MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

What if we just got rid of replay....

Would it be so bad to just let the refs call it as they see it, allow the momentum to carry on, keep the fans happy and assum that in the end it all evens out...

Baseball too

Anyone think the game, thou different in the 80s and 90s, was just better and more well paced?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

fans want the right call, what's pathetic is after replay they still get the calls wrong both football and baseball

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    fans want the right call, what's pathetic is after replay they still get the calls wrong both football and baseball
    That's my point. The replay has become irrelevant because you cannot interpret the rules anymore.

And what's needed to be reviewed, such as PI or Roughing calls you can't review. Those are 15+ yard and 1st down penalties and completely subjective. If those are to be subjective then it's time to once again make the game subject to the eye of the refs.

Can't cherry pick what penalties/ plays are reviewable and what aren't.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

I liked the original Conclusive definition. now with super slow mo, 14 HD camera zooming in and creating pixels that are not there, if a shadow moves across a blade of grass or a muscle twitch perhaps moves a finger tip its conclusive. thats not right

Id give the REFs three full speed looks at what the play is and then if its conclusive ok great change the call. if not move along.