LANCYHOWARD
    LANCYHOWARD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Hey you're welcome, man. Don't go around lettin Bovada touch you underneath your trousers. You're a grown man dadnummit and you have the right to refuse those advances. Your butthole is your temple.

You remember that, LancyHoward.
    Guess Bovada thought it was their toy.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

Quote Originally Posted by LANCYHOWARD View Post
    Guess Bovada thought it was their toy.

Well in all fairness you've had a history of being pretty liberal with your butthole and Bovada had no reason to believe they couldn't have a turn in your revolving door of a rear end... Is that fair to say? You just have to refurbishment your reputation a bit by occasionally saying "no" and not letting everyone have a go at your hindquarters. Old habits are hard to break, I get it, but it's a new year and a new you.

LANCYHOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Well in all fairness you've had a history of being pretty liberal with your butthole and Bovada had no reason to believe they couldn't have a turn in your revolving door of a rear end... Is that fair to say? You just have to refurbishment your reputation a bit by occasionally saying "no" and not letting everyone have a go at your hindquarters. Old habits are hard to break, I get it, but it's a new year and a new you.
    Tried to say no. Just couldn't!

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Look at the bright side, Lancy. You found a new way to lose.
    I think he should look at the bright side that he's found a new home in which to shoot the shit with us and compare ideas. We're all against the books here Lancy.

Looking forward to your input.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

So, basically Bovada is sticking to their ruling on this???

No further input from SBR?

What's the moral of the story??? Don't take 4-5 team 13 point teasers?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

Not quite, Tim...it's don't play them at Bovada!...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Never had a problem with that book. They pay out quickly especially with bitcoin. Been on Bovada for years.

LANCYHOWARD

Moral is, its an unfair rule that probably only come's into play about every 50 years. More frequency would probably get it changed. My gripe is Bovada wouldn't review the rule now, see how unfair it is, and rule the play no-bet.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Moral is, its an unfair rule that probably only come's into play about every 50 years. More frequency would probably get it changed. My gripe is Bovada wouldn't review the rule now, see how unfair it is, and rule the play no-bet.
    By 75yo you'd think you might have developed a little bit of personal responsibility.

You did not know or read the rules.

Even AFTER Bovada told you the correct ruling. You still did not care enough to check the rules before starting this thread.

Once someone took the 30 seconds to check the rules, which are very clear, and showed you, you double down and keep calling THEM unfair!!

Have you ever owned a business? How would you feel about making an offer. Giving the customer the clear guidelines only to have them want to publicly trash YOU for not running the business in some way they assumed YOU should?

And lastly, who the hell are you to say the rule is unfair?

The book took the action with the same risk of losing as you. They did not know about voids in advance. Why the hell do you think it's fair that YOU should get out of the risk on the bet you chose without having to win the other legs???

Seriously. You sound like a whiny uneducated 16yo, not a 75 year old with 50 years of betting experience. Who should not only know that this rule is completely fair to both sides but even if it wasn't, you have no leg to stand on if you don't check the rules that YOU agree to.

And yes it is fine to not read every rule, but if that is your choice, you should also accept that you are outa luck the first time you come up against one you didn't expect.

Personal responsibility young man!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I lost one of the remaining three legs
    Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Sweetheart Teaser Rules
    4. A ‘Loss’ in any leg of a Sweetheart Teaser will result in the entire wager being settled as a ‘Loss.’
    Sound like a losing ticket, Lancy.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    By 75yo you'd think you might have developed a little bit of personal responsibility.

Even AFTER Bovada told you the correct ruling. You still did not care enough to check the rules before starting this thread.

Once someone took the 30 seconds to check the rules, which are very clear, and showed you, you double down and keep calling THEM unfair!!

Have you ever owned a business? How would you feel about making an offer. Giving the customer the clear guidelines only to have them want to publicly trash YOU for not running the business in some way they assumed YOU should?

The book took the action with the same risk of losing as you. They did not know about voids in advance. Why the hell do you think it's fair that YOU should get out of the risk on the bet you chose without having to win the other legs???

Seriously. You sound like a whiny uneducated 16yo, not a 75 year old with 50 years of betting experience. Who should not only know that this rule is completely fair to both sides but even if it wasn't, you have no leg to stand on if you don't check the rules that YOU agree to.

And yes it is fine to not read every rule, but if that is your choice, you should also accept that you are outa luck the first time you come up against one you didn't expect.

Never miss a chance to side with the book.

This should have been reduced to a three team teaser and graded as a loss.
    Points Awarded:

ans61201 gave Emily_Haines 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post

Never miss a chance to side with the book.

This should have been reduced to a three team teaser and graded as a loss.
    That is exactly what happened and what I am saying is a correct and fair ruling

How do you not "side with the book" here Emily?

