The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    So stats are meaningless? Wasn’t this entire thread about a stat? So are they meaningless or are they not meaningless?

I think that’s what my point was. It’s known he isn’t a great three point shooter. So what?

The Thunder screwed up by coddling their stars from day 1. Scott Brooks did it and it actually
    got worse with Donovan.

At this point Westbrook is 30. He isn’t changing.

Presti hit the lottery drafting three straight MVPS and f*cked it up royally. You don’t bring in a college coach to lead Durant and Westbrook.

Did Presti really think they were going listen to a college coach? Then he paid over the hill Melo 28 million but wouldn’t pay $5 million more to keep Harden.

Presti panicked when Durant left and started throwing money at everyone when he should of spent the money earlier to keep the Thunder’s three stars together.
    It's late, pal.

I'm breaking down NFL games. I ain't got time for this.

I know you're a Westbrook fanboy. I like him too, he went to school out here, he's given back a lot of money to the university. The thread wasn't meant to suggest he sucks, if anything, it suggests he could be a lot better.

That's the sad part.

olamide
    olamide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2571

Westbrook isn't that bad. Just didn't like his alpha attitude when Durant was around.
    OKC management to blame

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Not guarding anyone and pushing Taj Gibson out of the way to get rebounds does not help you win stats are meaningless if you do not watch games.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    he won't win any rings... just let him play out (shoot-out) his career and disappear after. his own guys get out of his way so he can stat pad... his whole team are a bunch of btches
    Lots of great players never won a ring., everyone killing him are goofy, dude can take anyone to the rack whenever he wants and unlike half the league the guy plays his ass off every night.

Op right tho, Mfer shouldn’t shoot 3s! Ever!!

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

BigD lost the argument but may very well have won this thread

He's making good points while getting gangbanged and not backing down. Gotta tip your hat to that

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    BigD lost the argument but may very well have won this thread

He's making good points while getting gangbanged and not backing down. Gotta tip your hat to that
    People use one stat to justify an opinion and then when someone comes back at them with numerous stats and data to refute that, they say stats are meaningless. Funny how that works.

Opinion: "Westbrook isn't a team player"
    Fact: Westbrook led the NBA in assists last year

Opinion: "Westbrook makes bad decisions ALL THE TIME"
    Fact: Russ consistently has the highest player efficiency rating in the NBA and by far had the highest rating two years ago when KD left.

Opinion: "Westbrook is a stat padder that doesn't care about winning:
    Fact: When Russ gets a triple double the Thunder win 82% of the time. They win far more when he gets "stats". It's not like Russ has Curry or Thompson to dish to either.

*If anyone is too lazy to google the facts I can provide all the links.

I think Giant and I are on the same page now. I totally agree with him that Westbrook needs to shoot less threes. I'm more in disagreement with all the other people that throw out these ridiculous opinions (with nothing to back it up) that Westbrook isn't a top 10 player, he is always doing stupid things, he sucks, etc.

I feel like people watch a highlight on ESPN that shows a play in which Donovan drew up a horrible play and Westbrook takes a horrible shot and then they just run with it.

It's nothing personal here....sometimes you just gotta wipe the floor though.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

I would rather lose 60 plus games a year and have a chance at the next great superstar - then have Westbrook on my team - Case closed !!

ikid2groove415

BigDofBA every fans dream is 2 win a championship? You do know OKC will never win one- with Westbrook? Keep delaying more years fella

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    I would rather lose 60 plus games a year and have a chance at the next great superstar - then have Westbrook on my team - Case closed !!
    I would rather watch a MVP getting triple doubles and leading his team to the playoffs.

The Knicks, Lakers, Nuggets, Suns, etc. haven’t been to the playoffs in over five years. So it’s not like losing has paid off for them.

The Lakers will get back because they’re the Lakers and free agents want to go there but you get my point.

I’m an OKC fan so I don’t think my comments are surprising anyone here. You have a different opinion. It’s all good.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Not a Westbrook fan at all but now a bigD fan, guy is nothing but class. I am of the belief that Westbrook is a team cancer.

It's easy to say Donovan is a lame duck coach but I think what's hidden behind the obvious was the terrible job Scott Brooks did when he was there.

He made zero adjustments in the finals against Miami to make the series competitive and his zero adjustment policy against the warriors on the epic choke/comeback cost what many believe was a chip for OKC and a consequent extension for Durant

BigDofBA

Not a Westbrook fan at all but now a bigD fan, guy is nothing but class. I am of the belief that Westbrook is a team cancer.

It's easy to say Donovan is a lame duck coach but I think what's hidden behind the obvious was the terrible job Scott Brooks did when he was there.

He made zero adjustments in the finals against Miami to make the series competitive and his zero adjustment policy against the warriors on the epic choke/comeback cost what many believe was a chip for OKC and a consequent extension for Durant
    Three of OKC’s losses to Miami in the finals that year were one possession games under a minute to go and Durant and Harden couldn’t close. They disappeared.

That’s when I really became a Westbrook fan because of the Big 3, he was the only guy Miami didn’t have an answer for. In one of those Finals games Westbrook carried OKC and scored like 23 straight points while KD was getting shut down by Lebron and Harden was bricking threes.

