Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Tennis, WTA Wuhan: Miss Gavrilova ml +145

Starts in 1.5 hours.

Wang Q. vs. Gavrilova D.

H2H: 0-1

Opposing the more decorated player miss Wang here on home soil. Yesterday she needed medical attention during her match vs. miss Pliskova. She finished the match with her right hip patched up with a strap. + On top of that I have my doubts about her fitness as she played a high number of matches in recent weeks.

Miss Gavrilova on the other hand in decent (above average) form able to take advantage of a weakend opponent. The price is good enough. Opened @ +158 on Pinnacle.

GL

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Update

1st set 7:5 for miss Wang.

Match of small margins. Neither playing well though miss Gavrilova deserved to win the first set imo having more winners less unforced errors and a higher first serve win %.

Unlucky

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

2nd set Gavrilova 0:2 lead followed by a melt down losing match 7:5, 6:2 (10 double faults to 0, smh). What a mental midget. Won't be backing her anytime soon.

Wang now to a 8 match winning streak but last two matches won thx to underperformance of opponent. Will face winner of Puig vs. Wozniacki next.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

stop betting tennis!!!!

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    2nd set Gavrilova 0:2 lead followed by a melt down losing match 7:5, 6:2 (10 double faults to 0, smh). What a mental midget. Won't be backing her anytime soon.

Wang now to a 8 match winning streak but last two matches won thx to underperformance of opponent. Will face winner of Puig vs. Wozniacki next.
    That's good to know about Gavrilova. Thanks for posting.

I'm not touching that Wang/Puig match. Both players playing very well.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5578

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post

Wang's service is suspect.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post

Well actually one of Gavrilova's strengths is that she is a fighter and makes opponents work for every point....So is Wang's. I think getting broken too many times caused her to cave in during the match. If we look at the 1st set it was the 7th game either player held serve. Perhaps Wang winning the 1st set gave her a mental edge. Who knows maybe she would have caved in the 2nd set.
    (Deeper in the 2nd set Gavrolivo wanted to smash her racket on several occasions but held back.)

Agree with Conqueror

Wang's serve was really weak took long to get into a rythm, once she looked good...it was mostly due to Gavrilova failing...Wang showed signs of fatigue.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Well actually one of Gavrilova's strengths is that she is a fighter and makes opponents work for every point....So is Wang's. I think getting broken too many times caused her to cave in during the match. If we look at the 1st set it was the 7th game either player held serve. Perhaps Wang winning the 1st set gave her a mental edge. Who knows maybe she would have caved in the 2nd set.
    (Deeper in the 2nd set Gavrolivo wanted to smash her racket on several occasions but held back.)

Agree with Conqueror

Wang's serve was really weak took long to get into a rythm, once she looked good...it was mostly due to Gavrilova failing...Wang showed signs of fatigue.
    I'm thinking a similar thing happened to Danilovic. At one time she was 1 for 6 on Break Points. That was causing frustration. As soon as I saw her act out on the court, combined with her age (17) and her BP record I should have bet her opponent in live betting. Lesson learned.

Puig looked pretty good to me. She was a little gassed at the end of the 2nd set. She lost 6 Match Points during that time. I was afraid she would let it get to her head. Perhaps her best friend Woz purposely had a few unforced errors.