terrible

fkn terrible

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Yeah I'm bored. Flying to Miami instead
    make sure you spend a few hours at Mango's...haven't been there in a bit but holy fukk i love it

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 400

The punt call was correct

The P.I in the saints game was bad

The roughing the passer on Brady when all the defender did was slap Brady's shoulder was bad.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    seahawks steelers super bowl 40

Oh gawd…..don't get me started on that game!

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    haha reading on twitter two of the officials in the saints rams game were from california
    Cavaletto is a lifelong resident of Santa Barbara. ToddPrukop, the back judge, is from Ladera Ranch, California. I know LA's big, but couldn't you find a few non-residents to work this game?
    I thought about somewhat similar angle, who would NFL rather have in super bowl, Saints or LA. I would argue NFL would want LA for several reasons:
    1) Wayyy more $$$ in the population of LA and surrounding areas.
    2) Relatively new team, will bring on new fans in the LA area and establish the team's following more.
    3) 1) A lot of NFL commercials seemed geared for conservatives, maybe NFL feels a lot of their viewership is conservative. LA in the super bowl would increase attention from the very liberal state of CA.

Not surprising the end result. Officiating was awful this season, definitely near "fixing" level. So many games decided by the officials.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

NFL can easily fix this issue by allowing coaches to challenge penalties and non-calls.

It would add way more strategy to the game as well. It would also take pressure off the officials and put it all in the coach to only use your challenges at the most key part of the game.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    NFL can easily fix this issue by allowing coaches to challenge penalties and non-calls.

It would add way more strategy to the game as well. It would also take pressure off the officials and put it all in the coach to only use your challenges at the most key part of the game.
    You'd still have moments where reviewed plays would be too close to call and people would get upset, for example the "did he touch the ball" punt earlier. I agree it would help but it also could greatly slow down games.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Saints player was not open.

Just cause a call happens at the end of the game does not make it automatically worse. If anything as competitors, we should embrace a certain let them play at the end of games...to a degree. The line for me is when you are deliberately committing penalties - and more importantly whether or not you gained a competitive edge due to your penalty.

For example, big games, big moments - error on the side of letting a late hit slide if it's close. The Saints player was not open, with a step and the Rams player held him because that was the best he could do - or something like that. If the Rams player looks back, he might get an INT. It was just a dumb play by The Saints player that should have been called, for sure. In the spirit of the game, it was sort of an okay no call, it you get what I mean...

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

A momentum bad roughing the passer can be soul crushing to a team that is struggling on D in the Third Q, or PI or whatever, just as much a a bad call in the last 2 minutes. We know better guys. Momentum is a crazy thing...

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    You'd still have moments where reviewed plays would be too close to call and people would get upset, for example the "did he touch the ball" punt earlier. I agree it would help but it also could greatly slow down games.
    I think it’s the best and only solution. Honestly, you could call holding on nearly every play if you review the All 22 camera angle. So it’s like giving the offense and the defense a free 1st down to use at a key spot in the game. But you would only get 2 per game.

If you give up a bomb, throw a challenge that your d line was held. But would you ever do that in the 1st half? Probably not. Also, if a team had some bad calls go against it but the coach was out of challenges because he foolishly wasted them early in the game, not many people would still be upset with the refs.

I think the key is to get it right, but also add to the strategy of the game. This to me is the only solution. You can’t review every play.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    They won't fix it because they love this shit. The no call in the Saints game on the interference play and the overturning of the muff punt were two of the worst calls I have ever seen.
    Totally agree on the PI.

They got the muff right.

But the blown PI call decides the game. Reminded me of the phantom PI on the Cowboys vs Steelers in a past Superbowl.

I was on the Rams but that was one of the worse big moment bad non calls of all time.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    terrible

fkn terrible

It was make up for all the PI calls they missed

MisterDog30
    MisterDog30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 780

I say this as a guy who is pro-union.

The unions have ruined officiating in sports.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Too much rides on these idiots to invest any more time into it
    Absolutely correct. Time and money. Just look at these idiots in here going off about who will win the Superbowl, when it may not even be in the hands of the teams. It is difficult enough for people to win wagers on a consistent basis. Just look at the huge number of losers in here. But when you have to go up against referees who make blatantly poor calls like that, and have no way of correcting some of those calls (non-calls), it becomes too much. You losers may as well just send your money to me.

MisterDog30
    MisterDog30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 780

This was the worst year in officiating. The replacement refs were horrendous for those few games, but at least it gave a "professional wrestling" funny aspect to officiating.

The Roughing the Passer problem early in the year was killing games before the league stepped in.

More than any other sport, NFL Refs can swing outcomes. Every play in football has a penalty of some sort. It really seems like these guys just throw flags because they haven't for a while. Or to make games more competitive.

The first problem to address is Pass Interference. It should be a maximum ten yard penalty.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Last edited by shadymcgrady; 01-21-19 at 05:15 PM.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    Still is amazing they missed that?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

What amazes me is the number of guys who are so desperate that they will continue to wager on trash like this. Vegas will use you guys to the hilt.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    snapshot feature unavailable on current sbr interface format. frustrating, need to update, get off yer arses in costa rica and do some work!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Who’s winning ?

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

How the fck was that a personal foul in the 1st quarter for hitting the running back on the Patriots? Another terrible call goes New England's way lol

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

That was as bad a call as we've seen all year. CBS of course never said a word. Notice Nantz at first said "penalty not on the tackle" then had to correct himself.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    How the fck was that a personal foul in the 1st quarter for hitting the running back on the Patriots? Another terrible call goes New England's way lol

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    That was as bad a call as we've seen all year. CBS of course never said a word. Notice Nantz at first said "penalty not on the tackle" then had to correct himself.
    lol I know right the shit they have to say to defend the bs calls.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but the officials last night were again awful on most of the key calls. (I had NE ML, so was not on Rams).

First quarter, BS personal foul on the tackle on the running back. One of the worst calls of the year. Pats would have been 3rd and 22 inside the 15, instead first down at the 40.

Third quarter, tied 3-3, Rams bust a 20-yard run to midfield. Holding call. Total BS. Romo even said so on the broadcast. There was no hold. Huge play because Rams would have been 1 first down from FG range and the lead.

Fourth quarter, Gronk's catch inside the 5. As another poster said, he was down at the 4, they placed the ball at the 2.

Last drive for NE, the 3rd and 1 run was a clear half-yard short, when they measured it was an inch short. That play should have been reviewed under 2 minutes and placed back even though they didn't get the first down. The spot was wrong.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

They owe the Saints and Chiefs in future years. They owe them big time.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

It's beside the point now but the Right Tackle for LA jumps 90% of the time before the snap .
    He did it all year long , Chiefs game they missed it on the game winning TD , full half second before the snap , postseason , play after play , he starts a fraction before the snap .
    How many times did he get penalized ?
    Once , noticed they called him for one last night and that's it .
    Sure if it's bang bang but you clearly see him move before the snap damn near every play all season yet officials very seldom call it .
    There was missed helmet to helmets last night , twice on the Rams , holding on several passes as well .
    Nobody wants the officials to win the game for a team but they were atrocious this season .
    They missed calls on both teams last night .

First 12