leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Kotov +119 Germany Challenger

This kid came outta nowhere and is killing right now. I've watched his last couple of games and theres no way he is losing to some noname clay-courter. Hes got nice contracts behind him i.e. Fly Emirates, FedEx, Peugeot so motivation is in check.

$350

Cheers, L33T.

ThinkingTrip
    ThinkingTrip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I have been following this tournament, and have been booking Kotov every match as an underdog so far. He is a young talent, and will rise in the rankings the next 2 years without a doubt. He got great mentality and nice variated strokes from both sides.

He is playing amazing, but so is Ortega-Olmedo. A spaniard with a onehanded backhand, who havent really produced anything worthing before this tournament imo. Here in Germany he is playing the tennis of his life tho. The onehanded backhand have been on point for him, and his forehand is a dangerous weapon. To be honest, I am having a tough time, siding either of those, because they have both been brilliant so far, but would give Kotov the slight egde for being the more talented of the 2.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingTrip View Post
    I have been following this tournament, and have been booking Kotov every match as an underdog so far. He is a young talent, and will rise in the rankings the next 2 years without a doubt. He got great mentality and nice variated strokes from both sides.

He is playing amazing, but so is Ortega-Olmedo. A spaniard with a onehanded backhand, who havent really produced anything worthing before this tournament imo. Here in Germany he is playing the tennis of his life tho. The onehanded backhand have been on point for him, and his forehand is a dangerous weapon. To be honest, I am having a tough time, siding either of those, because they have both been brilliant so far, but would give Kotov the slight egde for being the more talented of the 2.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Couldn't get past Kotov either in this spot. Played great tennis throughout entire tournaments vs serious opponents for this level. And they way he fough through Tabarner (playing some of his best tennis) yesterday, was super impressive. Proving also that he has some mental toughness that is rare to come by on challenger tour. I mean, 20-year old, failing to close two break lead in first set mostly losses second one 6-1 or 6-2. But not him.

As Thinking trip said, Ortega-Olmedo is playing really good as well. And downgrading him here because he's mostly a clay courter is not a good move, because this surface in Koblenz is super slow. Has a little bit of carpety feel, when I watch these matches. Allows guys like Ortega Olmedo to set their feet and take a big swing at the ball.

Bottom line, imho, Kotov should be favored in this one and we are seeing a very good match so far out of both.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

@ ThinkingTrip

Great insight thx for your post. Don't hesitate to share more.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lee your a compulsive gambler

God Bless