Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Lillard +925 to win the 3 pt contest

Lillard will go into Charlotte and beat the Curry brothers in their hometown. Other than Steph, this guy is the best shooter in this competition. Not Seth, not Devin Booker. Not Buddy Heild. None of those other guys. Lillard is a stone cold assassin and I'm not saying he's a lock, but getting him at these odds is ludacris.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Lillard will go into Charlotte and beat the Curry brothers in their hometown. Other than Steph, this guy is the best shooter in this competition. Not Seth, not Devin Booker. Not Buddy Heild. None of those other guys. Lillard is a stone cold assassin and I'm not saying he's a lock, but getting him at these odds is ludacris.
    Booker won last year

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

just booked my first all star bet ever. Danny green to win 3pt contest . +1500 , his shot is super repetitive if he would catch fire he will be contender .
    Points Awarded:

shadymcgrady gave MrSink 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Kemba is the best spot up shooter of the bunch. He is 3rd best in the league behind Klay and Gordon.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Going with the curry brothers - hometown

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Kemba is the best spot up shooter of the bunch. He is 3rd best in the league behind Klay and Gordon.
    I trust Lillard way more than Kemba. Kemba Walker isn't an all star player imo. Has the guy even won a playoff series in his career?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    just booked my first all star bet ever. Danny green to win 3pt contest . +1500 , his shot is super repetitive if he would catch fire he will be contender .
    Eh. Pass lol. Green has air balled so many 3s in his career, I'd never take him. Plus he's no where near the spot up shooter these other guys are. Guys like Lillard and Steph rarely get spot up chances. When they do, they don't miss often. Danny Green is wide open on almost every shot he takes, and I've seen the guy airball a wide open 3 before. Lillard is drilling 3s 5 ft behind the 3 point line with a guy in his face.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not that I care the 3 point contest is about strength the smaller players tend to wear down, I'd be skeptical Lillard finishes well

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Not that I care the 3 point contest is about strength the smaller players tend to wear down, I'd be skeptical Lillard finishes well
    Yeah man Shaq won this almost every year

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

I like the value.

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

Lillard uses too much legs in his jumper. His performance may be good enough in the first round, but I think it takes a dip later on.

The key to betting 3 point shootout is to look for guys that don't use very much legs in their jumper and can shoot multiple rounds without their legs getting tired.

bryant81
    Update your status

I trust Lillard way more than Kemba. Kemba Walker isn't an all star player imo. Has the guy even won a playoff series in his career?
    Worst logic I've ever heard. What the f**k does that have to do with the 3 point shootout? Players like Kapono, James Jones, and Belinelli win it all the time.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Lol at people saying these guys will get tired shooting threes. If I can handle shooting around at the gym for an hour I don’t think a professional athlete will have much trouble.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Has anyone here ever played actual basketball or shared the court with NBA players? I've played with and against a few ranging from Charles Smith back in the day to Karl Anthony Towns and Jeremy Lin present day. The one thing they all have in common when they play with weekend warriors or rec league guys is they work on their weaknesses, specifically three point shooting. Charles Smith and KAT couldnt miss from downtown when playing against non pros. The notion of any of these players being unable to shoot 3s is a joke. Just about every single NBA player can rip 3s with clean looks

With that being said at this level of shooting, the greatest chance of success belongs to the players with the least amount of variance in their motions. Almost like a golf swing, the repititive motion with the least amount of changing variables has the best chance to find a groove and keep it. Of the names listed Curry and Green have the shooting mechanics with the highest chances of repetitive motion and fixed variables. At +1500 for Green that's an easy bet

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Has anyone here ever played actual basketball or shared the court with NBA players? I've played with and against a few ranging from Charles Smith back in the day to Karl Anthony Towns and Jeremy Lin present day. The one thing they all have in common when they play with weekend warriors or rec league guys is they work on their weaknesses, specifically three point shooting. Charles Smith and KAT couldnt miss from downtown when playing against non pros. The notion of any of these players being unable to shoot 3s is a joke. Just about every single NBA player can rip 3s with clean looks

With that being said at this level of shooting, the greatest chance of success belongs to the players with the least amount of variance in their motions. Almost like a golf swing, the repititive motion with the least amount of changing variables has the best chance to find a groove and keep it. Of the names listed Curry and Green have the shooting mechanics with the highest chances of repetitive motion and fixed variables. At +1500 for Green that's an easy bet
    Juwan Howard couldn't make a 3 to save his life I saw him get crushed by Muresan in a 3pt contest

bryant81
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Lol at people saying these guys will get tired shooting threes. If I can handle shooting around at the gym for an hour I don’t think a professional athlete will have much trouble.
    Laughable comment that shows your lack of basketball knowledge.

