krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Just a friendly reminder that Magic Johnson traded away Deangelo Russell for cap spac

Lol

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Brook Lopez having a hell of a game tonight also. Randle is playing great in Nawlins...

Lakers have been ravaged by injuries though -that gets lost on people. When healthy they matched up well with the elite of the league, and yet all you hear now is how could anyone think they'd be contenders?

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Done as a strategic move to free up cap space in order to sign PG only for the Lakers to get swerved on when he signed with OKC.
    Magic didn't just wake up one morning and make the decision to trade Deangelo just for the heck of it. How about try telling the whole story instead of obfuscating the facts that were at play.

The Lakers are not my team, but despite their awful luck I think you've got to feel for them as an org. I've been pretty matter of fact in stating for the record that the Lakers would in contention had they acquired a superstar to team up with LBJ. Nobody saw the freak groin injury either which potentially cost LBJ an MVP title this year.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

They actually traded Timofey Mozgov to free up cap space.
    Points Awarded:

ans61201 gave gauchojake 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

REAL DUMB as far as sports...BUSINESS SHARP

GREAT PLAYER THOUGH

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdder View Post
    Done as a strategic move to free up cap space in order to sign PG only for the Lakers to get swerved on when he signed with OKC.
    Magic didn't just wake up one morning and make the decision to trade Deangelo just for the heck of it. How about try telling the whole story instead of obfuscating the facts that were at play.

The Lakers are not my team, but despite their awful luck I think you've got to feel for them as an org. I've been pretty matter of fact in stating for the record that the Lakers would in contention had they acquired a superstar to team up with LBJ. Nobody saw the freak groin injury either which potentially cost LBJ an MVP title this year.
    That's true. He also said he got rid of Russell/ drafted Ball because he needed a leader. Didn't need to say that. ;/

Matt17
    PocketTens on WSOP.com
    Matt17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

My
    Ass
    Got
    Infected
    ​Coach

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Same with Zubac.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Lol
    It’s worse, they traded him away (partially the nic young thing) but mostly to take Lonzo, so you trade away an all star level young player, to draft Lonzo over Tatum. Been saying it for a while, magic resume thus far is baaaad

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdder View Post

The version you’re telling isn’t the correct one. They didn’t need to move Russell to land PG, nor was that the order of events.

Russell was making 5.5 mil per year with the lakers. They did not need to move him to chase PG. they moved him to make way to draft Lonzo 😂🤣😂 and because he fell out of favor with the snitch ordeal

jetsfan2019
    jetsfan2019's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

Lonzo over Tatum will haunt them.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Magic gives up on players too fast

MisterDog30
    MisterDog30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 780

Change of scenery was needed after the Nick Young thing. He couldn't stay in LA after selling his teammate out like that.

diablozz
    diablozz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 415

As a Nets fan, we thank you Magic!

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

DLo is the best player in that draft. Most people knew it.

I wish they kept him and Randal and just traded the rights to ball and traded ingram too. Russell is a pure scorer and playmaker and no one on the lakers can do that except Bron.