Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Paul George and Westbrook is the worst star duo in NBA history.

Out in 5 again. First round exit. Last year, everyone’s excuse was that Melo ruined OKC. Now what’s the excuse? A Portland team missing their best frontcourt player. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen a worse star duo in history. How many consecutive first round exits is that for Paul George? He’s one of the biggest losers in history, along with Russ.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Ouch. Hard to argue with tho.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Actually the nurkic injury made it easy for Portland. They just kept shooting

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Early in the series I wasn’t sure that would be the case, okc was dominating points in the paint, didn’t matter tho.

Goat Milk

Either way, George and Westbrook up 15 w 5 minutes left in an elimination game. I really don’t see how any 2 players of that level can lose under those circumstances.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Either way, George and Westbrook up 15 w 5 minutes left in an elimination game. I really don’t see how any 2 players of that level can lose under those circumstances.
    Holy shit it got up to 15? It was 9 I think when I went outside to smoke w bout 4 minutes left. Figured my Portland ml was toast, lol.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

George is a great ft shooter. He missed both and then for some reason Russ has the ball on the last possession when they were letting George take care of things down the stretch. Unreal

2daBank

George is a great ft shooter. He missed both and then for some reason Russ has the ball on the last possession when they were letting George take care of things down the stretch. Unreal
    Isn’t that why KD left? Cause Russ always hogging ball at the end?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Holy shit it got up to 15? It was 9 I think when I went outside to smoke w bout 4 minutes left. Figured my Portland ml was toast, lol.
    Yeah. It’s almost impossible to lose a playoff game under those circumstances. Somehow it happened

Goat Milk

Don’t even know what to say about those two guys anymore. I’ve never seen anything like this in history from players of this caliber.

2daBank

Yeah. It’s almost impossible to lose a playoff game under those circumstances. Somehow it happened
    You like Houston to close the Jizz out 2marro goaty?

Goat Milk

You like Houston to close the Jizz out 2marro goaty?
    Houston will finish them

2daBank

Houston will finish them
    I just pounded a rockets/capitals ml parlay, paid bout +109., love it!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29010

Just saw on SC teams in NBA were 623-2 when up 15+ with 7 min left

Wow

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post

Wow
    Fair to say they might have choked?

Lmao

Crazy stat.,

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post

Wow
    that seems off

2daBank

Goaty I expect some in depth breakdowns and picks to win the next rounds!!

Holy crap, bucks and craptors awful big favs! I was thinking those series were closer to coin flips!! We need your NBA expertise here goaty!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29010

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    that seems off
    Dont think so just on SC

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

They have been pretty bad together. To be fair, their supporting cast is awful.

What about Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury. Whose bright idea was it to pair those two guys.

Carmelo and Iverson failed pretty bad, that was near the end of Iverson's career though. Those guys just weren't meant to play together.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    They have been pretty bad together. To be fair, their supporting cast is awful.

What about Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury. Whose bright idea was it to pair those two guys.

Carmelo and Iverson failed pretty bad, that was near the end of Iverson's career though. Those guys just weren't meant to play together.
    I don’t even recall AI and melo being on same team, memory shot! lol. That doesn’t even sound like it would make sense tho!! Lol.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Karma once again gets the better of Westbrook and his tendencies to force his fellow teammates to play the game in such a manner so as to protect his rebounds average per game so he can average a stupid triple double... sagging off his man in defense to try and get a long rebound to start a fast break if his guy ends up shooting and missing. stat padding loser can pad his off season now that it has started after another first round 5 game exit!

Lilliard has ended a series with a nasty shot twice now in his career! Wasn't the other one in a game 7? If I recall correctly.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Goaty I expect some in depth breakdowns and picks to win the next rounds!!

Holy crap, bucks and craptors awful big favs! I was thinking those series were closer to coin flips!! We need your NBA expertise here goaty!!!
    ride the Bucks until they fail to cover a full game spread.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    ride the Bucks until they fail to cover a full game spread.
    Really? Just cause they beat down a crappy ass pistons team??

