thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Deandre Hunter Over 5.5 at -130

I think there's value on Deandre Hunter to be drafted outside of the top 5 at -130.

1. We know New Orleans will Zion.
    2. We know Memphis will take Morant - they've already said they are going to.
    3. The Knicks like Barrett and are likely to take him here.
    4. New Orleans isn't likely to take Hunter because they already have Ingram and Zion at the wing - obviously they made trade the pick - but if a team trades into the top 4 it will likely be to take Garland who was the top rated point guard coming out of college, its unlikley a team would trade into the top 4 to take Hunter, a solid but not great prospect.
    5. Cleveland - Cleveland has a point guard so I think they would take Culver ahead of Hunter, Cleveland is also looking to accumulate assets so since the 2 team picking behind them, Phoenix and Chicago, both want a point guard and want Garland, I think Cleveland is likely to take Culver or trade down to a team that wants to move up and take Garland.

Hunter is a solid player but he didn't get major minutes until his 3rd year at college and he doesn't have a great first step, he's likely a solid role player, not an all-star, Culver and Garland have more upside.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don’t know much about these players so I’ll just tail it and rely on you

Unknown factor is trades

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

agreed. I think he drops

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

line not even close

over is -170

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    line not even close

over is -170
    Fuk off

thomorino

Not that I care about your dumbfuk ass the line is -130 at Heritage right now - learn to shop around little guy

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

line not even close

over is -170
    -130 seemed awful short cause i tend to agree he shouldn’t go top 5.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Line shopping is a must if you’re serious about winning

thomorino

Not that I care about this dumbfuk here is the line at Heritage right now.

De'Andre Hunter draft position

De'Andre Hunter draft position

04:00 pm PST

--

--

O 5½-130

U 5½+100

--

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Not that I care about your dumbfuk ass the line is -130 at Heritage right now - learn to shop around little guy
    Not that I care what you think but some of us are not allowed to bet at Heritage.

thomorino

Not that I care what you think but some of us are not allowed to bet at Heritage.
    Not that I care about you but I don't give a fuk where you can and can't bet - I didn't create this thread to babysit broke diks who don't know how to line shop.

Heritage is the best North American facing book there is and is an A book - they have the prop at -130 as I said.

2daBank

Didn’t look, I’m not betting this shit. I certainly agree he has no business going top 5 but betting on the whims of mostly stupid gm’s doesn’t seem like a great idea to me. Just cause the guy shouldn’t go top 5 doesn’t mean they see it that way.. gl

sosawestbrook

Thomo

what do you think of Nickel Alexander walker?

he's my favorite player this draft. I hope my boys grab em

thomorino

The team that might consider taking him in the top 5 is Cleveland since Gilbert is a moron and they aren't likely to take a point guard. Phoenix and Chicago are both desperate for a point guard I think they offer Cleveland a nice package if Garland or Culver falls to 5.

Emily_Haines

Not that I care about you but I don't give a fuk where you can and can't bet - I didn't create this thread to babysit broke diks who don't know how to line shop.

Heritage is the best North American facing book there is and is an A book - they have the prop at -130 as I said.
    Who the fukk wastes time looking at lines at places they cant bet at? And for your information Heritage is a rec only book that caters to broke dikks that bet $50 max and always lose.

2daBank

The team that might consider taking him in the top 5 is Cleveland since Gilbert is a moron and they aren't likely to take a point guard. Phoenix and Chicago are both desperate for a point guard I think they offer Cleveland a nice package if Garland or Culver falls to 5.
    I would def take culver over hunter. They essentially play the same spot don’t they?

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    Thomo

what do you think of Nickel Alexander walker?

he's my favorite player this draft. I hope my boys grab em
    He's got good size and his 3 point shooting percentage is impressive, he played in the ACC too so he's played top level competition, it will be interesting to see where he goes.

thomorino

Who the fukk wastes time looking at lines at places they cant bet at? And for your information Heritage is a rec only book that caters to broke dikks that bet $50 max and always lose.
    Fuk off

thomorino

I see Culver, Garland, Barret, Zion, Morant as top 5 prospects, as dumb as Gilbert and Cleveland are I don't see them as likely taking Hunter in the top 5 when they can trade down and probably get an extra pick in the top 15.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I would def take culver over hunter. They essentially play the same spot don’t they?
    I see Hunter more as a undersized 4 & Culver is a prototype 3

but I def take Hunter over Culver. guy can't shoot worth a lick

not to mention he destroyed him in the championship game

2daBank

Don’t see why the hell cavs would’nt take culver, him and Sexton could be a nice little combo. Well other than them being incredibly stupid.

Man who was that one awful pick cavs made few years back? Forget who the guy even was, some Canadian or some shit and everyone was scratching their heads. Don’t know if he even playing in the league. Lol

Emily_Haines

Fuk off
    How about quoting the place you bet at on this $50 max stuff like a normal human? Not like anyone can pull up a screen and line shop idiot.

thomorino

I agree Hunter in today's NBA would be a stretch 4, Culver could play the 2 or 3. Hunter is older than Culver and had an extra year in college though, I think Culver is the much better athlete with more upside. Culver also shot almost 40% from 3 in his first year in college, he can shoot, he was easier to defend at Tech because they didn't have a lot of offensive talent around him.

thomorino

How about quoting the place you bet at on this $50 max stuff like a normal human? Not like anyone can pull up a screen and line shop idiot.
    Fuk off

2daBank

We see these things way different, lol. I think lonzo ass, and I think culver will be a better nba player. Lol., I don’t think culver shot is so bad it can’t get better, it way better than ball’s shot that for sure.

