Gio21
    Gio21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Thoughts on lines with high juice -115 or higher

What are your general thoughts on a spread that is juiced up to -115 or higher? And what does that mean? As well as which side would be the correct play? Would it be the one with the high juice?

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Don't mind it on team totals or if im getting a hook as a dog

Not if i have to lay points. Its the juice that kills you in the end.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

I always lay -115 anytime the probability of winning exceeds 53.5%

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    I always lay -115 anytime the probability of winning exceeds 53.5%
    Good time to do so! Lol

You could be like shooter and buy 6/7 points! Lol

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

It really depends if you mean mathematical or psychological

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    It really depends if you mean mathematical or psychological
    very valid point, lines mean very different things to different methods!

fourlokobro
    fourlokobro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1413

Anything up to -125 buying points is my limit... Lines are too sharp but I find value in buying off of key numbers like 6 in football or single digits in Bball

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

I think lots of time a book likes a number and so instead of moving off that number they just move the odds, like it will be -2 and we need -2 even if we give up a little juice to get it but cant move it to -3 or -2.5 or whatever. but reality is like always, you are still stuck paying very similar juice at -115 -105 -150

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Gio21 View Post
    What are your general thoughts on a spread that is juiced up to -115 or higher? And what does that mean? As well as which side would be the correct play? Would it be the one with the high juice?
    What does that mean? What do you mean? Understand that the books are manipulating the market and attempting to steer or even stop moneyflow. A -115 price can do a lot for that. The books may also use -115 lines on low volume or low limit offers as well, to increase their own potential margins.

As far as the "correct" play goes, everyone has a different idea of that.

What those who beat the market consider to be the correct play will often be different than the typical everyday bettor.

Some think the correct play is the winning play but those in the game long term will recognize the hazard of that thinking.

It's not easy.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    What does that mean? What do you mean? Understand that the books are manipulating the market and attempting to steer or even stop moneyflow. A -115 price can do a lot for that. The books may also use -115 lines on low volume or low limit offers as well, to increase their own potential margins.

As far as the "correct" play goes, everyone has a different idea of that.

What those who beat the market consider to be the correct play will often be different than the typical everyday bettor.

Some think the correct play is the winning play but those in the game long term will recognize the hazard of that thinking.

It's not easy.
    Often times the result has Little to do with whether a play was correct or not. Think that one of things guys struggle with a lot. Good plays often lose, bad plays cash plenty.

At end of day as you know all a talented capper does is get on plays that have a better chance of cashing than line suggest, do that repeatedly over the course of the season and you should end up in good shape!!! Sounds easy, lol.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Often times the result has Little to do with whether a play was correct or not. Think that one of things guys struggle with a lot. Good plays often lose, bad plays cash plenty.

At end of day as you know all a talented capper does is get on plays that have a better chance of cashing than line suggest, do that repeatedly over the course of the season and you should end up in good shape!!! Sounds easy, lol.
    True, I've lost many bets that I would make again in a heartbeat.

And truthfully, especially with some recent large spot plays, I've won some bets I know I should be thankful for winning as they never should have been made. Even though they won, I shouldn't make them again.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    True, I've lost many bets that I would make again in a heartbeat.

And truthfully, especially with some recent large spot plays, I've won some bets I know I should be thankful for winning as they never should have been made. Even though they won, I shouldn't make them again.

Absolutely. I’m far more concerned w my grade on a game afterwords. I know if I continually have good grades it typically pays off over a entire season!

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Should not be a focal point. Mostly something u see offshore. Only got juiced once at a real book on a Straight bet ats and that was -120 when Peyton Manning was a Colt.