gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Who wins a tie breaker between Pistons/Hornets/Heat

Who wins a tie breaker between Pistons/Hornets/Heat?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

• If teams have equal overall records, the first tiebreaker is head-to-head record.
    • If that is tied and one of the teams involved won their division, they receive the nod.
    • If the teams are in the same division and neither won the division, the next tiebreaker is record within the division.
    • If the teams are in different divisions and neither or both won their division, the next tiebreaker is conference record.
    • The next tiebreaker is record against playoff teams in their own conference.
    • We’re getting deep into the weeds now. The next tiebreaker is record against playoff teams in the other conference.
    • The next tiebreaker is overall point differential.
    • If even that can’t settle matters, there’s a random drawing.

Pistons: 39-41 with two games left (vs. Grizzlies, at Knicks). Detroit has the tiebreaker over the Magic and Heat. The Nets and Hornets have tiebreakers over Detroit. The Pistons’ magic number to clinch a spot is three.

Hornets: 38-42 with two games left (at Cavaliers, vs. Magic). Charlotte has tiebreakers over the Pistons and Heat, and trail the season series over Magic 2-1 with one game remaining.

Heat: 38-42 with two games left (vs. Sixers, at Nets). Miami has control of no tiebreakers. The Heat no longer control their own destiny.

from SBNation

gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

cheers

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

Hornet..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Detroit the best of the 3

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The first round of the Eastern conference payoffs will be garbage, nearly every 5-8 will be destroyed

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The first round of the Eastern conference payoffs will be garbage, nearly every 5-8 will be destroyed
    Almost all of it will be garbage. We all know what's going to happen. The only intrigue is Bucks/ Raptors/ Celtics in the East. NBA will be better next season when the Warriors finally disband. San Fransisco will not see a championship... The Harden vs Giannis era will begin. Bucks/ Rockets finals every year.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

thanks . Detroit in next round . 0-4 and GG

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Almost all of it will be garbage. We all know what's going to happen. The only intrigue is Bucks/ Raptors/ Celtics in the East. NBA will be better next season when the Warriors finally disband. San Fransisco will not see a championship... The Harden vs Giannis era will begin. Bucks/ Rockets finals every year.
    Giannis has done nothing his whole career, now all of the sudden he's gonna win 3 or 4 rings? I'd bet against that, for sure.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Giannis has done nothing his whole career, now all of the sudden he's gonna win 3 or 4 rings? I'd bet against that, for sure.
    he's 24yo. I reckon 6 or 7 rings.

europe_baller
    europe_baller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1908

he's 24yo. I reckon 6 or 7 rings.
    He might but not yet..76ers dominated whole game last time and gave it away on few bad shots..semis can be great matchups.. I can see celtics beating bucks in semis.. Also could see sixers beating raps..I think Houston will owe harden and paul like 80 mil per year so not sure how good of a roster they will be able to put together..But once gs breaks up they are team to beat on the west ..but dont trust harden and his iso/everybody standing around basketball..

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by europe_baller View Post
    He might but not yet..76ers dominated whole game last time and gave it away on few bad shots..semis can be great matchups.. I can see celtics beating bucks in semis.. Also could see sixers beating raps..I think Houston will owe harden and paul like 80 mil per year so not sure how good of a roster they will be able to put together..But once gs breaks up they are team to beat on the west ..but dont trust harden and his iso/everybody standing around basketball..
    I didn't say he'd win it this year. I assume he'll improve. Same upside as L.James, better character.

As for Harden, it makes me laugh when people criticize the iso' game. Iso' ball is what the NBA playoffs have been about since it's inception. If you think he's unreliable then that's a fair point.

europe_baller
    europe_baller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1908

I didn't say he'd win it this year. I assume he'll improve. Same upside as L.James, better character.

As for Harden, it makes me laugh when people criticize the iso' game. Iso' ball is what the NBA playoffs have been about since it's inception. If you think he's unreliable then that's a fair point.
    I agree his upside is huge..

There is difference for fan perspective in Dirk iso for example where he would catch a ball and shoot withing 2 seconds from elbow or make a move.. and for harden that dribbles it 22 out of 24 seconds.. Still think they are most dangerous team to beat gs but just saying sometimes is unwatchable and can be unreliable a lot..he got some awful calls last night too..But rockets playing a bit better once they are all healthy and moving the ball more then before..

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

vote pistons

SmokingKing
    SmokingKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1126

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    i think Magic might be the only good lower seed to pay attention to and give maybe the Raptors all they can handle