Are you comparing shooting around a gym where you are taking your time putting up shots to a 3 point shootout where you have to shoot 25 shots in 60 seconds?

But hey, don't take it from me. Listen to Reggie Miller and Kenny Smith (two guys that know a little something about this) talk about it here (starting at 2:30):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggr03pP_uOY

They say multiple times that using a lot of legs will make you tired especially as you move into later rounds.

Team Duckets
    Team Duckets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Booker has the best value
    Danny Green could be a dark horse.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Booker, good size and strength, and he wants to win stuff like this so people notice him. People who don't think fatigue is a factor the 3 point contest are just stupid.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bryant81

tokyotuna
    tokyotuna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I like it good luck

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Kemba Walker in the 3pt shoot out? That's a good joke. Bertans has been the best shooter in the NBA this season and he specifically asked to compete. NBA said no ..bloody stupid. He & his Euroleague brother would teach these guys how it's done.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Booker is money at 5/1

also like my boy Myles Bridges to win dunk contest

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Kemba Walker in the 3pt shoot out? That's a good joke. Bertans has been the best shooter in the NBA this season and he specifically asked to compete. NBA said no ..bloody stupid. He & his Euroleague brother would teach these guys how it's done.
    Bertans best shooter? Curry is the best shooter in NBA history bro. And you have Klay and KD up there with him. Bertans is no where near an elite NBA shooter. He's wide open on all his shots. Give Curry an open 3 every shot and he'll drill 70% of them.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by bryant81 View Post
    Lillard uses too much legs in his jumper. His performance may be good enough in the first round, but I think it takes a dip later on.

The key to betting 3 point shootout is to look for guys that don't use very much legs in their jumper and can shoot multiple rounds without their legs getting tired.
    Lillard is a big guy bro.... Very very strong. Lillard is much stronger than Devin Booker. It's not close. Look at Lillard's body. The guy is shredded.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by bryant81 View Post
    Worst logic I've ever heard. What the f**k does that have to do with the 3 point shootout? Players like Kapono, James Jones, and Belinelli win it all the time.
    I'm simply making a point about another topic, settle down. It's not that deep.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post

Shady -- Danny Green isn't a good shooter. He wasn't a good shooter when he came into the NBA and Pop molded him into one. He's not a natural shooter. Lillard was a natural shooter in college. Green wasn't. Lillard's motion has been the same for most of his life. Green's hasn't.... Not sure what you're getting at.

Yeah, anyone can win the 3 point contest if they get hot. But I'm not putting my money on Danny Green lmao

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Shady -- Danny Green isn't a good shooter. He wasn't a good shooter when he came into the NBA and Pop molded him into one. He's not a natural shooter. Lillard was a natural shooter in college. Green wasn't. Lillard's motion has been the same for most of his life. Green's hasn't.... Not sure what you're getting at.

Yeah, anyone can win the 3 point contest if they get hot. But I'm not putting my money on Danny Green lmao
    Lillard one of my favorite NBA players, the guy has been a stud since day one despite all of the doubt about playing in a non competitive conference before he got drafted. With that being said he's an in game shooter, not the worst but not the best suited for a contest like this. At +925 though it's pretty tempting, still going with Green

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

I took a chance on Middleton +2000 and Joe Harris +825

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Had the same thought. (would love to have seen JJ Reddick in there)

However, Goat has a valid point, Lillard at better than 9:1 has a lot of value.

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

steph curry cleans this one up.
    easy

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

I like his 3 point shot off the dribble more. I feel like spot up he’s not as strong as some of the others in the contest

SmokingKing
    SmokingKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1126

Steph predicts he'll win it. i'll take his word for it. put your money where your mouth is Curry

curry almost won it last year if it wasnt for booker just had the extra touch i dont expect him to repeat. curry is gonna be little more motivated. im also taking nowitzki for shits and giggles he should be fresh for this contest and may surprise

Frank Mills
    Frank Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damian at 925 is hot !

bryant81
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
    steph curry cleans this one up.
    easy
    Steph has participated 5 times and only won once. It's definitely not "easy".

bryant81
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SmokingKing View Post
    curry almost won it last year if it wasnt for booker just had the extra touch i dont expect him to repeat.
    Steph didn't participate last year.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Money has to be on Booker or Curry.. Proven. One of those 2 certainly have the best chance of winning.

12 Last