ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    There are 125 players in NBA history that have attempted 2500 three-point shots.

Russell Westbrook is 124th in three-point percentage.

This clown better figure out how to shoot, because his current game is not going to age well in this modern NBA.
    he won't win any rings... just let him play out (shoot-out) his career and disappear after. his own guys get out of his way so he can stat pad... his whole team are a bunch of btches

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Durant left and won 2 rings, oladipo left and became an all-star stud, harden left and became an MVP. Westbrook is a joke, stat stuffing cancer stick
    Points Awarded:

The Giant gave shadymcgrady 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Durant left and won 2 rings, oladipo left and became an all-star stud, harden left and became an MVP. Westbrook is a joke, stat stuffing cancer stick
    Out of your 6000 posts, this is probably your best one.

Nailed it.
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave The Giant 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Hmmmm I'd say the amazing stat is him averaging a triple double 2yrs in a row.

I know we can say he hasn't won anything & is a stat machine, but if it's so easy, why isn't everyone else doing it?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24611

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post

I know we can say he hasn't won anything & is a stat machine, but if it's so easy, why isn't everyone else doing it?
    Inflated stat. Handled the ball every play. Everyone knew he was going to Triple Double it that year.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Inflated stat. Handled the ball every play. Everyone knew he was going to Triple Double it that year.

I understand & I have mixed opinions on it to be honest.

But again, do we think that other players don't 'try' and don't wish or want to put up those kind of numbers?

I can see if he concentrated on only scoring points & taking a lot of shots, or ignored scoring & solely focused on rebounds, or only specialized in getting other players the ball & earning assists.

But the guy does ALL 3.

Pretty impressive to me, but only my opinion

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Because other teams are worried about winning instead of letting a dude pad his stats.

It's great when his man is wide open because he went to park himself in paint to grab the rebound if the guy misses.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Old need same story - Westbrook takes the most ridiculous shots in critical moments -

ikid2groove415

Hman thinks a guy getting triple double makes him a winning basketball player? Laughable -

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Hman thinks a guy getting triple double makes him a winning basketball player? Laughable -

You have a bad habit of putting words in ppls mouths & critiquing other posters's opinions.

I think you guys are overlooking how difficult his accomplishments are and I'm not the only one in this thread who feels that way.

We all have our opinion.

ikid2groove415

Curry would Probly win a few more MVP if Durant didn’t join GSW- great players know There measure by championships? Not stats - case closed !!! There’s a reason Durant couldn’t win in OKC with Westbrook and harden -

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

You have a bad habit of putting words in ppls mouths & critiquing other posters's opinions.

I think you guys are overlooking how difficult his accomplishments are and I'm not the only one in this thread who feels that way.

We all have our opinion.
    You’re right.

You also have to keep in mind that a lot of the people that go online and bash world class athletes are probably ove weight and out of shape guys that have never played sports or been an alpha at anything. So naturally, people are going to hate.

Does Westbrook make bad decisions sometimes? Of course he does.

Will he ever win a championship? Probably not.

Does that mean he sucks? Hell no.

In the NBA most players don’t win championships. It’s not like Harden or Anthony Davis are wining anything anytime soon.

Iverson was a worse shooter than Westbrook.

Malone, Stockton, Miller, Barkley, etc. never won rings.

Do all of those players suck?

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Does Westbrook make bad decisions sometimes? Of course he does.
    He makes bad decisions ALL THE TIME.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    He makes bad decisions ALL THE TIME.
    He is a OKC homer - no need 2 argue

BigDofBA

He is a OKC homer - no need 2 argue
    What did I say that was incorrect?

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

You guys say hes so bad. But yet he still a top 10 guard in the league...

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by WildCelticsFan View Post
    He is a top 10 player.

Makes some bad decisions and shoots too many threes but he does a lot of things well.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

Quote Originally Posted by WildCelticsFan View Post
    still a loser

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

He gets trip dubs bc he's a super athlete and he's an equally stupid athlete if not more so.

Top 10? No way, he's closer to Devin Booker than he is a great

Durant
    Kawhi
    LeBron
    Curry
    Harden
    Davis
    Giannis
    Paul
    Embiid
    Jokic

All better players than Westbrook. I'd consider wall, Lillard, kyrie, Draymond and a healthy cousins better than Westbrook as well

He may not even be the best player on his own team right now

The Giant

Lebron could do this every game he played if he decided to put his own stats in front of winning.

BigDofBA

Lebron could do this every game he played if he decided to put his own stats in front of winning.
    If he cared about winning he wouldn’t have gone to LA.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

russ takes bad shots most of the time its a wonder his shooting percentage isnt lower, many times he's leaning or shooting those quick wristed shots he takes with barely a follow through. on those short pull ups he does on fast breaks instead of pulling up for an open shot he'll drive all the way to the guy's face and pull up for a contested shot, weird. 3 pt shots he takes are hardly ever wide open but he's posted a triple double for the last 2 seasons and its considered nothing so shooting 60% from 3 wouldnt matter either to some folks.

