icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

An ABSOLUTE NHL GIFT 11-13-2018

Toronto Maple Leafs -125.
    This line is way off. I mean by at least 50 cents.
    Toronto should be -180.
    I would bet my entire existence that this line moves a ton and that TORONTO -125 or anything close to it will not be available come game time Tuesday night.
    Leafs rested and ready to go after getting drubbed by the Bruins Sat night in the 2nd game of a B2B. Toronto can and does score in bunches, especially on the road. Kings are now old/slow and will have a very hard time keeping up with Leafs youth/speed.
    LA can't score and are now down to their 3rd goaltender as their top 2 goalies are out.
    Leafs absolutely roll in this game.
    Points Awarded:

snapperman2 gave icon 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15205

Agreed

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

Like it … thanks for the heads up ...

icon

Quote Originally Posted by Philmill View Post
    Like it … thanks for the heads up ...
    I bet $20 -50 a game. My usual max bet is $250 and I haven't made a $250 hockey bet yet this season but now is the time. I already bet my available balance at Pinnacle (not including todays bets that have yet to settle).
    I may bet more after tonight's games have ended.

-125 is a fukkin gift. I will also take the -1.5 puckline at +232

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

When something looks easy watch out

Best of luck
    Points Awarded:

AlgoLady gave jjgold 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

rollie_t651
    rollie_t651's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5894

I’m tailing.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Not to be the threads negative Nancy here, but Kings are in a good spot rest wise and should have better motivation. Last game of home-stand having lost the last two, two days off before and two after should add up to a good effort. The edge is in goal for the Leafs and looks like the line moved a bunch on that, but has bounced back a bit. Will watch line and probably end up looking for a live play.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

The line should be - 120 Maple Leafs

Leafs escape with win in penalties

hockey7251
    hockey7251's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16209

Good luck

icon

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Not to be the threads negative Nancy here, but Kings are in a good spot rest wise and should have better motivation. Last game of home-stand having lost the last two, two days off before and two after should add up to a good effort. The edge is in goal for the Leafs and looks like the line moved a bunch on that, but has bounced back a bit. Will watch line and probably end up looking for a live play.
    Opinions are always appreciated. The Kings can have all the rest they want, bottom line is they don't match up well vs Toronto (or anybody else really). They have some big names but all their talent is old, if I remember correctly their best players are in the mid 30's.

I've watched every Leaf game so far this year. Toronto are beasts on the road and can put the puck in the net in bunches.
    Of course I can't guarantee a win but I like the leafs chances tonight.

The only thing I know for sure is that Toronto at -125 will be the best line available, come puck drop Toronto will be much lower odds.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Kings have the eye of the tiger. They get it done in this spot.

icon

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    The line should be - 120 Maple Leafs

Leafs escape with win in penalties
    Yeah, no. No way Toronto closes at less than -140. The Leafs are a very popular team and will take the vast majority of the action.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Yeah, no. No way Toronto closes at less than -140. The Leafs are a very popular team and will take the vast majority of the action.
    If action move the line 15 cents to - 140... I will bet Kings

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

If action move the line 15 cents to - 140... I will bet Kings
    It's at -140 on B365

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    It's at -140 on B365
    Still - 125 @Pinnacle

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

I don’t know shit about hockey but have been told by a guru I respect that Toronto is a home equity line of credit all in play.

Good luck OP

icon

Still - 125 @Pinnacle

Yeah it was -132 for a while and now back to -125. Its still early.

Other shops hanging -135 & -140.

If you want to bet LA you should wait as the odds will get (A LOT) better closer to the start of the game.

Philmill

As of 11:00 est

Line move looks like a Vegas trap.....Public heavy on Toronto but line moves to opposite side...Watching closer to game time see if Toronto get more love....

Public tickets sold:

Toronto ML 690
    Los Angeles ML 263

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

On Kings ml +125.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Tailing

icon

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    On Kings ml +125.
    Thanks, I feel A LOT more confident that Toronto wins - Lakerboy effect!

I'm all in on the Leafs tonight. Should they lose no more bets this month.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Nonsense...that line is way off how ???

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Game goes to ot...

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

IMO... if you have a book with 3 way lines.. The Draw is a good option

Philmill

Update from post #18: 3:07 pm est

Toronto ML 981
    LA Kings ML 381

Line still around Toronto -130

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Thanks, I feel A LOT more confident that Toronto wins - Lakerboy effect!

I'm all in on the Leafs tonight. Should they lose no more bets this month.
    Lol. Been doing great in nhl this year. Good luck on your all in.

icon

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lol. Been doing great in nhl this year. Good luck on your all in.
    Just busting your balls, pal.

I'm just going by what I've seen watching most Leaf games and a few Kings games.

