funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Warriors take the next 2 probably. NBA needed this one.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Why is this concept so hard to understand?

NBA owns what goes on..if they need a game to go a certain way, the game will go that way.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

To become a "made man" in the NBA takes more than just talent. You have to play their game, not just the game.

It's a wild notion on the surface, but when I saw Curry take the dive against Cleveland in game 7 to give Lebron a title in a Cavs jersey, it effectively pointed to what KVB is alluding to. It's the same thing in entertainment... you want the notoriety and the big bucks, you have to be willing to submit. It's not good enough to be just a talented singer or actor.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave Eddy Munny 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Why is this concept so hard to understand?

NBA owns what goes on..if they need a game to go a certain way, the game will go that way.
    You started off your thread by complaining about 2 missed FG's in the final minute......something about it all being scripted.

Now you're saying that the NBA owns what goes on.

So, I'm just curious Lt. Columbo--do you think the NBA is telling the players to miss lay ups or the refs to prolong a series?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    You started off your thread by complaining about 2 missed FG's in the final minute......something about it all being scripted.

Now you're saying that the NBA owns what goes on.

So, I'm just curious Lt. Columbo--do you think the NBA is telling the players to miss lay ups or the refs to prolong a series?
    according to the 7 miilion threads on this topic after every close game, they obviously believe both. there is a secret phone line to the players and they get "the text" lol.
    Points Awarded:

deltgen gave kingdom 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

But can someone just answer the question? Why Curry and Thompson didn't foul??? Do we say awe.... shucks.... 17 seconds to go.... I guess we lost. Damn I'm tired?

I think there's a basketball team that tied a game up down by 7 with 8 seconds to go before. So why give up now? Especially the hottest shooters of G.S.

Look at the timeline... Curry blows the layup. First thing you say to yourself... damn I fukked up... I have to foul now. Not only he blows the layup.... but then he decides not to foul. Some Twilight Zone sh#$ going down.

Obviously someone knew the line was at Houston -4 for a considerable amount of time before the game started.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    ...or the refs to prolong a series?
    I'm not going to weigh in either way tonight. I entered the thread to show the weakness of the gym bag of money and risking it all argument.

But as far as the NBA telling refs, that's exactly what Tim Donaghy and his lawyers claimed publicly after he was already busted for gambling. The scandal was basically over when they made the claim.

The NBA used the gambling to discredit him publicly and then went on to sue Donaghy for the cost of every pair of shoes they provided to for every game he officiated, among other things.

It was like that.

Again, not going to weigh in on it all tonight, just offering some facts.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Donaghy is the hero of all theorists, but he has the credibility of a flea. seems more he was a degenerate on the take. did he have one shred of evidence? he wasn't exactly known as a stand up guy.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Donaghy is the hero of all theorists, but he has the credibility of a flea. seems more he was a degenerate on the take. did he have one shred of evidence? he wasn't exactly known as a stand up guy.
    What's a "theorist"?

I'm not going on what things "seem" like, that "seems" pointless.

I don't if he had any evidence. But if anyone would know, it would be the ref of the game.

Not sure what his degenerate status or whether or not he was a stand up guy has to do with anything. It's wholly irrelevant.

But the NBA did sue for the cost of the shoes in retaliation and led a public burial campaign. It sounds like you saw the campaign, unless of course you are saying you knew Donaghy personally.

Like I said, I'm not going to weigh in the subject at hand, but the "arguments" that get formed on both sides are often very weak or not very creative.

It always ends up that way.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    To become a "made man" in the NBA takes more than just talent. You have to play their game, not just the game.

It's a wild notion on the surface, but when I saw Curry take the dive against Cleveland in game 7 to give Lebron a title in a Cavs jersey, it effectively pointed to what KVB is alluding to. It's the same thing in entertainment... you want the notoriety and the big bucks, you have to be willing to submit. It's not good enough to be just a talented singer or actor.
    The dive? You think he missed the 3s on purpose? So you are saying the nba players can shoot 100% from 3 if they wanted to? Like tonight houston down 3 with 40 seconds left the fix was in fir harden to make the crazy 3 pointer?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I don’t think this is the game to call rigged. GS wouldn’t have fought back if so. Much easier to fix without sending it to OT.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    What's a "theorist"?

I don't if he had any evidence. But if anyone would know, it would be the ref of the game.

Not sure what his degenerate status or whether or not he was a stand up guy has to do with anything. It's wholly irrelevant.

But the NBA did sue for the cost of the shoes in retaliation and led a public burial campaign. It sounds like you saw the campaign, unless of course you are saying you knew Donaghy personally.