The Giant

If he cared about winning he wouldn’t have gone to LA.
    Lebron will win a title with the Lakers.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    russ takes bad shots most of the time its a wonder his shooting percentage isnt lower, many times he's leaning or shooting those quick wristed shots he takes with barely a follow through. on those short pull ups he does on fast breaks instead of pulling up for an open shot he'll drive all the way to the guy's face and pull up for a contested shot, weird. 3 pt shots he takes are hardly ever wide open but he's posted a triple double for the last 2 seasons and its considered nothing so shooting 60% from 3 wouldnt matter either to some folks.
    Two years ago Westbrook had the highest player efficiency rating in the entire NBA....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thunder...layered/amp/2/

It’s hilarious to read comments saying he sucks, he makes horrible decisions ALL THE TIME, and isn’t a top 10 player. These are all just opinions. Actual data says he is one of the most efficient players in the NBA and two years ago he was by far the most efficient player.....but what do I know, I’m a homer.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 10-28-18 at 01:04 AM.

BigDofBA

Lebron will win a title with the Lakers.
    If KD goes there maybe. Otherwise, I don’t think so. Father Time is undefeated and Lebron isn’t getting any younger.

ikid2groove415

BigDofBA- I’m glad you got Westbrook- that’s 4-5 more years of no championship- OKC can’t rebuilt untill he’s gone/ enjoy that stat stuffing scrub -
    Points Awarded:

bryant81 gave ikid2groove415 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jtoler

Two years ago Westbrook had the highest player efficiency rating in the entire NBA....

It’s hilarious to read comments saying he sucks, he makes horrible decisions ALL THE TIME, and isn’t a top 10 player. These are all just opinions. Actual data says he is one of the most efficient players in the NBA and two years ago he was by far the most efficient player.....but what do I know, I’m a homer.
    did not know that im not enough of a stat geek to understand exactly what it means unfortunately

The Giant

Cool article. He piles up meaningless stats and doesn't play defense.
    Points Awarded:

bryant81 gave The Giant 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ikid2groove415

Westbrook is still doing the same shit since his rookie year - OKC is not building for the future with this guy still around - must of been hundreds of games now- where he would just take the dumbest low % shots in critical moments - It’s like teams knows it? And are encouraging him 2 take the shots? Another example- Thursday night game vs Boston ? What kinda shot is that down 3 with over 20 plus seconds on the clock ?

BigDofBA

BigDofBA- I’m glad you got Westbrook- that’s 4-5 more years of no championship- OKC can’t rebuilt untill he’s gone/ enjoy that stat stuffing scrub -
    OKC won’t win a championship for the foreseeable future with or without Westbrook.

Unless you’re a Lebron fan or a Warriors bandwagoner, your team hasn’t won a thing in the last 5 years either.

Anthony Davis
    James Harden
    Chris Paul
    Jokic
    Giannis
    Etc

All these players everyone says are better....it’s not like they’re winning anything either.

BigDofBA

Westbrook is still doing the same shit since his rookie year - OKC is not building for the future with this guy still around - must of been hundreds of games now- where he would just take the dumbest low % shots in critical moments - It’s like teams knows it? And are encouraging him 2 take the shots? Another example- Thursday night game vs Boston ? What kinda shot is that down 3 with over 20 plus seconds on the clock ?
    Yeah, that was horrible. But more so than Westbrook, I blame Presti for bringing in a college coach to try to handle Durant and Russ.

Donovan has no control and is afraid to say anything to him about shot selection.

The Giant

I agree about Donovan. He sucks.

The whole organization is so afraid of Westbrook. No one will tell him he's killing the team.

Just stop shooting threes, bro. Understand your weakness.

BigDofBA

Cool article. He piles up meaningless stats and doesn't play defense.
    So stats are meaningless? Wasn’t this entire thread about a stat? So are they meaningless or are they not meaningless?

I think that’s what my point was. It’s known he isn’t a great three point shooter. So what?

The Thunder screwed up by coddling their stars from day 1. Scott Brooks did it and it actually
    got worse with Donovan.

At this point Westbrook is 30. He isn’t changing.

Presti hit the lottery drafting three straight MVPS and f*cked it up royally. You don’t bring in a college coach to lead Durant and Westbrook.

Did Presti really think they were going listen to a college coach? Then he paid over the hill Melo 28 million but wouldn’t pay $5 million more to keep Harden.

Presti panicked when Durant left and started throwing money at everyone when he should of spent the money earlier to keep the Thunder’s three stars together.

jtoler

I agree about Donovan. He sucks.

The whole organization is so afraid of Westbrook. No one will tell him he's killing the team.

Just stop shooting threes, bro. Understand your weakness.
    cant believe you havent noticed your guy so far this year and made a thread about it.

3-point Field Goal Percentage Leaders - Qualified

PER GAME TOTAL ADJ
    RK PLAYER TEAM GP PPG 3PM 3PA 3PM 3PA 3P% 2PM 2PA 2P% PPS FG%
    150 LeBron James, SF LAL 5 25.8 1.0 6 5 29 .172 41 67 .612 1.34 .505

The Giant

17.2%???

Trade him.

First 1234 Last