1. #1
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 377,031
    Betpoints: 884

    Barrett Better Than Williamson FYI

    5x more long term upside NBA

    Thank You
    Points Awarded:

    ikid2groove415 gave jjgold 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  2. #2
    ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-18
    Posts: 12,025
    Betpoints: 1184

    Been saying this all along baldy

  3. #3
    WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-19-10
    Posts: 11,616
    Betpoints: 108

    He doesn't have more upside at all. He is less of a risk though. Zion truly is game changing talent. Barrett will be great though and a more balanced franchise would prefer him. The league doesnt have many Zion's but there are quite a few Barrett's.

  4. #4
    ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-18
    Posts: 12,025
    Betpoints: 1184

    Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    He doesn't have more upside at all. He is less of a risk though. Zion truly is game changing talent. Barrett will be great though and a more balanced franchise would prefer him. The league doesnt have many Zion's but there are quite a few Barrett's.
    You Probly 1 of them
    Foos that thought Greg Oden would have a better career then kevin Durant?

  5. #5
    ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-18
    Posts: 12,025
    Betpoints: 1184

    Zion will max out at a Larry Johnson ? How is that game changing ? Barret can be Leonard/ pg13

  6. #6
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 19,891
    Betpoints: 89

    Ok the thing Iíd take away from this thread is that they both play for duke who will win it all if Zion returns

  7. #7
    DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-28-13
    Posts: 9,044
    Betpoints: 794

    A) I have said this all year long

    B) To clarify, RJ is a better basketball player than Zion RIGHT NOW, but clearly Zion is the most intriguing and most potential of any player in the country due to his sheer size and athleticism.

    C) There are several other better basketball players right now, but don’t have as much upside / size / NBA potential so won’t be drafted as high

  8. #8
    DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-28-13
    Posts: 9,044
    Betpoints: 794

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Ok the thing I’d take away from this thread is that they both play for duke who will win it all if Zion returns
    Can’t remember a national championship team with such little experience, such poor 3pt shooting, and such poor FT shooting. So unless all 6 tournament games get called like they’re at Cameron Indoor, I’d be surprised to see Duke win it all.

  9. #9
    ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-18
    Posts: 12,025
    Betpoints: 1184

    Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    A) I have said this all year long

    B) To clarify, RJ is a better basketball player than Zion RIGHT NOW, but clearly Zion is the most intriguing and most potential of any player in the country due to his sheer size and athleticism.

    C) There are several other better basketball players right now, but don’t have as much upside / size / NBA potential so won’t be drafted as high
    How did Vince carter turn out? How many rings ?

  10. #10
    ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-18
    Posts: 12,025
    Betpoints: 1184

    Oh wait a few idiots on here said carter is better when wade lol - thereís a reason why this site is dieing - lololololol - besides guys with 20 names the lack of sports knowledge is embarrassing - Case closed. Peace !!!

  11. #11
    DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-28-13
    Posts: 9,044
    Betpoints: 794

    Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    How did Vince carter turn out? How many rings ?
    No rings, but longest NBA career ever. So I’m confused, what point are you trying to make?

  12. #12
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 19,891
    Betpoints: 89

    Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Can’t remember a national championship team with such little experience, such poor 3pt shooting, and such poor FT shooting. So unless all 6 tournament games get called like they’re at Cameron Indoor, I’d be surprised to see Duke win it all.
    Really u b surprised ???

    Who do u thinks gonna beat them ???

  13. #13
    ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-11-15
    Posts: 3,661
    Betpoints: 4181

    Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    How did Vince carter turn out? How many rings ?
    He turned out as a hall o famer Clearly you can pop those teeth back in and come with a better example

  14. #14
    DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-28-13
    Posts: 9,044
    Betpoints: 794

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Really u b surprised ???

    Who do u thinks gonna beat them ???
    I will answer you once the brackets come out

  15. #15
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 19,891
    Betpoints: 89

    Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I will answer you once the brackets come out
    Ok but if zions back Iím taking duke no matter

  16. #16
    Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 30,182

    Just because this is the new hot take everywhere doesnít make it so. Zion is superior. No chance in hell a team passes on Zion for Barrett. Iíd lay my sack on it. Just like I did for the Pats win. Barrett is solid but he isnít Zion special.

  17. #17
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 19,891
    Betpoints: 89

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Just because this is the new hot take everywhere doesnít make it so. Zion is superior. No chance in hell a team passes on Zion for Barrett. Iíd lay my sack on it. Just like I did for the Pats win. Barrett is solid but he isnít Zion special.
    Does duke win the tourney ?

