MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Rewatched AFC Championship...

... well ok, now that the dust has settled.

1- Sutton doesn't deserve to be fired
    2- KC lost that game, NE didn't win it
    3- KC and Mahomes missed 3 critical 3rd down plays in 1st half that could have set the tone
    4- NE converted 85% of 3rd downs, 100% of 3rd downs under 6 yards... a few were results of crazy 1 handed grabs and bizzare occurrence

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't see NE being able to repeat this versus the Rams.

Rams +$$$ is a gift, frankly I am seeing a rather methodical and very gifted team versus an overachieving and rather lucky team.

If the ML gets above 140 I may pounce on it, flight to Vegas....

Views????

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Sutton doesn't deserve to be fired

NE converted 85% of 3rd downs

Solid stuff guy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

dCalvero
    dCalvero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I personally expecting more from Sutton, he just needs more time.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

2nd worst defense in the NFL....

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Chris Jones injury was huge too, he wasn't on the field for most of the 4th and overtime, he's a pro bowl player and their best interior pass rusher.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The Chris Jones injury was huge too, he wasn't on the field for most of the 4th and overtime, he's a pro bowl player and their best interior pass rusher.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by jts1207 View Post

Solid stuff guy.
    KC defense got absolutely shredded with the quick passing game Fats. They would have been better off just crowding the box and daring NE to throw it deep.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post

still bothers me....that was the game right there Imo

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    still bothers me....that was the game right there Imo
    That's just it.... NE was gifted the game. Not from an emotional POV but upon rewatch. Is NE going to shut out LA in the 1st half? Probably not. Is NE going to get that roughing call? No, is NE going to have Sue and Donald out? No, is NE going to go what, 16-20 on 3rd downs? Not probable, is NE going to get 3 straight replays to go their way? Unlikely....

I honestly can't believe that NE won that game after rewatching it. In the moment I understand we all wanted to strangle Reid, but really that game came down to a few overachieving white guys making crazy plays and a few underachieving KC players getting bad calls or fukking up.

I think Rams are more tskented than KC and have the healthier/ superior D with better interior rush. NE short pass game could/ should be hampered. Rams drop 30+ on them....

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    That's just it.... NE was gifted the game. Not from an emotional POV but upon rewatch. Is NE going to shut out LA in the 1st half? Probably not. Is NE going to get that roughing call? No, is NE going to have Sue and Donald out? No, is NE going to go what, 16-20 on 3rd downs? Not probable, is NE going to get 3 straight replays to go their way? Unlikely....

I honestly can't believe that NE won that game after rewatching it. In the moment I understand we all wanted to strangle Reid, but really that game came down to a few overachieving white guys making crazy plays and a few underachieving KC players getting bad calls or fukking up.

I think Rams are more tskented than KC and have the healthier/ superior D with better interior rush. NE short pass game could/ should be hampered. Rams drop 30+ on them....
    just look at the sequence of penalties and spots after the Chiefs went up 21-17... its embarrassing

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

Sutton deserved to be fired 100%, he went to the same package pretty much every time and NE/Brady destroyed it. If you can't see it happening and adjust then you need to be fired. This was a common thread all season for the KC defense.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by jts1207 View Post

Solid stuff guy.
    U play a good game of pool, FatMan.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16133

If if if....if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave Booya711 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gauchojake gave Booya711 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

If KC can address some serious Def which they have had for some time, they will be a good solid team for some time as Mahomes will be rolling for many years in my opinion if he stays healthy

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Crazy third down numbers

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Andy Reid must know absolutely nothing about defense or what's going on on the defensive side of the ball, or he needs to be an offensive coordinator. It's the head coaches job to run the team and make suggestions, what was Andy Reid doing while the Patriots were converting ALL those third downs??? Drawing up new offensive plays???

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

You sure you rewatched the game ?
    In no way shape or form did Chiefs deserve to win that game
    Yards - Pats 524 to 290
    1st Downs - 36 to 18
    Rushing 1st Downs - Pats 15 vs KC 14 rushing and passing
    Sure KC made adjustments at Half , on offense.
    Sutton never adjusted shit all year , he deserves to be fired earlier in the season IMO.
    Chiefs gave up 5 yards rushing per carry for the season , not a game . The entire year , 2 plays and you get a 1st down .
    If not for Brady with 2 INT's , one in the Endzone, it may have been over well wefore OT .
    Honestly think this is an example of seeing what you want to see or seeing what you feel . No way Chiefs deserves that game .
    As for the Superbowl :
    Rams , also give up rushing yards , toward the bottom of the league vs the rush . What will the Pats do ? Exploit it
    Goff is good but not accurate when he needs to be . He's played well but it's the Superbowl . Billy will scheme up a way to try to confuse him .
    But the Pats will try and take away a big out for Goff . They're great at focusing on removing outs to beat you .
    Tyreke Hill - 1 catch , 42 yards
    Kelce - 3 catches , 23 yards
    Mahomes biggest threats was removed from the game , hence the 290 total yards .