Like I said, I'm not going to weigh in the subject at hand, but the "arguments" that get formed on both sides are often very weak or not very creative.

Im sorry we bore you

Must be tough to be so intellectual in an average world

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Im sorry we bore you

Must be tough to be so intellectual in an average world
    Take it back. It takes an intellectual bastard to fade the public.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Steph has a net worth over $100,000,000

Guarantee you he fixed that game for a cool $10,000

But he waited until OT, smart dude
    What if its more like wrestling? Individuals not fixing games for their own gain, but for the story line, as a whole...ive always thought that if sports aren't scripted, they should be...fool the people and create drama, more games, more excitement, opportunities to wager, all of it...wrestling might be the most "real" sport out there...at least the don't hide it...and if pro sports are 100% legit, leagues should be attempting to do what I'm talking about...it would almost certainly increase profits...as long as you keep the masses believing its legit and uninfluenced

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

What's a "theorist"?

i assumed theorist was self explanatory. but there is google if not. omg did they really sue for the cost of shoes? oh the evil empire lol.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    What if its more like wrestling? Individuals not fixing games for their own gain, but for the story line, as a whole...ive always thought that if sports aren't scripted, they should be...fool the people and create drama, more games, more excitement, opportunities to wager, all of it...wrestling might be the most "real" sport out there...at least the don't hide it...and if pro sports are 100% legit, leagues should be attempting to do what I'm talking about...it would almost certainly increase profits...as long as you keep the masses believing its legit and uninfluenced

when you have the best athletes in the world compete against each other such foolishness is unnecessary. i am trying to be careful not to be insulting because some of this sounds so idiotic. especially coming from men who wager on these events they assume are fixed lol. does the fastest guy at the olympics slow down to make the race more interesting? the random outcome of sports is why people watch. the greeks and romans realized this a long time ago. you don't have to script an outcome. the regular season is a book and the playoffs and championship are the ending. and networks pay billions of dollars to broadcast based on that. there is your script.

NrmlCurvSurfr

when you have the best athletes in the world compete against each other such foolishness is unnecessary. i am trying to be careful not to be insulting because some of this sounds so idiotic. especially coming from men who wager on these events they assume are fixed lol. does the fastest guy at the olympics slow down to make the race more interesting? the random outcome of sports is why people watch. the greeks and romans realized this a long time ago. you don't have to script an outcome. the regular season is a book and the playoffs and championship are the ending. and networks pay billions of dollars to broadcast based on that. there is your script.
    there is always room for improvement...thats all I'm saying

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

there is always room for improvement...thats all I'm saying
    boxing is real and participants make hundreds of millions of dollars while the known scripted wrestlers come nowhere near that. this non risk as someone called it earlier is untrue. there is a risk. no sport wants to be wrestling. viewers are easy to acquire in sports. add more offense. every sport in america is craving more offense because thats what the people want. not scripted outcomes lol.

NrmlCurvSurfr

boxing is real and participants make hundreds of millions of dollars while the known scripted wrestlers come nowhere near that. this non risk as someone called it earlier is untrue. there is a risk. no sport wants to be wrestling. viewers are easy to acquire in sports. add more offense. every sport in america is craving more offense because thats what the people want. not scripted outcomes lol.
    you don't want the viewers to know it's scripted...you want them to swear its not...wresting works because its pure entertainment, people know its scripted, like a movie or tv show...my point is to create the same kind of drama and story lines but have people believe its 100% real...how much do all pro boxers earn per year vs all mlb, or nfl, or nba...start scripting these pro leagues and you are talking huge revenues...forget what you are paying the players...

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

you don't want the viewers to know it's scripted...you want them to swear its not...wresting works because its pure entertainment, people know its scripted, like a movie or tv show...my point is to create the same kind of drama and story lines but have people believe its 100% real...how much do all pro boxers earn per year vs all mlb, or nfl, or nba...start scripting these pro leagues and you are talking huge revenues...forget what you are paying the players...
    the greatness of sports is you don't have to script it. its actually so good that guys like you and others believe it is so as it is too good to be true. free agency is drama that last for seasons. kevin durant. lebron james. bryce harper. these athletes are as big and rich as most movie stars. with endorsements to back it. men like drama as well, but preferably in sports. you want the real outcome. so while our women watch reality tv to get their drama fix, men are satisfied by the drama in sports. take the authenticity away and you lose all of that. there lies the risk. the product works. take a peak at the tv contracts and tell me what scripted shows are making that.

NrmlCurvSurfr

my whole point is...a few extra game's and extended series can only help the leagues...if they aren't trying for a least that, then they aren't trying hard enough imo...i think they can do more than that...but i understand they also need to appear legit...

