stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

Clay Matthews

3rd roughing the passer call this year.

Reason being putting his body weight on the QB as they go to the ground

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Those last two were bogus,first one was on him.

Yankfan4life2
    Update your status
    Yankfan4life2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5374

Horrible call but as a skins backer, I'll take it.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Absolute horseshit call. Guy lead with shoulder there’s nothing else he could have done.

Congrats NFL. Your product has officially become unwatchable
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave USCPHILLYGUY 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

That was the cleanest sack I've ever seen.

Fatass McCarthy chasing a ref down the sidelines red as a tomato

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Embarrassing seeing that called
    Everyone is playing tackle football except NFL QB is under flag football rules .
    That was nowhere near a penalty

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

At this rate might as well make a rule if the QB is in the pocket and you get two hands on him he’s considered down.

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Laughable call. Ruining the game. Just make it a sack if you put two hands on the QB and be done with this.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Just be done with it and make it Flag Football.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 09-23-18 at 02:54 PM.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    At this rate might as well make a rule if the QB is in the pocket and you get two hands on him he’s considered down.
    Yep, 2-hand touch

so stupid

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Packers definitely getting fukked in this game by the refs.

And their receivers are dropping passes. Rodgers playing his ass off

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

The NFL took the unusual step Sunday of expressing immediate support for a roughing the passer penalty against Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews, the latest in a series of controversial efforts to protect quarterbacks this season.
    Referee Craig Wrolstad penalized Matthews for landing on Washington Redskins quarterback Alex Smith late in the third quarter at FedEx Field. In a tweet sent shortly thereafter with video of the play, the NFL cited Rule 12, Section 2, Article 9(b) in justifying Wrolstad's decision.

Among other specifications, that rule prohibits players from falling with all or most of their body weight on quarterbacks. The NFL made it a point of emphasis for this season, in part because Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone last season on a similar hit.
    There were an NFL-record 21 roughing-the-passer penalties through the first two weeks of the 2018 season.
    Matthews is the first NFL player since at least 2001 to be penalized three times for roughing the passer in the first three games of a season. He entered 2018 with a total of four roughing penalties in his 10-year career.
    A roughing penalty against Matthews in Week 2 wiped out a Packers interception that would have clinched a victory over the Minnesota Vikings. The game ended in a tie. Afterward, Matthews joined many other players in saying they do not know how to avoid landing on quarterbacks in some instances.
    "I know there's an emphasis on protecting quarterbacks," he said, "but it's gotten out of control. I don't know what else to do."

rollie_t651
    rollie_t651's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5894

Two hand touch is back! Love this post!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

3rd roughing the passer call this year.Reason being putting his body weight on the QB as they go to the ground
    How the fukk do you TACKLE anyone without putting weight on them? WTF?

Might as well give out penalties for foul language. too. What a fukkin joke.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

it sucks. You have to cheer for your team to not get close to sacking the quarterback. When I'm watching my packers on defense I have to hope we don't get pressure on the qb or else it's 15 yard penalty.I have to root for the other teams offensive line.to.hold so we packers.don't accidentally sac th quarterback.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

3rd roughing the passer call this year.

Reason being putting his body weight on the QB as they go to the ground
    exactly right, Stealthy...hell, I'm 47 and that is football 101...that is how they have always teached us to tackle!..wrap up and take the player down to the ground!...text book perfect!...but as other posters have eluded too, and I made mention of this in my picks thread, this game has become unwatchable...not only that, but it makes handicapping almost impossible...if I had money on Green Bay, I'd probably be in jail right now for attempted murder on that fukkin' incompetent ref...whatever happen to common sense and discretion?...whatever happened to the original "spirit of the law"?...the NFL needs to seriously address this issue and correct the problem or they are going to lose a significant part of their fan base.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

We've seen this before .
    NFL eliminated the kick returner position , no need now with rule changes to eliminate contact on kickoffs.
    It seem a next is position up is the pass rusher position .
    If you can't hit'em , no weight during a tackle , no need to draft them highly and pay huge money when you can't get a return on it . Kick returners are gone for the most part .
    Congratulations to the NFL, eliminating positions one at a time .

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

meanwhile my bears are straight up manhandling quarterbacks

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

The NFL took the unusual step Sunday of expressing immediate support for a roughing the passer penalty against Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews, the latest in a series of controversial efforts to protect quarterbacks this season.
    Referee Craig Wrolstad penalized Matthews for landing on Washington Redskins quarterback Alex Smith late in the third quarter at FedEx Field. In a tweet sent shortly thereafter with video of the play, the NFL cited Rule 12, Section 2, Article 9(b) in justifying Wrolstad's decision.

Among other specifications, that rule prohibits players from falling with all or most of their body weight on quarterbacks. The NFL made it a point of emphasis for this season, in part because Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone last season on a similar hit.
    There were an NFL-record 21 roughing-the-passer penalties through the first two weeks of the 2018 season.
    Matthews is the first NFL player since at least 2001 to be penalized three times for roughing the passer in the first three games of a season. He entered 2018 with a total of four roughing penalties in his 10-year career.
    A roughing penalty against Matthews in Week 2 wiped out a Packers interception that would have clinched a victory over the Minnesota Vikings. The game ended in a tie. Afterward, Matthews joined many other players in saying they do not know how to avoid landing on quarterbacks in some instances.
    "I know there's an emphasis on protecting quarterbacks," he said, "but it's gotten out of control. I don't know what else to do."
    The only reason I'm less than sympathetic to Matthews' predicament is because this rule was put in place to protect QBs like the one he plays with. In fact, it was put in place because of Rodgers' injury. Either you want your golden boy protected at all costs or you want to be able to go after the QB, can't have both.

Personally, I think they should make the rule simply above the knee and below the neck is fair game as long as he has the ball. If Rodgers' collarbone is so fragile it can't handle a hit to the torso, then that's their problem.

TheToffer
    TheToffer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6063

That was as close to "text-book" as you will see. Kids showed be showed that hit/tackle when being taught.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Absolute horseshit call. Guy lead with shoulder there’s nothing else he could have done.

Congrats NFL. Your product has officially become unwatchable
    Salud. I feel bad for Clay. I've been waiting for to be a play-maker. He made two great plays and gets penalized for both.

NFL is garbage now. I'll bet it, but lost interest as a spectator sport.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Cam Newton gets clobbered every time and they don't call anything.

Mrtop7
    Mrtop7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2178

getting old.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

NFL is a garbage Product

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

suspend for a month. make an example out of that 3 timing cracker

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

NFL has been unwatchable for a couple years now, yet somehow they continue to make it worse. I gotta admit, that's kinda impressive. I haven't watched a single down of the garbage this year, I just sit back and wait for people to bitch about flags, the catch rule, etc.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    How the fukk do you TACKLE anyone without putting weight on them? WTF?

Might as well give out penalties for foul language. too. What a fukkin joke.
    Common sense flew out the window this past off-season. When guys are moving that fast to make a play it's impossible to stop yourself from exerting your weight onto another.

Kinda funny hearing the announcers and analysts how they're sick of talking about this