LANCYHOWARD
    LANCYHOWARD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Butt f.....ed by bovada

Edit by SBR: Hi Lancy,

Please check your account - Bovada has returned your bet.

---------------

Hello (my first post)
    Let me set the stage. I'm 75 and have been betting sports for 50 years and still don't know how to win or how to quit.
    my ave loss approx. 1kplus a month. Not proud, but, its entertainment and I can afford that. I like the gimmicks or the also called sucker bets. Multi-team parlays and teasers. I know I take the worst of it but its fun.
    Here's the scenario:
    On Wednesday Dec.26 I bet a 5 team 13 point teaser for $100. For those that don't know, it takes 4 teams to make a qualifying 13 point teaser. It can be more but not less than 4 teams. Prior to getting fully underway, a unique and very rare thing happened. Two of the 5 plays were Boise State and over. THEY GOT RAINED OUT. (An act of God).
    That left three legs. An obvious non-qualifying bet. I lost one of the remaining three legs but to me that was inconsequential as I was sure I had no bet. If I couldn't win a bet, then I couldn't lose one.
    Bovada ruled that I had to win the other three legs just to get my bet back. WTF? I was stunned and felt they would see the error and make it right.
    We exchanged about 6 e-mails and they wouldn't budge. I used baseball betting as one example. I said that if I bet over 8 in a baseball and my team scored 12 in the first and the game rained out (an act of god) prior to 8 and a half innings than I had no bet. UNLUCKY. Conversely if I bet under 8 the result would be the same. LUCKY.
    Whats the difference.
    They just didn't get it.
    They quit talking to me. For $100 they lost a good customer. Ironic thing about this is I bet the last $500 I had in my account on Notre Dame. Loser. It would have been six and I would be depositing more $$ if they had returned my bet. Perhaps I'm getting senile, but, does anyone see this any other way?
    Last edited by SBR Forum; 01-16-19 at 01:28 PM. Reason: added reply

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

Had the same problem with BOL. Dumped their ass. If you can't win a bet but only lose a bet through no fault(didn't pick a winner)of your own it should be voided right away.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

I’m not familiar with the specific rules of your bet but I do know bovada sucks. Stick with Bookmaker and Heritage. I’m sure Heritage will have that bet option. Go on to chat and ask them how they would grade it in that situation. Stick to the best books. Just saves yourself the headaches

vinnykal2323
    vinnykal2323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I’m not familiar with the specific rules of your bet but I do know bovada sucks. Stick with Bookmaker and Heritage. I’m sure Heritage will have that bet option. Go on to chat and ask them how they would grade it in that situation. Stick to the best books. Just saves yourself the headaches
    Not to get off subject, but does Bookmaker have Bet Builder?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Bovada touched him in the buttocks region and he enjoyed every bit of it.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by vinnykal2323 View Post
    Not to get off subject, but does Bookmaker have Bet Builder?
    I’m not sure what that is. Is it like open parlays? If so then only adding 1-2 open games

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Don’t get it I always thought a parlay if a game was cancelled they would pay you on the other 2

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Coolcanuck79
    Coolcanuck79's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24302

Right, if a 4 leg parlay/teaser pushes, it reduces it by one leg. However, your situation is interesting. I often bet those "sweetheart teasers" that are 10 pt for 3 teams or 13 pts for 4 team and nowhere have I seen wording about settling a push. Maybe I missed it but that is a unique scenario.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Bovada touched him in the buttocks region and he enjoyed every bit of it.
    leave it to Eddy. Where you been hiding Eddy?

vinnykal2323
    vinnykal2323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I’m not sure what that is. Is it like open parlays? If so then only adding 1-2 open games
    Its the Bet Builder platform where you can parlay player props. 5dimes, youwager, heritage and betonline has it, but 3 of the sites have put limits on me. I was looking for other top rated books that have it.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

If the 3 teamer wouldn’t be a winner with reduced odds then should be a refund. Shitty situation. Bovada has graded things oddly in past for me as well, probably my biggest gripe besides their damn deposit fees

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Ask them this. If all 5 games were cancelled due to rain would the bet be refunded?

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

Sweetheart Teaser Rules

1. 3 team 10 points and 4 team 13 points Sweetheart Teasers never reduce. A ‘No Action’ result in a 3 team 10 points or 4 team 13 points Sweetheart Teaser will result in the entire wager being settled as ‘No Action’, provided all remaining legs are settled as a ‘Win.’
    2. A 4 team 10 points and any 5-10 Team Sweetheart Teaser will reduce with a ‘No Action’ result and your odds will be adjusted accordingly. Sweetheart Teasers with multiple ‘No Action’ results may be subject to rules 1 and 2.
    3. A ‘Push’ in any Sweetheart Teaser will result in the entire wager being settled as a ‘Loss.’
    4. A ‘Loss’ in any leg of a Sweetheart Teaser will result in the entire wager being settled as a ‘Loss.’
    5. For Cross-Sport Sweetheart Teasers, the payout will be determined by the table with the lower value. For example:
    If a teaser has 5 College selections and 1 NFL, then the NFL payout will be used.