  18. #18
    Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 30,182

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Does duke win the tourney ?
    No chance.

  19. #19
    Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 30,182

    ...obviously a chance but no. Just not good enough overall.

  20. #20
    JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-14-17
    Posts: 2,517
    Betpoints: 13

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Really u b surprised ???

    Who do u thinks gonna beat them ???
    That's why it's called March Madness, they could plow through the first 2 rounds only to fall to a team like LSU/ Villanova in the 3rd. Teams that supposedly had the best talent didn't even make it past the first round last year

  21. #21
    krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-13-08
    Posts: 17,589
    Betpoints: 4317

    More upside? Lol

    Barrett has 0% bust potential.

    Zion has some.

    But the upside is not even debatable.

  22. #22
    Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 30,182

    Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    More upside? Lol

    Barrett has 0% bust potential.

    Zion has some.

    But the upside is not even debatable.
    Exactly. No one is turning down the potential once in a lifetimer for the bring your lunch pail to work guy.
    Last edited by Cuse0323; 02-27-19 at 03:55 AM.

  23. #23
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 377,031
    Betpoints: 884

    Zion could be great or a bust

    Barrett we know will produce NBA

  24. #24
    sk0002
    sk0002's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-03-15
    Posts: 526
    Betpoints: 5500

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Zion could be great or a bust

    Barrett we know will produce NBA
    retarded analysis, Barrett upside is demarr derozan at his VERY BEST, period. You would be retarded to draft RJ Barrett who is a talent you can find anywhere in the NBA, there are shit tons of players like RJ Barrett in the nba and there's only 1 ZION WILLIAMSON. you'd be so dumb to pass the opportunity of a transcendent talent like ZION for someone who you can find anywhere in NBA like RJ.... come on use your brain.

  25. #25
    sk0002
    sk0002's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-03-15
    Posts: 526
    Betpoints: 5500

    Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Zion will max out at a Larry Johnson ? How is that game changing ? Barret can be Leonard/ pg13
    lol RJ Barrett can be leonard/pg13??? penetrate NO, his maximum upside is Demarr derozan, period.

  26. #26
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 377,031
    Betpoints: 884

    Zion has heavy feet, they will fail him by 5th year and he will have weight issues

    I would not pick him 1

  27. #27
    champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-19-14
    Posts: 696
    Betpoints: 4380

    Zion not only has out of this world jumping ability, his quickness is just as amazing. Iíve seen guards not being able to stay in front of him. Heís shooting 68% at 21 ppg. Heís this generation Shaq.

  28. #28
    danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-22-18
    Posts: 461
    Betpoints: 66

    Left nut said to the right nut that he is better because he hangs lower.

  29. #29
    gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-12
    Posts: 4,179
    Betpoints: 8250

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Zion has heavy feet, they will fail him by 5th year and he will have weight issues
    I would not pick him 1
    +1

    who plays like Zion today? how would larry johnson or shawn kemp do in the nba today? okafor and parker (coincidentially also duke players) have posted excellent numbers consistently and are basically considered worthless by league GM's....... the game has changed so much in the past 5 years. you really need to fit the style (i can think of a couple of exceptions but they aren't remotely like Zion).

    also, college basketball for top draft picks is about playing against players who are far inferior. i would worry that zion falls into this category too.

  30. #30
    IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-15
    Posts: 6,231
    Betpoints: 11840

    Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Zion will max out at a Larry Johnson ? How is that game changing ? Barret can be Leonard/ pg13
    I saw him play at the World Qualifiers over the summer.. he's a guard isn't he? You're comparing him to forwards?

  31. #31
    ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-18
    Posts: 12,025
    Betpoints: 1184

    Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    Zion not only has out of this world jumping ability, his quickness is just as amazing. Iíve seen guards not being able to stay in front of him. Heís shooting 68% at 21 ppg. Heís this generation Shaq.
    Shaq is a generation player - enough with the bs cuz

  32. #32
    eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-08
    Posts: 9,020
    Betpoints: 3384

    I see Williamson as a Shawn Kemp.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/25/2021


  33. #33
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 19,891
    Betpoints: 89

    Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I see Williamson as a Shawn Kemp.
    I see Williamson as a tournament champion

  34. #34
    champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-19-14
    Posts: 696
    Betpoints: 4380

    Let’s look back at some of the poster’s arrogant silly opinions.

  35. #35
    unlearn
    Strong records across the board
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-14
    Posts: 7,789
    Betpoints: 11308

    RJ Barrett wont even be DAngelo Russell. Guy is a loser and can't shoot
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/25/2021


12 Last
Top