johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 192

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I don’t like sparty at all this year. I think LSU more talented but they pretty stupid so they prob blow it.
    Agree

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Every team has one game they almost lose, Duke should be fine until they get to the final four against GOnzaga, and its hard to see Gonzaga beating DUke twice in one year.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Every team has one game they almost lose, Duke should be fine until they get to the final four against GOnzaga, and its hard to see Gonzaga beating DUke twice in one year.
    Virginia tech will no doubt b a trendy dawg but duke could win another gm or 2

Won't make the finals tho

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Agree
    Johnny LSU has more Nba talent on that team than almost anyone, they just play so dumb at times. If they had a decent coach they would cruise past sparty, unfortunately they prob make too many mistakes down the stretch and lose but think they will have a decent lead at some point.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

3-1 seems fair either way. no real opinion vs the available prices
    the #1 seed to worry about is virginia

2daBank

Gotta remeber when zags beat duke it was really early and duke’s freshman havnt played a whole lot together yet. That score was a little deceiving tho, zags owned them most that game until slipping up last 6-7 minutes.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    3-1 seems fair either way. no real opinion vs the available prices
    the #1 seed to worry about is virginia
    Quack attack continues playing offense as well as they have recently and they will give uva all they want.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51625

Yes, like others have said, there are many examples where the team who won had their closest call early in the tourney then cruised rest of way - again perhaps they use it as motivation! That said, you can also find anecdotal evidence I'm sure where a top seed escaped and then crumbled soon after - who really knows!

But once more as others have said, Duke, according to the oddsmakers, is still the most likely team to take it down. If the oddsmakers are wrong in that theory, well I'm sure the public will hammer The Field vs Duke and those odds will change before Thursday!

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Yes, like others have said, there are many examples where the team who won had their closest call early in the tourney then cruised rest of way - again perhaps they use it as motivation! That said, you can also find anecdotal evidence I'm sure where a top seed escaped and then crumbled soon after - who really knows!
    But once more as others have said, Duke, according to the oddsmakers, is still the most likely team to take it down. If the oddsmakers are wrong in that theory, well I'm sure the public will hammer The Field vs Duke and those odds will change before Thursday!

Duke has a hard path, I see no value at the current price, Duke has owned Virginia but struggled against UNC and Gonzaga, and they may have to play both.

thomorino

Duke will probably be -2.5 against Gonzaga and pick'em against UNC, if those are the matchups its ridiculous to think there's value at Duke at the current price, Duke would be in far better shape in UNC's spot than as the overall 1 seed.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Duke has a hard path, I see no value at the current price, Duke has owned Virginia but struggled against UNC and Gonzaga, and they may have to play both.
    they did not have Zion in two of the games vs UNC but the games were still close.

Zion is the difference.

they are still the fave because they have the most talent in their starting 5, on paper. Zion takes them over the top.

there are monster matchups the rest of the way hence the odds are all at such + numbers for the favorites to win it all.

you think UNC is looking forward to playing Auburn? oh hell NO !!!

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

they did not have Zion in two of the games vs UNC but the games were still close.

Zion is the difference.

they are still the fave because they have the most talent in their starting 5, on paper. Zion takes them over the top.

there are monster matchups the rest of the way hence the odds are all at such + numbers for the favorites to win it all.

you think UNC is looking forward to playing Auburn? oh hell NO !!!
    Duke had a huge motivational edege against UNC in the ACC championship and the game went to the wire, Auburn is a good team but they have no size.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Gotta remeber when zags beat duke it was really early and duke’s freshman havnt played a whole lot together yet. That score was a little deceiving tho, zags owned them most that game until slipping up last 6-7 minutes.

That Nov game is meaningless today.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    That Nov game is meaningless today.
    No shtttt

I remember dukes first big gm they crushed Kentucky

Everyone thought they could go undefeated

First 12