VegasStacker34
    VegasStacker34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 547

If Dolan sells the team to some far leftist this team will go off. Until then no chance of getting stars there.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    NY or Minnesota where do you think any player is going to choose .

They re did the whole arena so learn before you make statements that you have zero clue about.
    Putting perfume on a pig doesn't make it new

I never said any FA was comming to MN, I simply said MN would make the Finals before the Knicks do simply because of the 2 pathetic franchises the Knicks are actually worse

That team has absolutely zero talent and trying to build a team thru FA never works. Even the Lebron to Mia and KD to GSW moves required exceptional talent- world championships in both cases- on the roster to begin with

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Durant is not taking 50 million less 2 play on a unknow team - guys leave bad situations- not good ones -

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by VegasStacker34 View Post
    If Dolan sells the team to some far leftist this team will go off. Until then no chance of getting stars there.
    Doesn’t matter - New York use 2 be a destination- not anymore - who wants 2 deal with that media ?

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Nobody wants to play in NY anymore without being paid a premium. Taxes too high. Between city tax and state tax they lose 13% of salary off the bat just to the wonderful state of NY. NYC is a dieing city, can thank the libtards. They will never be able to build a quality team again.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Durant is afraid of being the guy and can't stand criticism, New York is the last place he'd play.
    Take it to the bank.. KD bringing a championship to the place that hasn't seen one in 40 years

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

holy penetrate this is the worst trade I have ever seen. Knicks have undone all of P.Jackson's good work. Mavs now have the two princes of Europe

I like Hardaway as well -excellent 2-way player with a long career ahead of him.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    holy penetrate this is the worst trade I have ever seen. Knicks have undone all of P.Jackson's good work. Mavs now have the two princes of Europe

I like Hardaway as well -excellent 2-way player with a long career ahead of him.
    and they keep the Kanter contract.... my goodness James Dolan is an absolute asshole.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

id like to know what's so great about madison square garden, place opened in 1968 maybe it's time for a new arena
    Last edited by cincinnatikid513; 02-01-19 at 12:20 AM.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    id like to know what's so great about madison square garden, place opened in 1968 maybe it's time for a new arena
    Manhattan not necessarily flooded with open space to just start constructing new arenas.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Manhattan not necessarily flooded with open space to just start constructing new arenas.
    i get that, it's just funny to me keep hearing people say guys want to come to new york play at msg it's the mecca of basketball the knicks haven't been good in a long long long time

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    i get that, it's just funny to me keep hearing people say guys want to come to new york play at msg it's the mecca of basketball the knicks haven't been good in a long long long time
    The Grizzlies are insisting any team take Parsons in any trade with Gasol. What is wrong with these GM's? They can't get their own players to stay without massively over-paying them and yet they think they can get FA off the open market without massively over-paying them.

IBetYou

Sometimes a GM just wants to undo what the GM before him did so that he may call it his own. Cut his nose off to spite his face.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Smith Jr is a bust just an athlete, Mudiay probably their best PG.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Smith Jr is a bust just an athlete, Mudiay probably their best PG.
    He's much better than Mudiay. He's like Bledsoe; an athletic scoring 1. Better shooter than Bledsoe.

IBetYou

Coach Fizfuck wanted a guard that could score.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

If it was that simple to be a power in the East.... to unload Porzingis.... wouldn't Phil Jackson already of done it? There's no answer to it. Phil's gone now and so is Porzingis.

Still...a lot of work for the Knicks to do. Shi# load actually.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    The lure to be the franchise guy in New York and carry them to a championship is strong. There really hasn’t been anyone who was able to do it. At least not since the early 70s.
    L O L Kd seems like jus the guy to want to take on that challenge and accomplish it. I wish I could legit offer someone good odds on this site via escrow I’d give 5/1 they don’t land two superstars or KD lol

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    L O L Kd seems like jus the guy to want to take on that challenge and accomplish it. I wish I could legit offer someone good odds on this site via escrow I’d give 5/1 they don’t land two superstars or KD lol
    id bet it if I could. whats funny to me is that it took 3 years to give Melo the can yet 3 hours after Porzingis asked to be traded he was on a plane to Dallas

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

Let's not forget KD and Kyrie were on vacation together last summer. Saw them hanging I'm the bahamas.

And for all the guys saying this is a bad trade if your gf tells you she wants out you guys are probably the ones crying to her to stay that you guys can make it work. He wanted out we gave it to him and in the process kept our pick this year gained 2 extra first rounders. This is not a bad move in the long run.

