sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Hey RM, tell me how good Steve looks now when half his super team is hurt and getting crushed? What great moves has his genius mind made to counter that? Oh, nothing? Because the only thing his ass has had to do is find a shirt to wear that night? Give me as fukin break bro. I could stand in that huddle and say shoot the 3 and then pass it so we can shoot more 3s. Give me a break man.
    The guy played with the best player of all time then got to coach half the western all star team every year. Ya, the guy is so great. Fuk, Joe smo coached LeBron even after he fired numerous coaches. Coaches don't do shit. When they go inside the huddle in game they basically say shit you would tell a group of 5 year olds.
    you make no sense. Kerr has actually done a good job making adjustments this series. Siakam went off in game 1 and was subsequently shut down the next game. Danny Green went off game 3 and was shut down game 4. Raptors are dominating them in every facet of the game and no one wants to admit it. Has nothing to do with Kerr. Raptors the better team

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

he has to manage very shorthanded roster . this is tough

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Tired of all these ass clowns on TV saying how great a coach Steve Kerr is!

Guy only wins because he’s surrounded with a dream team.

When the going gets tough, he has no answers.

Just another coach who can only win with talent.

Dime a dozen.
    What do you want him to do, get out there and play?

He was the mastermind behind creating this super team. He got extremely unlucky twice, the year LeBron came back from 1-3 and this year when Kahwi is on top of his game with reasonable support cast and a coach who isn't a moron. He won a championship every time except those two times.

What's next, 'Kerr is a replacement level coach just like most baseball coaches are'?

Come on man...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

common theme great coaches, they all coached hall of famers

Put kerr on Knicks 20-62 every year

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Great players. Average coach

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How about when Joe Torre was the worst manager in baseball history and then went to the Yankees going to bunch of Hall of Famer’s and then everyone thought he was the best manager of all times it’s stupidity

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

With Mark Jackson, Warriors were just good. Kerr took the exact same roster and made them an all time great and made 5 consecutive Finals.

Who is better than him currently? Only Popovich I guess.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Not sure why guys struggle with this simple concept

It takes great players and a great coach to win, especially win 3 championships. For some reason guys want to discredit wither the coach for having great players, yet others discredit the players for having a great coach.

Kerr is great, and has hall of famers playing for him.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Mark Jackson would have won the same amount of rings as Kerr.

Luke Walton and Mike Brown as well

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Mark Jackson would have won the same amount of rings as Kerr.

Luke Walton and Mike Brown as well
    Interesting opinion given Jackson had the same team Kerr did the first two years and got nowhere

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

He's a terrible white coach

However, if he was black and the same people said he sucked.....

We would all be racist

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Interesting opinion given Jackson had the same team Kerr did the first two years and got nowhere
    I see that as different for a couple reasons, one the players are maturing and coming into their own and two. kerr has a different style than Jackson. Jackson played a lot slower and kerr sped these guys up. if kerr had come to gs in curry's and klay's first years they wouldnt have won a chip because those players were not the players we see today. with jackson's style if they kept playing slower it might have never materialized into a chip but who knows

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

not a fan

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I see that as different for a couple reasons, one the players are maturing and coming into their own and two. kerr has a different style than Jackson. Jackson played a lot slower and kerr sped these guys up. if kerr had come to gs in curry's and klay's first years they wouldnt have won a chip because those players were not the players we see today. with jackson's style if they kept playing slower it might have never materialized into a chip but who knows
    What we do know is Jackson never got the same group of guys to the conf finals, Kerr got them to the finals twice and won a championship one of those two years. Who knows the reason why that is but in all the possibilities of why, Kerr being a better coach than jackson has to be considered as legitimate as any other reason

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

They were going through the process of learning to win

Plaza23

Curry, Klay, Draymond were not in their primes yet under Jackson. Steph Curry was not MVP Steph Curry under Jackson. If you're saying Steve Kerr made Steph Curry an MVP, I'll just say you are wrong. Those guys would have won regardless of the coach.