I'm puzzled by the lack of moneyline movement on the Leafs so far. To me this will likely be one of the easier wins for Toronto and taking -125 is a no brainer.
    Last edited by icon; 11-13-18 at 02:55 PM.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Line seems about right - Road game

Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Good point. I did see all of that also. I made a play on the leafs because of the goalie situation. Thought it was worth "a shot"

icon

Quote Originally Posted by Golden fleece View Post
    Good point. I did see all of that also. I made a play on the leafs because of the goalie situation. Thought it was worth "a shot"
    I appreciate hearing other people's point of view about this game thanks.

I just don't get how so many guys here could like LA in this spot. To me it appears to be so obvious and that's why I was surprised that they are only -125. I really thought that Toronto would open at -175 or so.

Some guys saying the line is fishy. I say the books are wrong about this game.

Should the Leafs lose I'll wonder what the F I was thinking but I just don't see the Kings in this one.

Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

I just don't get how so many guys here could like LA in this spot. To me it appears to be so obvious and that's why I was surprised that they are only -125. I really thought that Toronto would open at -175 or so.

Should the Leafs lose I'll wonder what the F I was thinking but I just don't see the Kings in this one.
    Oh I agree man. Everyone loves bad teams in certain spots cuz of the "due factor". I am not excluded but i try my best to avoid these fallacies as much as possible these days

The Kings are basically like the wizards in he nba right now. Everyone is looking for the right spot where they snap out of it and put together a good game. It actually finally worked for wizard backers last night so sometimes it is warranted and you can kinda make that case for the kings tonight schedule wise.... but im with ya on Leafs. They are much better rated team here. I like our odds

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15205

Kings are bad, they play a slow paced game
    Leafs cant play down to their pace, if they do they will lose

icon

Quote Originally Posted by Golden fleece View Post
    Oh I agree man. Everyone loves bad teams in certain spots cuz of the "due factor". I am not excluded but i try my best to avoid these fallacies as much as possible these days

The Kings are basically like the wizards in he nba right now. Everyone is looking for the right spot where they snap out of it and put together a good game. It actually finally worked for wizard backers last night so sometimes it is warranted and you can kinda make that case for the kings tonight schedule wise.... but im with ya on Leafs. They are much better rated team here. I like our odds
    Yeah I wouldn't make my decision on a game based on the "due" factor and see the flaw in that thinking. I love that we are getting -125 as I seriously was expecting Toronto to be -175.

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    Kings are bad, they play a slow paced game
    Leafs cant play down to their pace, if they do they will lose
    I agree that if Toronto plays down to the level of the Kings then game is a tossup.

I follow Toronto and saw them get beat by Boston in Boston the other night. Toronto started their backup and were playing the 2nd game of a B2B. Leafs immediately flew to LA and had some time to relax and regroup and further bond as a young team on the road. They have no excuses to not be motivated and show they are the better team.
    If both teams play their best hockey then this one won't be close. Toronto should win by a couple goals at least.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I’m far from a hockey expert but isn’t it a sport often won on effort and goaltending? As in any given goalie can stand on his head any given night and high energy/hitting often leads to lessor teams winning games?

Certainly not questioning your knowledge of either team as I have no doubt it far greater than mine, just the “all in” aspect and being all that surprised of any given outcome in a sport w so many games and one game having such little meaning in the grand scheme of things. I feel same way about baseball of which I’m really confident in, just can’t imagine risking so much (all in) on any single game as the results are so random at times, imho in those type sports the way to win is to get down on good lines over and over much more so than actually predicting the outcome of a single event!! That said I hope you win bro, gl.

icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I’m far from a hockey expert but isn’t it a sport often won on effort and goaltending? As in any given goalie can stand on his head any given night and high energy/hitting often leads to lessor teams winning games?

Certainly not questioning your knowledge of either team as I have no doubt it far greater than mine, just the “all in” aspect and being all that surprised of any given outcome in a sport w so many games and one game having such little meaning in the grand scheme of things. I feel same way about baseball of which I’m really confident in, just can’t imagine risking so much (all in) on any single game as the results are so random at times, imho in those type sports the way to win is to get down on good lines over and over much more so than actually predicting the outcome of a single event!! That said I hope you win bro, gl.
    I hear you loud and clear and can't disagree with anything you've written.

I've been watching hockey for a long time and nothing surprises me anymore. Yes I've been disappointed in how I bet in certain situations when teams that I thought were easy winners were not - too much experience.

This game really stands out to me as obvious as to who the right side is. Yes the Kings could win and the most likely way is if Toronto plays like shite. If the Leafs show up and turn it on then I see no way LA can keep up or keep it close.

My mind tells me the Leafs win by a couple goals at least. Kings goalie getting his 1st start of the season as 3rd stringer etc etc. If I had to pick one game out of every game in the NHL so far this season to go all in on this would be my choice - Leafs -125.

1234 ... Last