Honestly I feel like facing Boston gonna be a big fat taste of reality. Not saying they can’t beat the Celtics but the price feels incredibly high so I’m assuming they gonna be laying a pretty substantial number at home??

I’m way more likely to be taking Boston for a win in milw. I’m still far away from deciding that but just my initial feelings about it.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Honestly I feel like facing Boston gonna be a big fat taste of reality. Not saying they can’t beat the Celtics but the price feels incredibly high so I’m assuming they gonna be laying a pretty substantial number at home??

I’m way more likely to be taking Boston for a win in milw. I’m still far away from deciding that but just my initial feelings about it.
    YES, they are a young, hungry team who haven't been in the position of top seed in the playoffs yet and they haven't experienced a bunch of playoff series success so far. that's why they just keep on playing and coming at you until you give up. they didn't try for a half in game 4 only down 6 and could've won by 35.

they had very few letdowns in the regular season in an NBA today where teams do it left and right all season long.. take a night off... play and just outscore a big underdog. Bucks blew teams out all season long.

you don't play the spread on the big favorites for teams who have been there done that... warriors blew game 2 thinking it was over. blew the ML too. Houston up 3-0 couldn't find a way to just dominate the 4th game and end it... been there done that, will end it in 5 at home.

play the hungry teams who don't know any better yet.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

maybe the angle is take game 1 unders in Boston playoff series. Teams will be testing the waters out vs the opponent early on... both teams will be facing a team who can play better defense than they faced in the first round. I see lots of 3's missed in game 1.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Why do we consider Paul George a star?

He's a glorified Demar DeRozan

Butler, Davis, Booker, Durant, etc theres 8 other guys better or same as him

He gets points, like Westbrook. Great. He's an all star player but he's not the elite SF or SG in the league and I don't think he's top 8, much like RW, I don't think he's top 8 either.

They were just overhyped. Ppl thought OC had 2 of the top 10 players in nba, they don't. They have 2 of the top 25, like 10 other teams.

2daBank

maybe the angle is take game 1 unders in Boston playoff series. Teams will be testing the waters out vs the opponent early on... both teams will be facing a team who can play better defense than they faced in the first round. I see lots of 3's missed in game 1.
    Definately makes sense. Depending on number of course.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Definately makes sense. Depending on number of course.
    def won't be as easy as game 1 vs the Pacers but seems like a decent bet

2daBank

YES, they are a young, hungry team who haven't been in the position of top seed in the playoffs yet and they haven't experienced a bunch of playoff series success so far. that's why they just keep on playing and coming at you until you give up. they didn't try for a half in game 4 only down 6 and could've won by 35.

they had very few letdowns in the regular season in an NBA today where teams do it left and right all season long.. take a night off... play and just outscore a big underdog. Bucks blew teams out all season long.

you don't play the spread on the big favorites for teams who have been there done that... warriors blew game 2 thinking it was over. blew the ML too. Houston up 3-0 couldn't find a way to just dominate the 4th game and end it... been there done that, will end it in 5 at home.

play the hungry teams who don't know any better yet.
    I feel like that a double edged sword tho, sure they don’t know any better but they also in for a kind of series they haven’t really experienced against a team w championship aspirations and understands what this series will be like.

I dunno what the speeds gonna be so hard to say, just judging off hearing they -300 for series (I haven’t even looked just heard them say this on sportscenter) makes me think they gonna be laying 7/8 at home. If that the case there just no freaking way I’ll be on them and most likely be on Boston to at least cover 1 of 1st 2, good chance I’ll look at taking celts ml.
    Last edited by 2daBank; 04-24-19 at 03:29 AM.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

I feel like that a double edged sword tho, sure they don’t know any better but they also in for a kind of series they haven’t really experienced against a team w championship aspirations and understands what this series will be like.