Is it simply me being honest when a player happens to be wrong that bothers you so much about "siding with the book"?

The rule is fair and proper (feel free to explain why if you don't agree. OR ask me to explain in more simple terms if you need me to try that)

And the guy has made about a 10 posts just making silly claims. Despite a couple of posters trying to tell him.

The last one about the "moral" of the story finally required a response.

I know you prefer the outraged for entertainment forums that just want to attack and have some drama no matter what. But we are a little more professional about wanting the truth to be upheld here.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

No win situation TMS.

The grading is obviously correct. Book told him that, Posters here showed him rules and told him Bovada was correct.

Why does SBR need to say anything?

Now looking above, why do you imagine I didn't want any part of it yesterday, or that no other SBR staff are willing to make a comment on these things usually?

I honestly don't give a rats ass about morons who get crusty about me not agreeing with player claims like this. But next time you ask "why no SBR comment" (and Ive seen you ask this more than once before) remember what a no-win situation it is on public forums. ;-)

LANCYHOWARD

=

Thank you for your comment. I did read the rule and just think that its a bad rule and needs addressing for the future. Granted we both had a chance to win or lose when the bet was made. I just strongly feel that when one game got rained out prior to any games being played, making it impossible to win, then it should be impossible to lose. Obviously NOT FAIR TO BOTH SIDES. In baseball its called a rain out or no bet. I don't see the difference.
    You have apparently never worked in the public relations field. Also with your insulting comments and 36,000 plus posts, you sound like the 75yo old man. Very bitter, and lonely with way too much time on your hands.

thanks again

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Always sour grapes with complaints

LANCYHOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Always sour grapes with complaints
    Guess I've had enough. I apparently can't seem to explain my point. Its very simple. Bad rule that needs changing.
    my2cents

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by vinnykal2323 View Post
    Its the Bet Builder platform where you can parlay player props. 5dimes, youwager, heritage and betonline has it, but 3 of the sites have put limits on me. I was looking for other top rated books that have it.
    No they dont have that

Optional

=
    Thank you for your comment. I did read the rule and just think that its a bad rule and needs addressing for the future. Granted we both had a chance to win or lose when the bet was made. I just strongly feel that when one game got rained out prior to any games being played, making it impossible to win, then it should be impossible to lose. Obviously NOT FAIR TO BOTH SIDES. In baseball its called a rain out or no bet. I don't see the difference.
    You have apparently never worked in the public relations field. Also with your insulting comments and 36,000 plus posts, you sound like the 75yo old man. Very bitter, and lonely with way too much time on your hands.

thanks again
    My bad. Call it a reaction to you being wrong and still trashing away like the book was the one being unfair.

Try and think about like this.

The bet conditions were pushes/voids reduce.

If only one leg had been rained out, you would have still expected the bet to be action and reduces.

If another leg voids or pushes, it's still the same bet conditions, the bet has action and reduces.

You are still in a position to get a return in your bet at that point.

Voids never put you in a position to lose. If that was the case you may have an argument here.

Maybe it's because both voided legs were on the same game it somehow feels different to you is why you are thinking this way.

Anyway, the key thing about your teaser was that one leg lost. Once that happens the bet is over.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Hey OP: Switch to Heritge. Much better shop>

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Bovada is great for slot play if you must. Best book out there for that..

Favorable dog lines can be had on Bovada a lot also. They often trend their lines high compared to other books for favorites. That's my opinion over the years. They'll go to -115 on straight favorites more often then most other books.. So you can grab dogs at -105 more often then not while other books still have games and O/U's pegged at -110.

LANCYHOWARD

My bad. Call it a reaction to you being wrong and still trashing away like the book was the one being unfair.

If only one leg had been rained out, you would have still expected the bet to be action and reduces.

If another leg voids or pushes, it's still the same bet conditions, the bet has action and reduces.

Voids never put you in a position to lose. If that was the case you may have an argument here.

Maybe it's because both voided legs were on the same game it somehow feels different to you is why you are thinking this way.

Anyway, the key thing about your teaser was that one leg lost. Once that happens the bet is over.
    I do appreciate your response. However, I think you're confusing a teaser bet with a parlay. A 13pt teaser CANNOT be reduced less than 4 teams to qualify as a bet. There has to be 4 teams remaining to have a bet. No such animal as a 3 team 14 pt teaser. As soon as the two of five teams got rained out I had NO Chance to win anything. I know one team lost but I thought I got lucky. Same as if I bet under 9 in a baseball game and they score 12 runs but get rained out. Got lucky. Money back. They did enforce their rule. I just think its a bad one. If an act of God, (rain out) gives me no chance to win then it shouldn't be a bet.
    Not whining or sour grapes. Just my strongly believed opinion.
    As you said one team lost so its a loser. Problem with that is it occurred after I'd already had no chance to win.