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Last time I checked, they also kicked the shit out of the Chargers, you know, the team with the better record??? LOL.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

OP still thinks the Vikings should represent the nfc in the super bowl so take his afc thoughts with a grain of salt

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Last time I checked, they also kicked the shit out of the Chargers, you know, the team with the better record??? LOL.
    Shit never gets old. Why do the Pats get all the calls and all the lucky breaks ??
    Fukking ridiculous 9 SB in 18 years. All fixed.
    They never have great players like OBJ or AB. The only reasonable explanation is it is a conspiracy from the top on down.

looneytunes67
    looneytunes67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

Really? I will take "overachieving white guys" against retarded black guys that make special ed students look like geniuses; aka Dee Ford:

" Wat!!!! I wuz offsides?"

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

History continues with Andy Reid.... guy makes it to the playoffs.... can't ever win BIG GAMES.

looneytunes67
    looneytunes67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Shit never gets old. Why do the Pats get all the calls and all the lucky breaks ??
    They never have great players like OBJ or AB. The only reasonable explanation is it is a conspiracy from the top on down.
    Yeah.....all fixed. Lamest excuse ever. Has nothing to do with getting the most out of the players you have. Right? OBJ and AB are prima donnas. Cancers. Fuk them. What did BElichick do when Randy Moss started mouthing off? Gone! Traded to the Vikings. Discipline, focus, and situational football. Conspiracy? HAters gonna hate!

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Fatty is one of those rare breeds that'll enter the wrong address on Google maps but still get to the intended destination making all the wrong turns and going the wrong way

Guy falls into puddles of mud and comes out with two gold watches all the time

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Why don't guys get angry with the system or the coaches? Quit playing checkers and up the game to chess

Nwe is just like the Spurs, the coaches put their players in the best situations and educate them on game IQ. They don't need the best athletes, they just need players that will listen and learn. Really not that demanding or difficult from a logical perspective

Other coaches in the league try and hide their deficiencies by ignoring the problem and focusing more on their strengths. That's a fatal flaw and I don't see how teams like nwe are to blame

I can't stand belicheat and his lackey Brady but to deny their greatness is foolish. They have been gaming the system for decades like any shrewd person would.

Don't hate the playa hate the game

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Rams all the way! Let’s just hope the best RB in the league doesn’t pull a no-show again.....

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Chargers had a superior defense to the pats offense and decided to play 7DB zones all day which I still can't wrap my head around. Nice to see you on the forum Mag...

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7077

That's a lousy set of points, and adding "white guys" was ridiculous.

Defense was awful and couldn't get key stops.
    Points Awarded:

deltgen gave magpie878 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Rams defense is completely different with Talib back in, with him out, Troy Hill couldn't cover anyone. With Talib it keeps Peters from having to cover the best player and it free up other players. The Pats matched up well with the Chargers defense because the Chargers couldn't stop the run with their best linebacker out and they had no inside rush. The Rams run defense has been great the last 2 games against top running teams.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The Rams defense is completely different with Talib back in, with him out, Troy Hill couldn't cover anyone. With Talib it keeps Peters from having to cover the best player and it free up other players. The Pats matched up well with the Chargers defense because the Chargers couldn't stop the run with their best linebacker out and they had no inside rush. The Rams run defense has been great the last 2 games against top running teams.
    I like their run D and i like the 2 guys in the middle blocking Bradys view on those mid level crossings. Neither KC no SD played any interior pressure or gameplanned to interrupt that interior passing game. LA will adjust to this and make Brady beat then downfield. I don't see the arm strength for that, and like Rams to get several picks.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Dom, is that a Patriots avatar with the Great John Hannah ????? Sure looks like it......Let me know....Thx....

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

When you have a commentator say “I knew the coin flip would be important” something is wrong.

I’d take Rams and under teaser personally. Brady won’t get calls on the biggest stage. Gimme Rams at 10.5 they’ll cover.

DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8007

I just checked the Box Scores at ESPN for the Divisional round and the Conference championship game for the Rams.

They allowed only 50 yards against the Cowboys and only 48 yards against the Saints.

It looks to me like Wade Phillips is getting this D playing their best, so McVay just have to get his plan together on the offense and I can see the Rams beating the Pats.

I mean the stupid ass Falcons jumped ahead 28-3 on the Pats and then allowed the Pats to make the greatest comeback in Super Bowls. If the Pats fall behind like that against the Rams, then it's the curtains for them for sure.

Now that I said that, I just may have to triple up on my bet with the Rams.