Mark Jackson was coaching these ages in his last season:
    Draymond Green - 23
    Klay Thompson -23
    Harrison Barnes - 21
    Steph Curry- 25

Reminds me of Laker fans giving all the credit to Phil Jackson for Shaq/Kobe winning. No, they still would have won rings even with Del Harris coaching them.
    Last edited by Plaza23; 06-08-19 at 02:37 PM.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Funny thing about coaching In the NBA, if you surrounded w great talent you tend to be considered a great coach, lol.

The best players/teams tend to win, all the coaches of said teams really do that has any impact is manage ego’s.

2daBank

I don’t think there woulda been a difference had Kerr coached those 2 years then Jackson took over. Or had Jackson remained. Maybe I guess but I tend to think it was just more natural progression we often see in the nba than any particular coach making much of a difference, I could be wrong but really don’t think coaches mean a whole lot in nba other than managing ego.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Funny thing about coaching In the NBA, if you surrounded w great talent you tend to be considered a great coach, lol.

The best players/teams tend to win, all the coaches of said teams really do that has any impact is manage ego’s.
    I think more to coaching than just managing egos. Ever notice how after almost every Warriors timeout, they execute a play and get a guy open or get an easy dunk? That's coaching. Managing rotations, making ideal substitutions, that's all coaching. Even the offseason stuff, getting players prepared, running practices.

I know Luke Walton gets brought up a lot during their historic year but it was Kerr that laid all the groundwork the year before and in the offseason getting them to the point where Walton could succeed. Having great players helps but that doesn't mean Kerr isn't a great coach either.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    I think more to coaching than just managing egos. Ever notice how after almost every Warriors timeout, they execute a play and get a guy open or get an easy dunk? That's coaching. Managing rotations, making ideal substitutions, that's all coaching. Even the offseason stuff, getting players prepared, running practices.

I know Luke Walton gets brought up a lot during their historic year but it was Kerr that laid all the groundwork the year before and in the offseason getting them to the point where Walton could succeed. Having great players helps but that doesn't mean Kerr isn't a great coach either.
    Didn’t say he wasn’t just that it goes hand in hand w having great players. Nobody would be talking about him if he coached the jazz or some shit.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Very good coach. 3 of their top 6 players are injured. Only so much you can do when that happens. Kudos to Raptors for playing great ball.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Curry, Klay, Draymond were not in their primes yet under Jackson. Steph Curry was not MVP Steph Curry under Jackson. If you're saying Steve Kerr made Steph Curry an MVP, I'll just say you are wrong. Those guys would have won regardless of the coach.

Mark Jackson was coaching these ages in his last season:
    Draymond Green - 23
    Klay Thompson -23
    Harrison Barnes - 21
    Steph Curry- 25

Reminds me of Laker fans giving all the credit to Phil Jackson for Shaq/Kobe winning. No, they still would have won rings even with Del Harris coaching them.
    This is crazy the Lakers had more talent before they got Jackson, Eddie Jones, Campbell, and Van Exel. The roster got way worse and they got Phil and started winning.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Who thinks Kerr retires????

I say he's done with G.S.

Nothing really to shoot for anymore.... fire's out in G.S.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

I like Kerr. Nice guy. Respectful person. He must be pretty smart. He chose the warriors over the Knicks

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    This is crazy the Lakers had more talent before they got Jackson, Eddie Jones, Campbell, and Van Exel. The roster got way worse and they got Phil and started winning.
    No, Kobe Bryant maturing into a superstar was far more important than any of those other role players.

Any coach could have won titles with Kobe, Shaq, Ron Harper,Glen Rice, Rick Fox, Robert Horry.

It’s not like the Lakers weren’t already good. In 1997-98 (Kobe’s 2nd year out of high school) they were already 61-21 team. It was inevitable that team would win titles. Just like with Kerr stepping in to a maturing team, Phil did the same thing and got the credit.

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post

But Luke Walton started as a coach with the Warriors the same time Kerr did. He was there from day 1 on Kerr’s first staff. How much more credit should Kerr get instead of other coaches on his staff? I’ve always believed NBA coaching is very overrated. The GM, salary cap, draft, and roster construction is far more important.

The Warriors owe far more to Mark Jackson and Bob Myers (the GM) for drafting in and believing in Steph, Klay, Draymond. Then of course having smart GM’ing to be able to afford Durant bc those other guys were still on rookie or low max deals

asiagambler

But Luke Walton started as a coach with the Warriors the same time Kerr did. He was there from day 1 on Kerr’s first staff. How much more credit should Kerr get instead of other coaches on his staff? I’ve always believed NBA coaching is very overrated. The GM, salary cap, draft, and roster construction is far more important.