Previous knicks teams would have given up this years pick in a trade we gave up ZERO assets

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Everything I'm reading says Durant is a very good possibility for NY and if he goes some other superstar will join for sure. If that's the case that would be great. I've been a Knicks fan my whole life and they've been disappointing since what like starks/ewing/houston? This would be very cool... and this trade would be one of the best trades the Knicks made in lifetime. What were we going to do with Porzingis just be mediocre for next 10 years. Everyone would want to come play in NY again and they could build a pretty good team. let's see how this plays out.

IBetYou

Irving made it quite clear today (reading between the lines) he's leaving the Celtics. It's not surprising; their chemistry is horrible.

Everyone wants to go to Lakerland. Knicks would be the 2nd option maybe... I thought Durant was intrigued with NY because of KP -but now he's gone... Would help their cause if they got the #1 pick.

Lastly, the Dallas picks wont be in the lottery. KP is not leaving Dallas. No way...

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Lastly, the Dallas picks wont be in the lottery. KP is not leaving Dallas. No way...
    What if porzingis doesnt get back to the player he was before the acl tear? In the stacked west there is a very good chance those picks would be in the lottery

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Knicks gonna have to do it thru the draft because nobody that can make a difference in free agency is going there.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Knicks gonna have to do it thru the draft because nobody that can make a difference in free agency is going there.
    How can anyone say that. Kyrie wants to come home (he is a jersey kid) kd and kyrie would definitely play with each other + hopefully the #1 pick

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

How can anyone say that. Kyrie wants to come home (he is a jersey kid) kd and kyrie would definitely play with each other + hopefully the #1 pick

It may happen I just believe the odds are against it.

30 teams in the league and only a handful of superstars to go around.

IBetYou

What if porzingis doesnt get back to the player he was before the acl tear? In the stacked west there is a very good chance those picks would be in the lottery
    Well he's 7'3 with a massive wingspan and a beautiful jump shot. He's also a youngster, so with today's technology there's a good chance he gets his explosiveness back within the next year (already been cleared to return apparently).

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Do the Knicks have a backup plan if they don't sign those 2?

Alot can happen the next 6 months. What if things turn around in Boston and they end up going to finals? Or KD realizes it would be dumb to leave the Warriors.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Do the Knicks have a backup plan if they don't sign those 2?

Alot can happen the next 6 months. What if things turn around in Boston and they end up going to finals? Or KD realizes it would be dumb to leave the Warriors.
    Youth movement. 95% of the roster is under the age of 26

What I also think people underestimate is legacy. If they were to bring NY a championship they would be king of the city.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Well he's 7'3 with a massive wingspan and a beautiful jump shot. He's also a youngster, so with today's technology there's a good chance he gets his explosiveness back within the next year (already been cleared to return apparently).
    Don't get me wrong he is an immense talent. acl tear isnt the injury it used to be if (big if) he has to adjust his game and play more inside changes a lot of things.

bigtymer56

Youth movement. 95% of the roster is under the age of 26

What I also think people underestimate is legacy. If they were to bring NY a championship they would be king of the city.
    Well the fact the Knicks are a clown franchise kind of negates the legacy thing. It's more effective if you're talking about the Giants or Yankees. Maybe it will affect Kyrie though since he's from Jersey. I feel like only people in the Tri state care about being the king of NY.

You're not worried about what they'll do with tons of cap space and no superstars available to sign?

bigtymer56

Also why would they give up getting to come NY once or twice a season and getting treated like kings for a night when they dunk all over the Knicks.

Superstars seem to love coming to MSG and putting on a show.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Well the fact the Knicks are a clown franchise kind of negates the legacy thing. It's more effective if you're talking about the Giants or Yankees. Maybe it will affect Kyrie though since he's from Jersey. I feel like only people in the Tri state care about being the king of NY.

You're not worried about what they'll do with tons of cap space and no superstars available to sign?
    You must not be from the ny area. Any player that brings a championship to the knicks will be king of the city forever. Those 90's teams are beloved throughout the city and they never won.

If we don't get a superstar that's fine also we will just keep developing young talent. Look at the 76ers all of their young guys coming into their own or golden state

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Only the Knicks would trade there star for a player they could have drafted anyways. Hopefully things turn around. Used to love watching them in the 90s

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It's funny.... all the big names say they have no problem playing in New York. But why aren't they there?

First 123 Last