PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I used to agree with all of that pauly when I was younger but in the world we live in, especially since they're playing a sport for a short period of time, its about getting what you can get. It's just a game and matters nothing in the grand scheme of things, but money does matter and you need it to survive so for the short period of playing sports you should try to get all you can. That whole team stuff and loyalty had more bearing to me when I was a kid but this is a business that stuff weighs with me now no more than 80/20. At least 80% of looking out for yourself(prob should be 100% since nobody is gonna look out for you more than you) and 20% team "loyalty". If anyone on the steelers felt they were being low-balled or underpaid and if they felt like they had some leverage they would be asking for more money too just based off of principle if not they're stupid. So if Bell is thinking he has 5 decent years left and he knows they're gonna try to give him 400+ overall touches why not get what you can. Go back in Brady's history he's been upset with his contracts before no need to be upset now he has a wife who makes more than he does. I'd bet there prob was a time Ben has been upset too no need now he's getting 87 mil over 4 years with a 31 mil signing bonus don't think you'd hear a peep out of bell either if he were making that.
    Bell is over as a Steeler............
    Let these self proclaimed superstars go to the shit teams in the NFL who think a few superstars
    is a ticket to the big dance even though it has NEVER worked before and never will....

Talk about the definition of insanity................

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Ju ju shining cause all the attention AB gets, cmon Pauly, ju ju wouldn’t put up half these numbers if he was the #1 option.
    JuJu is pretty good,alot of guys have tried to take over that second wr role and flopped in Pittsburgh.But JuJu has been able to take the opportunity and has ran with it.Ill give him his credit,not many rookie receivers have been able to be as consistent as he was last year.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    JuJu is pretty good,alot of guys have tried to take over that second wr role and flopped in Pittsburgh.But JuJu has been able to take the opportunity and has ran with it.Ill give him his credit,not many rookie receivers have been able to be as consistent as he was last year.

Oh he a stud, it just a lot easier to put up beast numbers when defenses main focus is on another player. Being the guy like Julio, AB, green, etc is much tougher than being the #2 option. Martavius Bryant looked like a absolute stud for a minute there as well in same role as ju ju.

packerd_00

Oh he a stud, it just a lot easier to put up beast numbers when defenses main focus is on another player. Being the guy like Julio, AB, green, etc is much tougher than being the #2 option. Martavius Bryant looked like a absolute stud for a minute there as well in same role as ju ju.
    I agree with that,need two good receivers to keep other Teams Defensive backs honest.Bryant blew his opportunity,could have been something but whether it be personal problems or whatever it was that turned him into a flop,he didnt pan out.JuJu seems more even keel then Bryant was,in my opinion.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

ur praising him now but come contract time and they offer less than he think he's worth what do you think he's gonna do.

packerd_00

ur praising him now but come contract time and they offer less than he think he's worth what do you think he's gonna do.
    Thats how the cookie crumbles mate.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 10-02-18 at 05:29 PM.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I agree with that,need two good receivers to keep other Teams Defensive backs honest.Bryant blew his opportunity,could have been something but whether it be personal problems or whatever it was that turned him into a flop,he didnt pan out.JuJu seems more even keel then Bryant was,in my opinion.
    No doubt, Bryant a total fukk up.

packerd_00

No doubt, Bryant a total fukk up.
    Yep,had that second chance with Oakland and still couldnt get his shit together.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 848

I’m really just thankful that nobody on the message board is negotiating my value/worth.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Bradshaw 70 yrs old 35 years as anchor still having to work, bettis still have to work while building for others. Eff the rooneys these low balling cheap mfers lol.

PAULYPOKER

Bradshaw 70 yrs old 35 years as anchor still having to work, bettis still have to work while building for others. Eff the rooneys these low balling cheap mfers lol.
    They are not cheap...........

They spread the wealth to the entire TEAM.......Big difference as they spend the same on labor as every other franchise..........

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I have no issue with Bell or Thomas trying to leverage their prime years for more guaranteed money and a long term deal. The truth is as soon as the team thinks you lost a step they will cut you. It's funny how people think players should honor the contract they signed when owners break contracts every year.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

So you are equating Connor to one of the three best RBs in the NFL.

And you conveniently left out how great Bell was the rest of last season once he shook off the rust.
    James Conner Game-by-Game Stats

Season: Select20182017
    2018 REGULAR SEASON GAME LOG RUSHING RECEIVING FUMBLES
    DATE OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
    Sun 10/7 W 41-17 21 110 5.2 30 2 4 75 18.8 29 0 1 0

185 Total YD's 2TD's............

PAULYPOKER

James Conner

GAME LOG RUSHING RECEIVING FUMBLES
    DATE OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
    Sun 10/14 W 28-21 19 111 5.8 26 2 4 18 4.5 8 0 0 0
    111 yds rushing 2td's
    (ties Steelers all time TD by RB record held by Franco Harris/Jerome Bettis of 7 TD'S thru 1st 6 weeks of a season)
    4 Rec. for 18 yds..........
    Points Awarded:

ikid2groove415 gave PAULYPOKER 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Bell is a thick face coward - nobody on the Steelers want him in that locker room-

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They don’t miss him his replacement is doing very well

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19261

NFL has a lot more chemistry required than Lebron James getting two superstar buddies to play with him.

Football is about dominating the other teams. You can stick Bell up your Wazooki if the defense does not dominate.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

i doubt bell reports week 7, steelers have no plans paying him 850k on a bye week

PAULYPOKER

Rushing Touchdowns Leaders - All Players

RK PLAYER TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG 20+ TD YDS/G FUM 1DN
    1 Todd Gurley II, RB LAR 129 623 4.8 29 5 9 103.8 0 36
    2 James Conner, RB PIT 103 453 4.4 30 5 7 75.5 2 23

First 1234