Thanks, (I do enjoy the debate). Its just important to know the facts before rendering an opinion.
    Bovada enforced an obscure rule that I believe most people are unaware of. From a business standpoint, if I were Bovada, I would ship the $100 to a "good customer" and hope it earns them $1,000s. Instead I'm changing sites.
    Points Awarded:

ans61201 gave LANCYHOWARD 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It appears that Bovada lost in this dispute. Yes they won $100 from the teaser but lost the $500 the OP was going to deposit later on another square bet. The book sometimes needs to take a hit from a square gambler so they can lose more. If I was the book manager I would have refunded the bet thinking that I need to make this square come back and deposit more.

LANCYHOWARD

I do appreciate your response. However, I think you're confusing a teaser bet with a parlay. A 13pt teaser CANNOT be reduced less than 4 teams to qualify as a bet. There has to be 4 teams remaining to have a bet. No such animal as a 3 team 14 pt teaser. As soon as the two of five teams got rained out I had NO Chance to win anything. I know one team lost but I thought I got lucky. Same as if I bet under 9 in a baseball game and they score 12 runs but get rained out. Got lucky. Money back. They did enforce their rule. I just think its a bad one. If an act of God, (rain out) gives me no chance to win then it shouldn't be a bet.
    Not whining or sour grapes. Just my strongly believed opinion.
    As you said one team lost so its a loser. Problem with that is it occurred after I'd already had no chance to win.

Thanks, (I do enjoy the debate). Its just important to know the facts before rendering an opinion.
    Bovada enforced an obscure rule that I believe most people are unaware of. From a business standpoint, if I were Bovada, I would ship the $100 to a "good customer" and hope it earns them $1,000s. Instead I'm changing sites.
    Just wanted to add the following.
    Your quote.....
    Bovada 's response.....
    Hi Howard,

Thanks for your reply.

We would be more than happy to clarify on the settlement of your wager, the rule states that a 3 team 10 points and 4 team 13 points Sweetheart Teasers never reduce. A ‘No Action’ result in a 3 team 10 points or 4 team 13 points Sweetheart Teaser will result in the entire wager being settled as ‘No Action’, provided all remaining legs are settled as a ‘Win.’ However one of your remaining wagers lost which is why your wager was settled as a loss.

LANCYHOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It appears that Bovada lost in this dispute. Yes they won $100 from the teaser but lost the $500 the OP was going to deposit later on another square bet. The book sometimes needs to take a hit from a square gambler so they can lose more. If I was the book manager I would have refunded the bet thinking that I need to make this square come back and deposit more.
    Exactly

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993425

Hi Lancy,

Please check your account - Bovada has returned your bet.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23972

Tremendous refund

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Wow!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Tremendous refund
    Nothing tremendous about it, should have been the case day one. They don't get kudos for doing the right thing 2 weeks after the fact. Good for you op.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23972

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Nothing tremendous about it, should have been the case day one. They don't get kudos for doing the right thing 2 weeks after the fact. Good for you op.
    It is Bovada. Tremendous for them.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Opti cannot be serious with his replies. I’m curious what he believes the payout on a 3 team 13 point teaser would be. Glad bovada admitted they wouldn’t pay him anything on it and we’re essentially free rolling him and the right outcome was had.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave ans61201 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Hi Lancy,

Please check your account - Bovada has returned your bet.
    fugg the haters lancy. congrats. i think they read the thread and thought about the thousands more you will be giving them for this hundred.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with the OP, you can't write ridiculous rules and then blame the customer for not reading them. In law its called substantive versus procedural warnings, if you buy a product and on page 99 in little wording it says you can't return the product if you have it for more than 5 minutes that won't hold up in court. Bovada didn't make clear in a way any reasonable person would have understood what would happen in the situation described by the OP.

Bigger picture, books should not be able to write unfair rules and and then simply say they are enforcing the rules and the player should know about them. If a rule is unfair and the player has no reason to be aware of the rule then falling back on that bullshit is not legit.

If Bovada had returned the bet within 24 hours or 2-3 days I'd say no big deal but 2 weeks is ridiculous.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're as usual missing the point - the rule was unfair to begin with that Bovada enforced.

Any book can write 100 rules and know that 99% of players won't read them and then they can enforce the rules and fuk the player over. Its just a sleaze ball move. Bovada is legit but they were clearly in the wrong here and didn't promptly fix the situation.

If books can write 1 sided rules and enforce them simply because they are rules that's ridiculous - and no one should have to read 10 pages and hundreds of rules to know what the rules are when they are ridiculous.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    It is Bovada. Tremendous for them.
    You make a good point

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Don’t get it I always thought a parlay if a game was cancelled they would pay you on the other 2
    This was a teaser. If it was a parlay, it would have simply reduced to a 3-teamer.

First 1234 Last