The Warriors owe far more to Mark Jackson and Bob Myers (the GM) for drafting in and believing in Steph, Klay, Draymond. Then of course having smart GM’ing to be able to afford Durant bc those other guys were still on rookie or low max deals
    Every coach has assistants. Kerr deserves as much credit as any other great coach he's compared to who also had assistants, which is all of them.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

kerr exposed as the dipshit no talent coach that he is.... maybe now he'll shut the fuk up with his liberal bullshit, as well.....

we can only hope....

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I never said Kerr was a bad coach

just sick of these guys on TV saying how great he is

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 478

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Let's get real, the guy had 6 all stars on his team. What did he need to do? The whole NBA coach thing is total bullshit. LeBron bitch has revealed this numerous times. The inside the game came I have seen in the 10 minutes I watch these sham games I see the coaches talk about the dumbest shit ever. Something a coach teaching at the 4th grade level tells his players. "When they have the ball play defense, puts your arms up" no wonder queen James gets so many coaches fired. If someone is dribbling, which doesn't happen much anymore in the NBA, get in front of the guy before he does 14 "euro steps"
    I'm with you on the stuff coaches say in timeouts and yell during the game I remember lmao when JB Bickerstaff coaching the Rockets was screaming for his guys to box out when they were down 20 in the 4th quarter and Curry was at the line.

The Kraken

Its all what-if’s

I’m just stating what we know for sure, what actually did happen. All the other speculation is just water-cooler talk

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not that I care your comment is complete bullshit. Jackson never had Draymond green playing, Green didn't play until Kerr came and that was only because David Lee got hurt and that forced GS to play Green, which completely changed the team since Lee was trash and couldn't defend at all. Green's ability to guard the 1-5 with the Warriors death lineup changed the team, the Warriors also added a bench after Jackson left, signing guys like barbaroosa and Liviingston. The teams Kerr won with were much better than the teams Jackson had, and Curry kept having injury issues with his ankles too when he was younger.

Jackson had his flaws but Kerr is overrated, he inherited a great team and the offense Kerr installed was really just a copy of the Dantoni and Poppovich offenses he saw them run, it was not original at all. Kerr does somethings well but he blew the game 7 against Cleveland playing Fzeli 3 times including putting him in during the middle of the 4th quarter when he couldn't guard anyone. The media likes kerr because he treats them well and is very liberal, they never point out how ridiculous his rotations are - like how dumb the Warriors 2nd quarter rotatotion is when Green and Curry sit on the bench at the same time and they play Thompson with the 2nd unit, with no one to run the point.

thomorino

Kerr has his flaw but Bob Meyer the Warriors GM is getting exposed much more than Kerr, you'd think the Warriors could add vets who are ring chasing rather than all these g league scrubs who are garbage.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Not that I care your comment is complete bullshit. Jackson never had Draymond green playing, Green didn't play until Kerr came and that was only because David Lee got hurt and that forced GS to play Green, which completely changed the team since Lee was trash and couldn't defend at all. Green's ability to guard the 1-5 with the Warriors death lineup changed the team, the Warriors also added a bench after Jackson left, signing guys like barbaroosa and Liviingston. The teams Kerr won with were much better than the teams Jackson had, and Curry kept having injury issues with his ankles too when he was younger.
    Jackson had his flaws but Kerr is overrated, he inherited a great team and the offense Kerr installed was really just a copy of the Dantoni and Poppovich offenses he saw them run, it was not original at all. Kerr does somethings well but he blew the game 7 against Cleveland playing Fzeli 3 times including putting him in during the middle of the 4th quarter when he couldn't guard anyone. The media likes kerr because he treats them well and is very liberal, they never point out how ridiculous his rotations are - like how dumb the Warriors 2nd quarter rotatotion is when Green and Curry sit on the bench at the same time and they play Thompson with the 2nd unit, with no one to run the point.
    Tldr, didn’t read

fuk off

thomorino

Tldr, didn’t read

fuk off
    Fuk off

First 123 Last