JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Crypto questions

Couldn't find the cryptocurrecy thread.

When trying to deposit to books via crypto currency. Do sites like coinmama usually charge a $5 fee to send to wallets like blockchain?

I'm trying all of this out for the first time and between all of the transferring, the book is only getting like 95$...but I originally bought 100$ of ETH.

Also, what options do I have of withdrawing funds from betonline to the same US bank account I used to purchase the coin? It seemed to work fine so I assume my bank would be ok with me receiving directly to my checking account. Thanks!

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Coinmama and sites that allow credit card / debit card are high risk thus their fees are often 10% or more. If you want low fees try Gemini, Coinbase, cashapp, or localbitcoins.

If you want to sell bitcoin you can sell for cash deposit on localbitcoin or sell to an exchange like coinbase or gemini who will deposit the USD to your account after you withdraw.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25486
    Points Awarded:

JayLA gave pablo222 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Coinmama and sites that allow credit card / debit card are high risk thus their fees are often 10% or more. If you want low fees try Gemini, Coinbase, cashapp, or localbitcoins.

If you want to sell bitcoin you can sell for cash deposit on localbitcoin or sell to an exchange like coinbase or gemini who will deposit the USD to your account after you withdraw.
    Thanks I tried Coinbase but being in Colombia right now, they couldn't help me.

yea, I tried Gemini and they're not accepting new accounts from Colombia, either...
    I guess I have to try other low fee places. Why is Coinmama "high risk"?

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Thanks I tried Coinbase but being in Colombia right now, they couldn't help me.

I guess I have to try other low fee places. Why is Coinmama "high risk"?
    Coinmama is fine for the USER. They will send you bitcoin/ethereum. Coinmama themselves are dealing in a high risk business thus their fees are high.

Anyone who buys with credit or debit card can file a "did not authorize dispute" with their CC company. If they lose, Coinmama cannot recover those funds since crypto is irreversible. Lot of scammers in the world.