is a player driven league and is the key to its success.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    How does it kill the league? Small market teams have a much better chance of winning in the NBA versus MLB. Your argument sounds more appropriate for MLB. Guys moving all over the place in a huge arms race that only the major market teams can win.

In the NBA, you've had Toronto, Oakland, Cleveland, Detroit, San Antonio win titles recently where those cities have very little chance winning a MLB title. Most sports have the perennial powers that seem to always be at the top. Look at football, where you have the most parity but yet the Patriots keep kicking ass.
    A team making great picks and running a class organization is great for leagues. Players seeing who is the best and then teaming up after the fact subverts everything

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Purduekev View Post
    Hell why doesn't the league have a ESPN show where James, Curry, Durant, Irving, Leonard or whoever else stand in a gym somewhere with the rest of the upper echelon talent on the other side and start picking their players like we used to do in gym class. And then after the teams are picked they can tell us what city they will decide to play in. We can call the show "The Decision".
    The new All Star game format does that. It's now televised live. I love it. Just like playing ball at the park.

dlowilly

not even close. league was built on the same teams winning every year. lakers, celtics, and bulls built the league to the level it is today. more than any other this is a player driven league and is the key to its success.
    You keep acting like I am denying big markets have an advantage. They are supposed to, they are more of the market share. When players decide who gets the advantage ur long term fuked.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

No, not a knicks fan or much of an NBA fan really

Do you not agree that players teaming up with one another is ridiculous?
    its clearly how nba championships have been won the last ten years

Mac4Lyfe

A team making great picks and running a class organization is great for leagues. Players seeing who is the best and then teaming up after the fact subverts everything
    I think stars make the leagues. The NBA draws attention because of their stars, just like football, MLB and Hockey. If Tom Brady went to Miami tomorrow, the internet would explode. The NFL has plenty of star movements and most of it is player driven as well. You just don't think about it as much because the major stars (especially QBs) are well compensated where they're at and can be franchised, so they can't physically move as much but everyone else can.

I think eventually the NBA will institute some type of franchise tag to protect teams from losing stars so quickly. It is tragic for the team that loses their star.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

You keep acting like I am denying big markets have an advantage. They are supposed to, they are more of the market share. When players decide who gets the advantage ur long term fuked.
    how? prior to free agency the celtics and lakers won every year basically. the bulls hit the jackpot drafting jordan. free agency adds teams to the winning pool. please explain the league is long term fuckked?

sosawestbrook

dlowilly

this is not a league problem. there is nothing on planet Earth the league or Adam Silver can do about guys joining forces. Superstars ARE THE LEAGUE. you understand? it is the same guys year by year playing commander & sergeant. If you deny LeBron or KD the ability to do what they want to do then these guys hold enough sway & power(especially in a social media driven world) to leave the league and create their own product. and anybody who is anybody would follow. cuz these guys ARE THE LEAGUE.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I think stars make the leagues. The NBA draws attention because of their stars, just like football, MLB and Hockey. If Tom Brady went to Miami tomorrow, the internet would explode. The NFL has plenty of star movements and most of it is player driven as well. You just don't think about it as much because the major stars (especially QBs) are well compensated where they're at and can be franchised, so they can't physically move as much but everyone else can.

I think eventually the NBA will institute some type of franchise tag to protect teams from losing stars so quickly. It is tragic for the team that loses their star.
    no way in hell nba players will allow a franchise tag. cat is out of the bag and players have control. owners getting rich. team values skyrocketing. everyone is happy. milwaukee is good because they drafted the freak. the draft gives everyone a chance. see golden state warriors for proof.

dlowilly

how? prior to free agency the celtics and lakers won every year basically. the bulls hit the jackpot drafting jordan. free agency adds teams to the winning pool. please explain the league is long term fuckked?
    I really don't know how you can argue about this.

Let me ask u something. Do you agree that the teams with the worst record should get the highest draft picks? If so, how can you think the best players conspiring to play together to win championships is good for the league? They are basically opposing forces.

I'm not saying anything can be done about it. I'm just saying it's not good for the long term health of the league.

dlowilly

dlowilly

this is not a league problem. there is nothing on planet Earth the league or Adam Silver can do about guys joining forces. Superstars ARE THE LEAGUE. you understand? it is the same guys year by year playing commander & sergeant. If you deny LeBron or KD the ability to do what they want to do then these guys hold enough sway & power(especially in a social media driven world) to leave the league and create their own product. and anybody who is anybody would follow. cuz these guys ARE THE LEAGUE.
    No they wouldn't. They are good at basketball, not at running a league. If they could do that, more power to them, but they couldn't. They would bring people in who could do it and then those guys, who are the same type of guys running the league now, would be running that league.

sosawestbrook

No they wouldn't. They are good at basketball, not at running a league. If they could do that, more power to them, but they couldn't. They would bring people in who could do it and then those guys, who are the same type of guys running the league now, would be running that league.
    bro you are missing the point big time. its about the ATTENTION. if their is 2 leagues & one has all the superstars and the other's best player is Mike Conley which league are you gonna watch? people wanna watch the BEST in the WORLD. the details are irrelevant. I am saying that you CANNOT do anything about players joining forces because they HOLD MORE POWER then the league. LeBron, KD, Russ, Harden, Kawhi, etc you understand?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

I really don't know how you can argue about this.

Let me ask u something. Do you agree that the teams with the worst record should get the highest draft picks? If so, how can you think the best players conspiring to play together to win championships is good for the league? They are basically opposing forces.

I'm not saying anything can be done about it. I'm just saying it's not good for the long term health of the league.
    the golden state warriors won 3 out of last 5 championships. milwaukee bucks won 60 games. toronto raptors won the nba championship. milw, gsw, and toronto built teams through the draft. they were very bad and became good. the miami heat lost 2 of 4 finals after getting lebron and bosh to join dwade. the yankees have the best team money can buy and still lost out to the red sox. teaming up doesn;t guarantee anything. half the league makes the playoffs because they know only a few teams can win the championship anyway, and thats in any era. how many teams won in the 80's pre free agency? these same teams have the same chance now as they did then. phoenix and atlanta aren't sitting at home saying "oh fukk. there goes our chances" lol

dlowilly

bro you are missing the point big time. its about the ATTENTION. if their is 2 leagues & one has all the superstars and the other's best player is Mike Conley which league are you gonna watch? people wanna watch the BEST in the WORLD. the details are irrelevant. I am saying that you CANNOT do anything about players joining forces because they HOLD MORE POWER then the league. LeBron, KD, Russ, Harden, Kawhi, etc you understand?
    Yes I understand. I'm not saying you can do anything about players joining forces in the NBA I'm just saying it's bad for the league. All the stars joining forces to start their own league would never happen.

A few of the big stars would try it and the other stars would stay and take the extra freed up money because they know it would be stupid to count on a few guys like Lebron and Harden to do better for them than the NBA has already done for them.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Coming from a dumb fuk like you, I’m not surprised you don’t know how free agent deals and the draft works. The idea is to put together the best fuk’in team you can to win a championship. Phil Jackson did it, Pat Riley did it, as well as several others.

You’re one of the idiots who want a bunch of mediocre team in the league and boring ass games where everybody get a “Participation trophy”.

You got your little participation trophy on a shelf for being a good little racist, dblow puss?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

There’s a lot of queers now in the league which is probably hurting it