VeggieDog

Wouldn't this be covered under Rule #2? There was "No Action", so it reduced to 3. You lost one of the 3, so the bet was graded as a Loss.

I'm terrible at this kind of thing, so I may be reading it totally wrong. Just trying to understand why they did what they did.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

only thing I can think of is Bovada must have reduced your wager to a 4TM 13PT teaser after the Boise ST game was cancelled...I'm just curious if you had won those games if they would have paid you the full amount of the winnings with the customary (-120) juice or whatever it is at Bovada.

LANCYHOWARD

Thanks for the positive feedback. Started to question my own thoughts. Not too much thou. I like suggestion about asking them "what if all five get rained out?" Or even 3 or 4 for that matter. It just seems obvious its a no-bet. However, they're doing me a favor. They won't talk to me. LOL. I would have been slaughtered in on New Years. Nice public relations department.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Sweetheart Teaser Rules

1. 3 team 10 points and 4 team 13 points Sweetheart Teasers never reduce. A ‘No Action’ result in a 3 team 10 points or 4 team 13 points Sweetheart Teaser will result in the entire wager being settled as ‘No Action’, provided all remaining legs are settled as a ‘Win.’
    2. A 4 team 10 points and any 5-10 Team Sweetheart Teaser will reduce with a ‘No Action’ result and your odds will be adjusted accordingly. Sweetheart Teasers with multiple ‘No Action’ results may be subject to rules 1 and 2.
    3. A ‘Push’ in any Sweetheart Teaser will result in the entire wager being settled as a ‘Loss.’
    4. A ‘Loss’ in any leg of a Sweetheart Teaser will result in the entire wager being settled as a ‘Loss.’
    5. For Cross-Sport Sweetheart Teasers, the payout will be determined by the table with the lower value. For example:
    If a teaser has 5 College selections and 1 NFL, then the NFL payout will be used.
    just got done posting this!......if that is Bovada's rules, then they graded it right and accordingly...unfortunately, that sucks for the OP...had the rest of his teams won, then he would have been paid for a 4TM 13PT teaser...

LANCYHOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by veggiedog View Post
    sweetheart teaser rules

1. 3 team 10 points and 4 team 13 points sweetheart teasers never reduce. A ‘no action’ result in a 3 team 10 points or 4 team 13 points sweetheart teaser will result in the entire wager being settled as ‘no action’, provided all remaining legs are settled as a ‘win.’
    2. A 4 team 10 points and any 5-10 team sweetheart teaser will reduce with a ‘no action’ result and your odds will be adjusted accordingly. Sweetheart teasers with multiple ‘no action’ results may be subject to rules 1 and 2.
    3. A ‘push’ in any sweetheart teaser will result in the entire wager being settled as a ‘loss.’
    4. A ‘loss’ in any leg of a sweetheart teaser will result in the entire wager being settled as a ‘loss.’
    5. For cross-sport sweetheart teasers, the payout will be determined by the table with the lower value. For example:
    if a teaser has 5 college selections and 1 nfl, then the nfl payout will be used.
    wow! There it is! You can't win. It's a no-bet! But still need to win all 3 re-maining games to get your $$ back!!

LANCYHOWARD

Would only have gotten bet back! No profit possible.

LANCYHOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    only thing I can think of is Bovada must have reduced your wager to a 4TM 13PT teaser after the Boise ST game was cancelled...I'm just curious if you had won those games if they would have paid you the full amount of the winnings with the customary (-120) juice or whatever it is at Bovada.
    No. Best that could happen, if remaining teams won, is get refunded.

VeggieDog

Look at the bright side, Lancy. You found a new way to lose.

LANCYHOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by LANCYHOWARD View Post
    Maybe I wasn't clear. I also bet the over in Boise game. Lost 2 legs on the rainout.

LANCYHOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Look at the bright side, Lancy. You found a new way to lose.
    Takes' a sick gambler to think that way, and another one to understand and appreciate it.
    thanks V'dog

Da Manster!

no, re-read it...it got REDUCED because of the "no action" clause...meaning that your 5TM 13PT teaser had officially become a 4TM 13PT teaser...if the remaining teams had won, the payout would have been adjusted accordingly...at least that is the way I understand it or read it according to their guidelines.

LANCYHOWARD

no, re-read it...it got REDUCED because of the "no action" clause...meaning that your 5TM 13PT teaser had officially become a 4TM 13PT teaser...if the remaining teams had won, the payout would have been adjusted accordingly...at least that is the way I understand it or read it according to their guidelines.
    Wrong Da,
    I had 5tm 13pt teaser that had 2 plays rained out. Three remained. You can't have a three team 13 pt teaser.
    No action play on a potential win. Still need to win remaining 3 just to get bet back.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Whether within their rules or not that a pretty shitty thing. If 3 teams winning wouldn’t get you a reduced payout (a win) then obviously you should get refunded as they essentially free rolling you never heard of having to hit all your plays to get a damn refund!! Doesn’t seem right.