I dunno what the speeds gonna be so hard to say, just judging off hearing they -210 for series (I haven’t even looked just heard them say this on sportscenter) makes me think they gonna be laying 6 to 8 at home. If that the case there just no freaking way I’ll be on them and most likely be on Boston to at least cover 1 of 1st 2, good chance I’ll look at taking celts ml.
    yeah that's why you have to take advantage of it in the first round when the overwhelmed 8 seed who is also missing it's star... it was a great situation to ride the favorite in

boston is another story for real

2daBank

yeah that's why you have to take advantage of it in the first round when the overwhelmed 8 seed who is also missing it's star... it was a great situation to ride the favorite in

boston is another story for real
    No doubt. I played bucks twice so did ok that series. Playing pistons never crossed my mind, lol.

Nba playoffs is square city, not a time to be cute! Lol. Been awhile since round 2 in the east brought uncertainty, the guys who love it rightfully are excited, im just bummed there no obvious better team to keep betting and chasing to win money! Lol.

That’s ok tho, I’m just gonna adjust my strategy to treat it more like hockey where I mostly look for dog wins in series I believe are gonna go 6/7 games!

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

No doubt. I played bucks twice so did ok that series. Playing pistons never crossed my mind, lol.

Nba playoffs is square city, not a time to be cute! Lol. Been awhile since round 2 in the east brought uncertainty, the guys who love it rightfully are excited, im just bummed there no obvious better team to keep betting and chasing to win money! Lol.

That’s ok tho, I’m just gonna adjust my strategy to treat it more like hockey where I mostly look for dog wins in series I believe are gonna go 6/7 games!
    game 1's in the East outside of Bucks gave us 2 outright dog wins and Indiana was in position to win a low scoring affair until Boston turned up the defense and ended up covering 8

boston falling behind early by 10 or so and getting nice live spread numbers vs bucks would be hard to lay off of with their ability to turn games around

so hard to go against the bucks right now

i'm looking at other series more ... don't think Spurs get it to 7 as well. they are done

2daBank

game 1's in the East outside of Bucks gave us 2 outright dog wins and Indiana was in position to win a low scoring affair until Boston turned up the defense and ended up covering 8

boston falling behind early by 10 or so and getting nice live spread numbers vs bucks would be hard to lay off of with their ability to turn games around

so hard to go against the bucks right now

i'm looking at other series more ... don't think Spurs get it to 7 as well. they are done
    I decided to chase spurs for a win in Denver the opening 2 games and lucked out they took gm 1 so that was it for me. Then I took Denver in gm 4.. that was it for me that series and don’t see me making another play. I get what I want out lot of these series the 1st 4 games then I get out of dodge! Lol.

I did lot of fav ml parlays w 1st round and have laid points several times in the GS series (mixed results). But these upcoming east series I see myself doing what I do in nhl and playing the road dog ml’s to get a win. Then flipping and doing same when series moves in 3/4. We see how it goes but right now that what I’m leaning to doing, playing celts spread /ml till I cash in milw. Then if that works switching to bucks to get 1 in Boston or gm2 if celts get gm 1. Same in Toronto I’ll prob look at sixers spread till I cash 1.

Only problem w this theory is home court means a lot more in nba than it does hockey! Lol. Could very well be 2-2 after 4 cause home teams win all those games. That how im looking at those 2 series tho, I believe both are going 6 or 7 so will be betting it to be 2-2 after 4.

2daBank

Holy cow. I just saw the final shot by lillard. He seriously ran down clock and just chilled knowing that the shot he wanted! From 8-10 feet behind the line?? Lol: crazy.

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Out in 5 again. First round exit. Last year, everyone’s excuse was that Melo ruined OKC. Now what’s the excuse? A Portland team missing their best frontcourt player. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen a worse star duo in history. How many consecutive first round exits is that for Paul George? He’s one of the biggest losers in history, along with Russ.

Paul George is a massive Loser. The facts are the facts.

12 Last