2daBank

I agree Hunter in today's NBA would be a stretch 4, Culver could play the 2 or 3. Hunter is older than Culver and had an extra year in college though, I think Culver is the much better athlete with more upside. Culver also shot almost 40% from 3 in his first year in college, he can shoot, he was easier to defend at Tech because they didn't have a lot of offensive talent around him.
    Agreed. I figure culver be a 3.

thomorino

Hunter was strong in the national championship game but he struggled most of the tournament, basically doing nothing in key games like against Purdue.

sosawestbrook

yeah Culver has more upside for sure cuz he's coming in the league already equipped with a nice set of playmaking skills. his shooting numbers are good but he missed a ton of open shots. its weird cuz he takes tough shots and makes em but completely whiffs on the wide open ones. With Hunter you get a 3 & D guy at worst. Culver is more boom or bust to me.

they asked Culver who do you play like thats in the league?

he said Jamal Crawford.

what???

thomorino

yeah Culver has more upside for sure cuz he's coming in the league already equipped with a nice set of playmaking skills. his shooting numbers are good but he missed a ton of open shots. its weird cuz he takes tough shots and makes em but completely whiffs on the wide open ones. With Hunter you get a 3 & D guy at worst. Culver is more boom or bust to me.

he said Jamal Crawford.

what???
    Yeah I agree, i think the most underrated part of Culver's game is his play making, he's a very good passer for a guy who doesn't play the point. Obviously the negative with him is shooting but we've seen a lot of guy improve their shot and he's only played 2 years in college. I think a top 5 pick has to have all-star potential, Hunter will likely be a solid NBA player but I can't see him ever likely being an all-star.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    We see these things way different, lol. I think lonzo ass, and I think culver will be a better nba player. Lol., I don’t think culver shot is so bad it can’t get better, it way better than ball’s shot that for sure.
    lol im not gonna compare him & Lonzo that would be OD.

but I wouldn't take either of those guys at 5. there is much better options I think. its actually a pretty deep draft contrary to some opinions but last couple of drafts have been amazing. some all time type talent

thomorino

he said Jamal Crawford.

what???
    I agree Hunter will likely be a solid player but he's also pretty much a finished product since he played 3 years in the league and isn't an elite athlete, I think his upside is Brogdon, but he's not the playmaker Brogdon is, he could be elite defensively because of his size and length but its an offense first league and I don't see enough upside in his offense to justify a top 5 pick.

sosawestbrook

Yeah I agree, i think the most underrated part of Culver's game is his play making, he's a very good passer for a guy who doesn't play the point. Obviously the negative with him is shooting but we've seen a lot of guy improve their shot and he's only played 2 years in college. I think a top 5 pick has to have all-star potential, Hunter will likely be a solid NBA player but I can't see him ever likely being an all-star.
    yeah exactly if you are top 5 you gotta have all star talent.

thats why it blows my mind why Culver & Hunter are being prioritized over Cam Reddish.

id take Cam #4 if I was Pels. pair Lonzo & Zion up with some shooters to spread the floor

2daBank

lol im not gonna compare him & Lonzo that would be OD.

but I wouldn't take either of those guys at 5. there is much better options I think. its actually a pretty deep draft contrary to some opinions but last couple of drafts have been amazing. some all time type talent
    I wasn’t comparing them just how differently we see them, lol.

I don’t really know bout the depth of the draft. As much college hoops I watch I don’t really follow particular players or project much info the league. Other than the top 3 I couldn’t really tell ya, lol.

Zion outta be amazing, nobody on his duke team could shoot a lick, id think you surround him w shooters and he be a nightmare to defend.

I love Ja morants gm, I think he could be great.,

Not sure on the duke kid, prob could end up being a great 3rd option but going to Knicks prob dooms his career! Lol

thomorino

yeah exactly if you are top 5 you gotta have all star talent.

thats why it blows my mind why Culver & Hunter are being prioritized over Cam Reddish.

id take Cam #4 if I was Pels. pair Lonzo & Zion up with some shooters to spread the floor
    I agree, I think people are shitting on Reddish way too much. He didn't get any shots because he played with Zion and barret and he was obviously hurt in the tournament, so everyone remembers how much he struggled late in the year. He was a consensus top 5 recruit, I think someone will get good value with him.

2daBank

I agree Hunter will likely be a solid player but he's also pretty much a finished product since he played 3 years in the league and isn't an elite athlete, I think his upside is Brogdon, but he's not the playmaker Brogdon is, he could be elite defensively because of his size and length but its an offense first league and I don't see enough upside in his offense to justify a top 5 pick.
    While I agree w that I’d say I didn’t love Leonard’s offensive game at sdst either, he looked like he was gonna be a great lock down defender but nobody really saw him blossoming into the kind of talent he did. If these guys willing to work a lot of them have the talent to exceed expectations. Just a matter of if they really wanna be great or they just happy getting by on ability they have and just earning a nice living.

1234 ... Last