1. #1
    wolly
    wolly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-12-19
    Posts: 22
    Betpoints: 60

    The reality of how winners are punished in gambling

    I saw a movie named 21 in 2008 and I remember that there was somone who was brilliant at math and succeded at taking money from the casino. Of course that didn't last long until he was caught and beaten up.
    What happens if you win money in sport betting the same way Ben Campbell did in that movie? Do you get caught?
    Are you left alone without warnings?
    For example in poker if you win a lot of money can you escape from not being harmed with a gun if you played with an aggresive player?
    I'm asking these questions because I thought that in gambling you are not harmed by others if you win.

  2. #2
    eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-07-19
    Posts: 3,680
    Betpoints: 155

    Lol the movie was just that, a movie. This isnít the 1960s where mobs run casinos.

    If you win at a B rated or higher sportsbook the worst that will happen is:
    1) they might delay your payout a week or two
    2) they might reduce the limit you can wager on sports
    3) they may kick you out, but pay you first

    Either way, if you win at a trustworthy book or casino, you get paid.

    Realize in the long run though, over 95% of people lose at gambling.

  3. #3
    Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 28,319
    Betpoints: 63

    You asking a lot of questions around these parts pal. You writing a book damn. Narc?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/18/2019

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/15/2019


  4. #4
    jtoler
    public relations director
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 25,502
    Betpoints: 772

    some years ago when I won quite a bit I started seeing a guy standing against a lightpole on the corner of my street always wearing a suit with a black trench coat over it and a fedora this was always around 9 pm. I would crack the blinds and look out the window he would be just leaning against it a couple days a week for about an hour Id look back he'd be gone. then I started seeing a few of them a day different guys same type dress dark shades then the calls started to come Id answer but no one on the other end. after that came the fedex envelopes 4 in total over the course of 3 months but they would be empty every time, nothing inside any of them. my dog died during this time but I dont chalk that up to anything. I started losing after that and I didnt see those guys any more nor got any more of those type calls and everything went back to normal.

  5. #5
    Purduekev
    Purduekev's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-12-11
    Posts: 214
    Betpoints: 108

    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    some years ago when I won quite a bit I started seeing a guy standing against a lightpole on the corner of my street always wearing a suit with a black trench coat over it and a fedora this was always around 9 pm. I would crack the blinds and look out the window he would be just leaning against it a couple days a week for about an hour Id look back he'd be gone. then I started seeing a few of them a day different guys same type dress dark shades then the calls started to come Id answer but no one on the other end. after that came the fedex envelopes 4 in total over the course of 3 months but they would be empty every time, nothing inside any of them. my dog died during this time but I dont chalk that up to anything. I started losing after that and I didnt see those guys any more nor got any more of those type calls and everything went back to normal.
    Wow, I'm glad I lose all the time. That would give me the creeps.

  6. #6
    Carborundum
    Carborundum's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-07-19
    Posts: 185
    Betpoints: 360

    you are not allowed to win. if you win, at first they limit how much you can bet. if you keep winning, they tell you that you cannot bet there anymore.

    if you gamble in a casino and win, they put you on a list and tell you that you are on private property without permission.

    there are a few sportsbooks that will allow you to bet and win but they do limit how much you can bet. but it is enough for people to make a living.

    so not very many places you can bet and win and no place you can bet and win unlimited.

  7. #7
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 317,651

    Kid movies fake

    Lol get out of your shell

    SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

    $$$$$

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  8. #8
    mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-07-17
    Posts: 1,934
    Betpoints: 284

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Lol the movie was just that, a movie. This isnít the 1960s where mobs run casinos.

    If you win at a B rated or higher sportsbook the worst that will happen is:
    1) they might delay your payout a week or two
    2) they might reduce the limit you can wager on sports
    3) they may kick you out, but pay you first

    Either way, if you win at a trustworthy book or casino, you get paid.

    Realize in the long run though, over 95% of people lose at gambling.
    Why are we telling him lies? We all know this is what really happens:

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/15/2019

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/08/2019

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/18/2019


  9. #9
    eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-07-19
    Posts: 3,680
    Betpoints: 155

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Why are we telling him lies? We all know this is what really happens:

    Classic. One of the greatest movies.

Top