NrmlCurvSurfr

the greatness of sports is you don't have to script it. its actually so good that guys like you and others believe it is so as it is too good to be true. free agency is drama that last for seasons. kevin durant. lebron james. bryce harper. these athletes are as big and rich as most movie stars. with endorsements to back it. men like drama as well, but preferably in sports. you want the real outcome. so while our women watch reality tv to get their drama fix, men are satisfied by the drama in sports. take the authenticity away and you lose all of that. there lies the risk. the product works. take a peak at the tv contracts and tell me what scripted shows are making that.
    im not saying it's scripted...im saying if its not, it should be...

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

im not saying it's scripted...im saying if its not, it should be...
    and i will end saying the risk does not equal the already apparent rewards.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

1 person snitches and careers are over laughable curry would risk that, no nba all star wants to go down the.Pete rose path

NrmlCurvSurfr

most people will believe its not scripted...let the people who get their fix from watching sports, believe its real...let the leagues fool men with "reality" leagues just like they do with women with "reality" shows...

The Kraken

But thats not how sports play out. Rarely is the outcome the best story line. Rarely is it the two teams we want to see and often the finish is anti-climatic

I get your point and in that context I could understand fixing games but I just dont see the entertainment value in a lot of endings

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Take it back. It takes an intellectual bastard to fade the public.
    I’m giving credit to kvb for being an intellectual bastard. He’s way more of an intellect than I am, he’s smarter than I am and if I ever forget, he’ll politely remind me

The Kraken

my whole point is...a few extra game's and extended series can only help the leagues...if they aren't trying for a least that, then they aren't trying hard enough imo...i think they can do more than that...but i understand they also need to appear legit...
    Then why so many sweeps? To keep up the appearance? But that would defeat the entire purpose of fixing for the financial gain of the nba which would be to extend series

Its like the bible, makes no sense except to that believe it

NrmlCurvSurfr

But thats not how sports play out. Rarely is the outcome the best story line. Rarely is it the two teams we want to see and often the finish is anti-climatic

I get your point and in that context I could understand fixing games but I just dont see the entertainment value in a lot of endings
    If leagues are not influencing ANYTHING, then they are missing out...find a way to do it...period...there is money to be made in steering the story line...and of course risk, but when has that stopped anyone from taking a chance

The Kraken

If leagues are not influencing ANYTHING, then they are missing out...find a way to do it...period...there is money to be made in steering the story line...and of course risk, but when has that stopped anyone from taking a chance
    Im not disagreeing with you, and I dont even know if they’re not, just saying from my perspective if they are doing it they’re doing a poor job

Im speaking specifically about intra-game play and outcomes related directly to game play. Outside of the actually game, I do believe the leagues are influencing different aspects that have a real impact and even favor certain teams or styles of play

NrmlCurvSurfr

Im not disagreeing with you, and I dont even know if they’re not, just saying from my perspective if they are doing it they’re doing a poor job

Im speaking specifically about intra-game play and outcomes related directly to game play. Outside of the actually game, I do believe the leagues are influencing different aspects that have a real impact and even favor certain teams or styles of play
    if you know people are going to watch the entire season, then the individual episodes have less significance, they will tune in next time...thats all you have to do is keep them coming back...sure a bad episode with an unpopular ending...who cares, you've got them hooked...they will be back, with a very short term memory...

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16133

Weakest type of post one can make on this topic.

The reasoning makes no sense because the premise doesn’t lead to the conclusion.

Why bring up a 50k gym bag when you already acknowledged he got paid millions?

You don’t think millions are enough to do your job?

You think it takes a 50k gym bag to push him over the edge?

And what risk are you talking about?

The player gets paid to do a job and nobody offers a promise to, nor is anybody obligated to provide a “fair” matchup.

It’s entertainment.

We talked about this KVB...these guys here at SBR don’t want to believe it. Head in the sand

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

people crying fix so immature and losers

Frustrated Bettors

Harden hit tough shots at end

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16133

if you can bet it, it can be fixed a certain way. It has been and always will be

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

People saying it's fixed are 100% wrong. Here's an example lebron brings the best tv ratings in the playoffs. Doesn't even make the playoffs. Also the finaly has been ending in like 4 or 5 games almost every year by him getting swept or just winning 1 game. Neither outcome helps the NBA make money. Curry missing the dunk last night in an overtime down by 5 with under 30 seconds left was not scripted. Every player would have had to be payed off and all the crazy shots that went in. I doubt the nba players can choose when they can make any shot they want at any time.

First 1234 Last