Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Am I The Only Guy Thinking Tyronn Lue Is A Fool?

Mind you, I'm not absolving the Lakers (and Jeannie Buss) of being the laughing-stock of the league.....

But when else in Tyronn's life will he ever be offered an $18 million dollar contract?

This Lakers stuff is butt ugly!

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

No he's smart - he knows the Lakers have no one to turn to besides him - he has all the leverage. Good coaches don't want to coach Lebron and the team can't hire a bad coach, Lue is the only one who will get the job, he likely gets the job with a better offer.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

He is not a good coach. He's an idiot and overplayed his hand. Hopefully the Lakers hire Mark Jackson or even Juwan Howard. J Kidd can kick rocks with his wife beating ass.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: flyingillini

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Wait I'm confused, are you saying he's a fool for taking a multimillion-dollar contract and getting paid even if he is fired?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Wait I'm confused, are you saying he's a fool for taking a multimillion-dollar contract and getting paid even if he is fired?
    No he turned down the Lakers because he wants more money.

Not that I care but that fat little mongoloid can fuk off

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Id have turned it down too

Harry N. Lloyd

I may be wrong (again) but I don't see these Lakers letting a mediocre coach like Lue work them over in a highly publicized way like this. Embarrassing.

The Lakers knew that offering 3 years, instead of the standard 5, was a bit of an insult to Tyronn......but his only attribute is that he can (theoretically) wrangle the insufferable brat Lebron. Well guess what, Tyronn, Lebron won't even be playing in 5 years so the Lakers will have no need for you.

The egg on Jeannie Buss's (and that behind the scenes dork, Kurt Rambis)'s face right now is worse than the proud Lakers franchise has seen in almost 50 years. My guess is, to save face, Jeannie starts seriously looking into rebooting the franchise once again.

I think they'll quietly shop Lebron right after the draft (assuming they don't get Zion) to see what other dumb franchise will pay a ridiculous ransom to woo him (for ticket and jersey sales only), then the Lake's will try to bring in a Kawhi or Davis on a Bron-less team that's somewhat loaded with young talent and can compete once again in a manner better than we've seen of late.

Oh yeah, Lonzo is toast as well. Sayonara!

Mark it in the log.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He made like 50mill already doesnt neccessarily need it.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Oh shit by reading the comments you're trying to say turn the job down? LOL

Harry N. Lloyd

Guys, he did already turn the job down. That's why I'm calling him a dope. He'll be unhirable after this, assuming the Lakes don't put their tail between their legs and give in.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

No way Lakers will up their offer and look like weak fools again, lue idiot for turning 18mil down it will be awhile before he gets a offer like this maybe ever again, sure Lakers look terrible but lue's next offer look like a team like memphis grizzlies

Harry N. Lloyd

Amen. That's what I'm thinking.

jtoler

regardless of what u say or think he has a ring he was the head coach of a team that came back from down 3-1 something thats never been done before. he prob wants more yrs and/or more money, lakers signed walton to a 5 yr deal he has no ring why should lue accept such no telling how much kings gave walton seems thats hush or something there is a thing called principle slaves dont seem to know what that is

Harry N. Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    regardless of what u say or think he has a ring he was the head coach of a team that came back from down 3-1 something thats never been done before. he prob wants more yrs and/or more money, lakers signed walton to a 5 yr deal he has no ring why should lue accept such no telling how much kings gave walton seems thats hush or something there is a thing called principle slaves dont seem to know what that is
    A bit hard to follow you here JT. Are you suggesting Tyronn is a slave for being paid $18 mil for 3 years to coach the Lakers?! That's more money than pretty much all the SBR posters combined (excluding JJ) make in salary.

If memory serves me right, you're also on record as saying Lonzo would be an elite NBA scorer. His shooting skills were supposedly elite. In 2 years in the league he's yet to shoot 45% .....from the free throw line! You do realize that's about the worst ever in NBA history, right?

Come on, man! Pick up your game.

jtoler

its funny when people talk a lot of money(to them) they compare it to regular folk. I made the comparison no need to bring up 18 mil over 3 yrs being a lot of money of course it is(to us) we arnt talking about us as far as lonzo as usual u put words in my mouth Im sure I said something along the lines of he'll be fine and give him time being on lakers with bron is gonna stifle any true pg's game since bron has the ball in his hands making the decisions as far as ft's guess its all mental he's shot them well everywhere else and the distance hasnt changed

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Lakers Rumors: Tyronn Lue, LeBron James want Tom Thibodeau

Harry N. Lloyd

Antoine Walker blew $100 mil. He's now broke.

Tyronn Lue had the chance to put $18 mil in his coffers for 3 years work. (Work being, letting Lebron run the team, but he talks the the press post-game).

Mr. Lue would've also made a whole lot more in LA endorsements.

I know he's still collecting big bucks on the old Cavs contract, but isn't this sort of why the Lake's didn't want to sign a deal that outlasted him?

He probably would've forfeited some of that Cavs money had he taken the LA job, but under no circumstances would he have been taking a cut in income. He would've been making more money, been back in the game, and in the spotlight too.

The Lakers might just capitulate and sweeten his deal, but I doubt it. I think Ty over-played his hand.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tyrone you say?

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

It's very obvious Lue is the one LeBron wants there because he can push him around without any complaints

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Lakers org a hot mess. Going to be interesting to see if Jeannie is as detrimental and cancerous as James Dolan is for the Knicks in the coming years

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

it does not matter

lakers no where near a top team

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Cleveland still owes Lue $10 million, taking a pay cut if he signs that deal.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

He’s being paid 10M by Cavs over next couple of years....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Word is that the people around Jeannie are pushing her to shop James around. I would love to get rid of him. They know that no one will sign there if he is there. Glad they low balled ( in lues mind) Lue.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Lakers are an absolute dumpster fire

Lebrick took down the franchise