I can see why people think Westbrook is a cancer but I blame Presti and Management more than anything because they created an environment where Westbrook runs the show. They never brought in a real coach, traded away Harden to save money, and ultimately messed up a potential dynasty.

Off the court Westbrook is a good dude and does a lot for the community. I mean, he did choose to stay on small market OKC so if you’re a Thunder fan how could you not like him?

The Giant

Westbrook shot no three-pointers tonight and Oklahoma City registered their first win of the season.

It's like he was reading this thread.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Westbrook shot no three-pointers tonight and Oklahoma City registered their first win of the season.

It's like he was reading this thread.

I know people that work for the organization.....well one person that has a lower level job.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Just another MONSTER game for Russ
    Points Awarded:

QuangX gave paco 969 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

He gets trip dubs bc he's a super athlete and he's an equally stupid athlete if not more so.

Top 10? No way, he's closer to Devin Booker than he is a great

Durant
    Kawhi
    LeBron
    Curry
    Harden
    Davis
    Giannis
    Paul
    Embiid
    Jokic

All better players than Westbrook. I'd consider wall, Lillard, kyrie, Draymond and a healthy cousins better than Westbrook as well

He may not even be the best player on his own team right now
    Can't be serious mentioning Draymond and Cousins. They have no business being in a top 10/15 player conversation. Top 20/25 maybe.

The first 7 guys you mentioned are indisputable, beyond that it's opinion. You could equally rank him #8 or #13.

ikid2groove415

Westbrook is definitely top 10- hes a athletic beast - just doesn’t know how 2 adjust his game to make him a better player - laughing out loud at putting jokic and embiid ahead of Westbrook?

ikid2groove415

Devin booker is no where near Westbrook level - terrible comparison

ikid2groove415

Westbrook alone can carry a team into the playoffs in the west??have booker/jokic or embiid done it? Case closed

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

here is the best stat

He is a selfish ball hog loser

paco

What’s new? Just another monster triple double game on the road and W by Russ

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

TARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    P. GeorgeSF 39 4-20 0-10 3-4 1 9 10 3 4 3 2 1 +9 11
    R. WestbrookPG 37 12-24 0-3 5-7 1 7 8 10 3 0 3 3 +3 29

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    What’s new? Just another monster triple double game on the road and W by Russ
    0-3 from three point range.

As long as he keeps the chucking to a minimum, they should be okay.

One more win and Russell will have his team back to .500. Impressive.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    How do I change my name to WarriorBoy?

I guess that wouldn’t be a good idea because in 10 years they would suck and I would have to sport a Boston Red Sox avatar or something.

I blame the OKC collapse on Sam Presti. He just got lucky in the draft and good players made him look smart. He has been f*cking up since the Harden trade way back.

Then he brings in low energy Billy Donovan who can’t control or reign in Westbrook. His philosophy is to let anyone that’s open shoot a three but he doesn’t bring in anyone that can shoot. Sad.
    Presti didn't get lucky. he is a monster at drafting. those guys, plus steven adams and serge ibaka? big man with the knicks? roberson? abrinas? he is terrible at fa and hiring coaches, but drafting is not his problem. gsw got lucky.curry being a healthy player with his problems and drafting draymond. then kd hopping ship. kd destroyed the thunder. at the time he was on the better team. despite the coaching.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    he won't win any rings... just let him play out (shoot-out) his career and disappear after. his own guys get out of his way so he can stat pad... his whole team are a bunch of btches
    more importantly, why did u change that avatar? that chick is a classic. for a silly helmet.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Every player in the league would love a Max contract like Westbrook has.

Hence the reason every player in the league would love to be able to put up the same numbers across the board as Westbrook.

Ppl talk as if it her players don't try or wish they could achieve this.

As if it's easy.

It doesn't matter how he's doing it, it's still amazing, and all players would do the same if they were capable
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    TARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    P. GeorgeSF 39 4-20 0-10 3-4 1 9 10 3 4 3 2 1 +9 11
    R. WestbrookPG 37 12-24 0-3 5-7 1 7 8 10 3 0 3 3 +3 29
    Those misses by George create rebound opportunities for Westbrook.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Stats dont mean much Boban Marjanovic is the most efficient player in history

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Every player in the league would love a Max contract like Westbrook has.

Hence the reason every player in the league would love to be able to put up the same numbers across the board as Westbrook.

Ppl talk as if it her players don't try or wish they could achieve this.

As if it's easy.

It doesn't matter how he's doing it, it's still amazing, and all players would do the same if they were capable
    Enjoy never winning a championship with Westbrook on your team - No I wouldn’t want a losing player on my team - ultimate goal for fans are championship- not 2 be average

ikid2groove415

People in here still believe John wall and Westbrook is better then curry - shows how much basketball people know around here -

paco

Wow thread quiet... must just be another great game and W by Russ

The Giant

The Thunder have played their best basketball, in the last five games, over the last several years. This team has never looked more cohesive as a unit.

Paco, you haven't bumped the thread lately.

I win again.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The Thunder have played their best basketball, in the last five games, over the last several years. This team has never looked more cohesive as a unit.

Paco, you haven't bumped the thread lately.

I win again.
    Your shtick is old Giant

Go home, be safe

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Your shtick is old Giant

Go home, be safe
    I am home.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster