thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Week 13 NFL Picks

45-32 for the year

Atlanta +3 - Atlanta is a team that will play hard even with their season over and their offense is still strong in the dome, they have have extra time to prepare, and Ravens rookie QB has to play his first road game.

Saints -7 - Dallas has only covered the spread once when Elliot hasn't run for 100 yards or better, Saints run defense is strong, Dallas doesn't have the passing game to take advantage of Saints issues in the secondary, Dallas front seven is strong but corners aren't good

Steelers -4 - Steelers off a loss get a Charger team that has beaten mostly bad teams with 3 of their best defensive players out in Liaget, Perryman, and Varret. Roethlisberger is much better at home.

Bears -4.5 - Giants had some momentum and got up for the divisonal game against an Eagles team with no secondary, Bears should be able to take away the run and force Manning into turnovers.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I like betting early if I feel an edge. You have no edge on that Steelers game. Books opened high. I bet you lac gets hit. Pitt is not more then a fg better. Line is high because Pitt lost.

Bears never play well in NY. They lose su.

I agree that the saints win but I don't play TDS on tnf.

Falcon are trash but who knows.

Good luck

ddittie
    ddittie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 309

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I like betting early if I feel an edge. You have no edge on that Steelers game. Books opened high. I bet you lac gets hit. Pitt is not more then a fg better. Line is high because Pitt lost.

Good luck
    I agree, LAC +4 or Steelers -2.5/-3.

Bears/Giants I still have to think about myself, ATL is a crapshoot.

Saints/Dal may be playing TNF, but they still had a whole week, no? I think Dallas get's shredded here. I agree with Saints -7.

Debacleov
    Balls deep inside the book
    Debacleov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Saints may be getting ready to rape Dallas.

Yankfan4life2
    Update your status
    Yankfan4life2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5374

Good luck
    I'm on this as well. Bears will go down next week.

thomorino

Good luck
    The Steeler line will likely go off at 6.5 - the Chargers are not a good team, look at who this team has beaten.

The Chargers have played 2 playoff teams all year, KC and the Rams, they lost to both by double digits and failed to cover - this team is now without 3 of their 4 best defensive players an Bossa is still nowhere near 100%. This line will move up during the week.

Debacleov

Chargers loss to the Broncos cost me my life.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Yankfan4life2 View Post
    I'm on this as well. Bears will go down next week.
    Barkely didn't play much in the 2nd half against the Eagles, was hurt, but the Giants season is over, they'll get up for primetime games and games against rivals like the Eagles but I dont' see them getting up for this game. Mack will have a huge advantage against the Giants offensive line.

thomorino

Good luck
    Its not a traditional Thursday game since the Saints have a week to prepare, Dallas is an easy place to play in, Saints will have plenty of fans there, and Dallas has covered the spread once the entire year when Elliot hasn't run for 100 yards, Saints run defense looks great.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Lets get those basketball picks up Morono!!

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    Lets get those basketball picks up Morono!!
    Fuk off

Debacleov

Stop trolling this guy, hes posting picks. Post some picks or gtfo you little venoms

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Debacleov View Post
    Stop trolling this guy, hes posting picks. Post some picks or gtfo you little venoms
    fuk off

Debacleov

your pussy ends right now

thomorino

fuk off
    Fuk off

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Lac is +3.5 at pinny

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

atlanta playing hard.. lol lets run a slow motion offense down 21 points

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by Debacleov View Post
    Fukk off

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Lets get those basketball fades up Morono!!

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7071

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Saints -7 - Dallas has only covered the spread once when Elliot hasn't run for 100 yards or better, Saints run defense is strong, Dallas doesn't have the passing game to take advantage of Saints issues in the secondary, Dallas front seven is strong but corners aren't good
    Saints may very well win this, and your ends will justify the means, but you have two glaring holes here.

Dallas is 12th against the pass, but their "corners aren't good" just isn't correct.

You're already assuming Elliott isn't rushing for 100, throwing out a statement how they don't cover when he doesn't hit 100. How about when he does? Saints rushing D is overblown, as the teams they're playing have to play catch up and they haven't played many good RBs. Eagles run D was super hyped until recently too.

Anyway, good luck. I just prefer some facts when I'm spelling out something.

thomorino

Lets get those basketball fades up Morono!!
    Fuk off

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    Saints may very well win this, and your ends will justify the means, but you have two glaring holes here.

Dallas is 12th against the pass, but their "corners aren't good" just isn't correct.

You're already assuming Elliott isn't rushing for 100, throwing out a statement how they don't cover when he doesn't hit 100. How about when he does? Saints rushing D is overblown, as the teams they're playing have to play catch up and they haven't played many good RBs. Eagles run D was super hyped until recently too.

Anyway, good luck. I just prefer some facts when I'm spelling out something.
    Yeah when you cap a sport 12 games into the season you can't look at stats at face value, you have to look at strength of competition. Dallas's secondary has struggled when the strong defensive line hasn't been able to get pressure, and the Saints offensive line is strong, Brees gets the ball out very fast. Saints rush defense has been strong all year, including against better running backs like Gurley.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I rather bet all those 10 point teaser or ml parlay

Kid makes sense on these

God Bless

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10365

3-1, lone loser will be Falcons

thomorino

I'm adding Houston -3.5

thomorino

Winner with Houston 46-32

thomorino

I'm adding the under in Saints-Cowboys at 52.5, and Seattle -10

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

Thanks for posting I wonder if they let go the Atlanta staff, bad in game decisions from game 1 in my opinion and the play calling was better than last year but still suspect, minus turnover team, bad karma team this year

magpie878

Yeah when you cap a sport 12 games into the season you can't look at stats at face value, you have to look at strength of competition. Dallas's secondary has struggled when the strong defensive line hasn't been able to get pressure, and the Saints offensive line is strong, Brees gets the ball out very fast. Saints rush defense has been strong all year, including against better running backs like Gurley.
    You're quite right, have to look deeper.

Saints #1 rush defense also has the least rushing attempts per game against it (again, they're getting leads and most idiot coaches just abandon their run games).

Saints rank #2 in rushing yards against per game (3.6) but in their last three games, it's at a much higher 4.4 yards.

Dallas ranks #25 on offense total yards per game, but in their last three, they're 11th.

Again, NO can win in a blowout, but I can see both sides of this coin, I wouldn't be very surprised if Dallas upset them.

thomorino

You're quite right, have to look deeper.

Saints #1 rush defense also has the least rushing attempts per game against it (again, they're getting leads and most idiot coaches just abandon their run games).

Saints rank #2 in rushing yards against per game (3.6) but in their last three games, it's at a much higher 4.4 yards.

Dallas ranks #25 on offense total yards per game, but in their last three, they're 11th.

Again, NO can win in a blowout, but I can see both sides of this coin, I wouldn't be very surprised if Dallas upset them.
    Of course there are 2 sides, I could care less what teams rushing yards per game are the last 3 games - they've been blowouts and most of those numbers are in garbage time. The run defense looks good and that's what I see, not just yard per game, but also yards per play. I don' see a blowout, but Dallas has covered the spread once all year when Elliot hasn't run for 100 yards, I don't see him doing it here.

ForumvilleLoL
    Why not me ?
    ForumvilleLoL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3042

Nice record Marino !

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    Thanks for posting I wonder if they let go the Atlanta staff, bad in game decisions from game 1 in my opinion and the play calling was better than last year but still suspect, minus turnover team, bad karma team this year
    Agree, play calling has been better this year - I do think the narrative that the reason the offense isn't as good as it was 2 years ago with Shanahan is too simple, its not the same team and that year looks like the exception.

magpie878

Of course there are 2 sides, I could care less what teams rushing yards per game are the last 3 games - they've been blowouts and most of those numbers are in garbage time. The run defense looks good and that's what I see, not just yard per game, but also yards per play. I don' see a blowout, but Dallas has covered the spread once all year when Elliot hasn't run for 100 yards, I don't see him doing it here.
    So you care about Dallas' last 11 games (mostly the ones that Elliott hasn't hit 100 yards), but don't care about the last three, defensively, of the Saints? That's odd to me.

Blowouts, yes, two of three I'd call blowouts. And those last three games were against a horrid defense (Bengals), a horribly banged up Eagles, and another bottom of the barrel defense in Atlanta.

Don't know, I think it'll be interesting and hopefully Dallas wins.

thomorino

So you care about Dallas' last 11 games (mostly the ones that Elliott hasn't hit 100 yards), but don't care about the last three, defensively, of the Saints? That's odd to me.

Blowouts, yes, two of three I'd call blowouts. And those last three games were against a horrid defense (Bengals), a horribly banged up Eagles, and another bottom of the barrel defense in Atlanta.

Don't know, I think it'll be interesting and hopefully Dallas wins.
    Magpie you're being emotional, you're not listening to what I'm saying. I'm saying I don't take stats at face value in blowouts because there's a lot of yardage in garbage time, of course I care about the Saints last 3 games, I'm not looking at stats from those games or any blowout and taking them at face value.

The Saints have dominated all year, not just against weak defenses. Do I expect a blowout here - no, that's why the line is 7 not double digits. I do think the Saints run defense is for real, they were solid even against Gurley, and I don't think Dallas can move the ball consistently without a running game.

You seem to not be giving the Saints defense any credit for there great games the last couple weeks, the Eagles injuries were mostly on defense, not offense.
    Points Awarded:

DA_MOSS gave thomorino 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ForumvilleLoL
    Why not me ?
    ForumvilleLoL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3042

Morino & I are exchanging "fuk offs" @ the SBRpoker table.

12 Last