I only do 6-7 point teasers so not sure on rules of those “sweetheart” teasers., DaManster would be a good guy for you to ask where you should be playing those as he plays them often I believe.,
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave 2daBank 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Da Manster!

Wrong Da,
    I had 5tm 13pt teaser that had 2 plays rained out. Three remained. You can't have a three team 13 pt teaser.
    No action play on a potential win. Still need to win remaining 3 just to get bet back.
    ok gotcha...my bad...you played the total as well as the side...I counted it as one game when in fact it was two...but yeah that sucks you have to win all the other games just to get your money back but not the other way around if you lose...but to be fair, it is listed in the rules and dems da breaks...good luck on your future wagers.

2daBank

ok gotcha...my bad...you played the total as well as the side...I counted it as one game when in fact it was two...but yeah that sucks you have to win all the other games just to get your money back but not the other way around if you lose...but to be fair, it is listed in the rules and dems da breaks...good luck on your future wagers.
    We know how these fukks operate, anything to get as much edge they can. Then they get their panties all in a wad when guys “take shots” at them! Lol

You play these all the time don’t you bro? Do the books you use grade the same on this situation? Or it never happens so nobody really knows till it does? lol

LANCYHOWARD

[QUOTE=2daBank;28306536]Whether within their rules or not that a pretty shitty thing. If 3 teams winning wouldn’t get you a reduced payout (a win) then obviously you should get refunded as they essentially free rolling you never heard of having to hit all your plays to get a damn refund!! Doesn’t seem right.

Just looked it up! Same shitty rule on 2 teamer. Greedy S.O.B.'s. Example; Boise St plus one other team, can't win but could lose. Have to cover only game played to get refund. A real cheap shot.

LANCYHOWARD

I hear ya, but thats really the fine print. I only read as far as the payouts. Plus knowing the rules regarding ties, reducing bets, etc. I know this is very rare. Football just doesn't rain out. I'm equally shocked that they don't give my hundred back and keep me. Bad business decision.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    We know how these fukks operate, anything to get as much edge they can. Then they get their panties all in a wad when guys “take shots” at them! Lol

You play these all the time don’t you bro? Do the books you use grade the same on this situation? Or it never happens so nobody really knows till it does? lol
    yes I do my friend...I play them all the time...and do pretty damn good if I may so myself......and I always post them or any other play on my thread...and the two best books hands in the industry for teasers are 5dimes and Heritage!......great odds and great payouts!...but to answer your question, I've personally never had a unique situation like the OP where two bets got cancelled or no-action...and I've been gambling for over 35+ years since my early teens!...now I did have a situation at Heritage where I played a 5TM 13PT teaser last year in that BYU-LSU game where I had the Cougars getting 24.5 points and the final score was LSU 27 - 0 and I thought I had a loser...but come to find out the game had a change of venue on a neutral field and my wager was refunded!...
    Last edited by Da Manster!; 01-04-19 at 12:36 AM.

2daBank

yes I do my friend...I play them all the time...and do pretty damn good if I may so myself......and I always post them or any other play on my thread...and the two best books hands in the industry for teasers are 5dimes and Heritage!......great odds and great payouts!...but to answer your question, I've personally never had a unique situation like the OP where two bets got cancelled or no-action...and I've been gambling for over 35+ years since my early teens!...now I did have a situation at Heritage where I played a 5TM 13PT teaser last year in that BYU-LSU game where I had the Cougars getting 24.5 points and the final score was LSU 27 - 0 and I thought I had a loser...but come to find out the game had a change of venue on a neutral field and my wager was refunded!...
    I know you do brother, that why I brought you up as the man to ask. Didn’t realize you were already in the thread as didn’t read all responses! Lol.,

I been doing this a pretty long time myself even before I was playing w books I was getting the paper and picking games and making pool in jr high! Lol: never remember a football game getting rained out/cancelled after it started, seen plenty college games get called off days ahead or even day of usually due to hurricanes but not any that started and didn’t get finished. Def odd situation.

LANCYHOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I know you do brother, that why I brought you up as the man to ask. Didn’t realize you were already in the thread as didn’t read all responses! Lol.,

I been doing this a pretty long time myself even before I was playing w books I was getting the paper and picking games and making pool in jr high! Lol: never remember a football game getting rained out/cancelled after it started, seen plenty college games get called off days ahead or even day of usually due to hurricanes but not any that started and didn’t get finished. Def odd situation.
    Thanks again guys. Especially the Heritage tip.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Hey you're welcome, man. Don't go around lettin Bovada touch you underneath your trousers. You're a grown man dadnummit and you have the right to refuse those advances. Your butthole is your temple.

You remember that, LancyHoward.

1234 Last