AimHigher
    AimHigher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Has Anyone Ever Placed An Oversized Bet By Accident?

One thing I worry about, is accidentally placing a bet that is too large. You know, one of those times when you are rushing to get a bet in at the last minute...
    What happens if you accidentally type an extra digit, or forget the decimal point? Whoops! There goes your entire bankroll in just one bet!
    Thankfully, this hasn't happened to me. Has it happened to anyone else?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

theres usually a confirmation where you have to retype In your password, no?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Bmaker's platform now is very easy to mess up if in a rush or not careful. 1 click shop now.
    Points Awarded:

will caputo gave funnyb25 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

everyone does

no worries right now because small balances

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

If you mean getting hammered as shit after a monster week and you wake up the next morning and see your account is down a few thousand only to realize you made a bet drunk as shit on some game that you now realize isn't the lock you though while you would have blown a .326 on a breathalizer, than yes
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave unde0087 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Yea I have quite a few times live betting. There’s no password required and you’re in a huge rush to get the bet in before the line changes. Smashing that bet now button so much that you blow right past the confirmation button too.

2-3 times I’ve meant to bet like 5$ on a +850 or something just for a fun shot and accidentally bet 55$. They’ve never hit in my favor either.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Yes, have done it a few times. Didn't think about it. Distracted, just clicked Accept.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

yes a few times, I never use heritage's little slide bar in live betting its so close to the ok button and I went to push ok once and the slide bar went to max 500 dollar bet total bs yes the bet lost. another time live betting on 5 dimes though I made a 500 buck bet on winner of 1st set I clicked the wrong guy didnt mean to he was down 2 breaks but he came back and somehow won the set was joao sousa. has happened other times just dont remember which sport

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

did it all the fukkin time at nitrogen

put the decimal in the wrong spot a few times

every bet lost

funny how the miss clicks never go in your favor

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

ive done it on live wagering more than a few times when drinking trying to get a play in fast. It has worked in my favor and against.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Just in poker. This was over 10 years ago and still remember it. Meant to bet 10 into like a 12 pot, bet 100, dude called, was sure he had AA, but he had k8 to my kt with a k on the flop. I won.

scot4
    scot4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2928

few times and lost everyone

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

It happens to everybody. I remember sweating bullets on some MLB game. It was before live betting, so I couldn't lay any of it off. Luckily, I won. On most of my mis-clicks though, I click on the wrong side. I think I've lost every single one of those. Drinking and Internet gambling can be dangerous.

Festoon
    Festoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 422

Quote Originally Posted by AimHigher View Post
    One thing I worry about, is accidentally placing a bet that is too large. You know, one of those times when you are rushing to get a bet in at the last minute...
    What happens if you accidentally type an extra digit, or forget the decimal point? Whoops! There goes your entire bankroll in just one bet!
    Happened to me not long ago...typing in a $75 bet...there was a slight delay and accidentally pressed an extra 5...oops $755...but with 888 you can go to MY BETS and I was able to cancel it...at the cost of $20

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Sure, especially when drunk. Especially in poker. I look like a dick and people take their sweet time to fold my outrageous bet lol

Joey Vigs
    Joey Vigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    theres usually a confirmation where you have to retype In your password, no?
    Meant to quote another post. I agree with funnyb. BookMaker very easy to make a mistake now

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

my friend just did that he lost 400 lol

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

yes was playing pai-gow online, accidentally hit a certain amount for the bet that was WAY more than I was betting.
    I saw it right when it happened and I was pissed. I was hoping for a tie or win....but of course I lost.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Yup, realized error so hedged out of it and paying juice for $500. If I didn’t realize it and didn’t hedge, it would have won. LOL.

housecloud
    housecloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet all in for $1500 once on the Orioles ML..they were a dog on the road..they were ahead for most of the game and then lost.. I was really upset.
    Logged in the next day to make a deposit of like 100 or 200.. but I didnt need to because my account had about 3500 in it... I thought the book made a grading error and was going to be quiet about it... I did more research and realized I accidentally bet first 5 innings. lol.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Yep Marlins 2 summers ago. Was supposed to bet 14 to win 10 but ended up 140 to win 100. The bet hit.

On the other coin I bet UCLA to win the 2 quarter against Wyoming in the 2004 Las Vegas bowl. Bet did not process or something and when I check my graded wagers, nothing there nothing.

I then got on tilt and bet UCla live ML. 2800 dollars. All was going well they were up 2 touchdowns and then muffed a punt off the guys facemask. Wyoming made an amazing comeback after that .

Funny thing is I played poker for 12 hours straight on Christmas Eve the next day and got it all back and then some.

Remember it like it was yesterday

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Placed an undersized bet accidentally Sunday , bet a goddamn $1 on Rams +3.5 to win .69 cents, said I don't bet Superbowls, yet did by accident , simply looking at live action , has an ok button , guess my drunk fingers scrolled over it , submitted .
    Had no idea until Monday looking at account .
    Fukkin lost that stinking $1 as well .

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I have won bets before when I wanted to bet the over and accidentally bet the under.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

I placed on the wrong team by mistake after not paying attention several times over the years. Never an over sized bet I don't think.

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by AimHigher View Post
    Yes but it provided a huge hedging opportunity so it cancelled out.

I sometimes place bets right before start of the game in a rush. IN 2012 fall, when when in the nfl game between denver/san diego i had san diego -1.5. I went to place 1k bet in a rush and didnt realize added extra zero when i confirmed the bet on pinnacle. Soon after i realized the mistake and thought about placing the opposite side but decided to wait hoping i can middle. SD was up by 21 or 24 at half time, i dont rememebr the exact score....i hedged 9k on denver 2nd half line. I thought i was going to be in for a big pay day when denver quickly started 2 scores in the 3rd quarter but denver just kept scoring and scoring and ended up winning the game. i ended up with around 1k loss instead of cashing nearly 20k.

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

I was playing get out of your wager at halftime game at Heritage for the max. Instead of getting out I liked my bet, and decided to hedge in a live bet. I bet the same team again on accident. Went to OT and lost both bets.

vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9896

Too many times in live-betting. Not an extra 0, but betting a position, and forgetting your initial position when you bet that side again later.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Live betting on a certain platform was tough because if you selected "risk" and the price changed it would automatically switch your bet to "to win" so if it was large ml risk, it could have changed by thousands of dollars.