robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1313

Serena Williams fined additional 17,000 for her idiotic, childish behavior

Remember when some idiots here tried to defend her and said the chair umpire would get disciplined? LOL nope.

The USTA has re-affirmed the decision from Ramos, he will not be disciplined in any way and Serena Williams has been fined an additional $17,000 for her idiotic behavior.

Furthermore, the backlash against Williams has been severe outside of the US with journalists putting her on blast and some even demanding that she apologize to the umpire:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/...09-p502q2.html

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis...a0ddd217c37816

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis...8f43f1d7d4c7d2

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...-us-open-final

And here's even Stephen A Smith himself(an incredibly liberal black man who is noisy) saying that Serena was completely wrong:
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24634819

Looks like Serena's bogus sexist crap has turned even more people against her.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Anybody who defends Serena here needs their brain checked.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Ramos probably a Russian Spy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well it turned out Serena made a fool of herself

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

What is the 'coaching'? I don't get it? "Thumbs up" "coaching"...I'm lost. Can someone clarify?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    What is the 'coaching'? I don't get it? "Thumbs up" "coaching"...I'm lost. Can someone clarify?
    A coach isn't supposed to make any gestures at all that may be seen by his/her player but it's very open to interpretation. I remember someone saying once that technically even if they clap the player could be penalised but that doesn't really get enforced. It's all a bit ridiculous really and totally dependent on the chair umpire to decide what they deem to be coaching.

robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1313

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Her coached motioned for her to go to the net. After he did that, Serena completely changed her game plan and tried to volley. The coach admitted afterward that he did coach her.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

It’s a stupid rule. A coach should be allowed to coach.

Why is the chair umpire looking into the into the stands at the coaches anyways?

tennis is ridiculous and Serena is a little biatch!

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

She's a mom. Leave her alone....

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

There is no crying in Tennis.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

She's a woman. Leave her alone...

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Well it turned out Serena made a fool of herself
    Exactly.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    Her coached motioned for her to go to the net. After he did that, Serena completely changed her game plan and tried to volley. The coach admitted afterward that he did coach her.
    Park - that's a bullshit rule that is rarely called, especially in a finals match. Ramos should have just let the match play on. Osaka didn't need his help. I thought him and Serena took away from what should have been Osaka's day. He especially should have shut the fukk up and let her lose without taking away points for stupid shit. I'm sick and tired of refs/umps seeking their 15 minutes of fame. No one came there to see that fukker. I damn sure don't want to watch another match that he umps. Fukk him.

That said, I agree that Serena lost her fukking mind. She acted like a whiny bitch, when she should have just played on. I think she knew she couldn't beat Osaka and used this as an excuse or hopefully, fuel a comeback. She was grandstanding which a lot of tennis players do, to get in your head. What pissed me off later (I didn't get to respond to the original post) was for her to turn it into a women's rights issue. WTF? Blame the ref for being overzealous but don't make it something that it wasn't. I don't think Ramos ever thought to penalize her because she was a woman. That was just a lame ass excuse by Serena. Then to say that she has a daughter, so she wouldn't never cheat or lie. WTH? We all have daughters. What makes hers so damn special? Athletes are very pampered and have huge egos and Serena lost her senses here. Her and the ump screwed up that match, which is a shame. I agree that she was a childish, whiny bitch.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    Remember when some idiots here tried to defend her and said the chair umpire would get disciplined? LOL nope.
    No one tried to defend Williams. Many of us said that Ramos should have shut the hell up and never call the stupid shit he called in the first place. He has a history of inserting himself in matches. Do your job and stop trying to do anymore. Your job is not to have one of the players pissed off because you have a quick trigger. An umpire is doing his job when we don't know he's there. Talk about a huge fail on his part.

You may think he won't get disciplined but you damn sure won't see him reffing another Williams match. I bet that shit won't happen again. Hell, he probably won't be reffing any top match again. Have you seen his history? It is fukked up. He did the same thing to her sister Venus in 2016. He tried to say she was cheating and getting coaching when she wasn't even looking at her box JUST like Serena wasn't looking at her box. Now, I know you're going to say it doesn't matter if she was looking at the box but gtfoh. These elite players don't need a coach to tell them to come to the net. EVERYONE knows Osaka doesn't like to come to the net but Serena couldn't take advantage of it anyway.

Ramos has tried to fuk Nadal on several occasions. Nadal has even said that he purposely picks on him. Andy Murray said that he grand stands. And he penalized Joker once for throwing his racket when his opponent did it 2 times and he did nothing. His inconsistent umpiring is a huge problem. He just fukked up his future chances IMO.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    No one tried to defend Williams. Many of us said that Ramos should have shut the hell up and never call the stupid shit he called in the first place. He has a history of inserting himself in matches. Do your job and stop trying to do anymore. Your job is not to have one of the players pissed off because you have a quick trigger. An umpire is doing his job when we don't know he's there. Talk about a huge fail on his part.

You may think he won't get disciplined but you damn sure won't see him reffing another Williams match. I bet that shit won't happen again. Hell, he probably won't be reffing any top match again. Have you seen his history? It is fukked up. He did the same thing to her sister Venus in 2016. He tried to say she was cheating and getting coaching when she wasn't even looking at her box JUST like Serena wasn't looking at her box. Now, I know you're going to say it doesn't matter if she was looking at the box but gtfoh. These elite players don't need a coach to tell them to come to the net. EVERYONE knows Osaka doesn't like to come to the net but Serena couldn't take advantage of it anyway.

Ramos has tried to fuk Nadal on several occasions. Nadal has even said that he purposely picks on him. Andy Murray said that he grand stands. And he penalized Joker once for throwing his racket when his opponent did it 2 times and he did nothing. His inconsistent umpiring is a huge problem. He just fukked up his future chances IMO.
    So obviously you agree that Serena's claim of sexism is horseshit

What is worse??
    Getting too involved in a match as an umpire or claiming sexism where there is none to take the focus off the fact you got your ass handed to you on the court by a better player???

bonz
    bonz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Serena gonna be one hot piece of ass in 10 years. Smokin'!

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    What is worse??
    Getting too involved in a match as an umpire or claiming sexism where there is none to take the focus off the fact you got your ass handed to you on the court by a better player???
    Yes, her sexist claim was bullshit. I was shocked to see her go there. She already showed her ass but now to come up with a lame ass excuse. Very disappointing to see her go there. I'm not sure what is worse. I think both were bullshit and should have never happened. The ump fukked up and Serena fukked up. I think both are misguided. The ump thinks he's more important than he really should be and Serena thinks she's some social hero for women's rights. I don't give a damn. I only wanted to watch a tennis final but they both made it about themselves and overshadowed Osaka that was playing lights out all week. Her game was incredible. She was hitting the hell out of the ball and making outstanding plays on the court. It really was a joy to watch until the shit show. Serena's ego couldn't let her lose with dignity. She had to make it about herself. Very selfish of her.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

She's a punk for screaming "you'll never ump my matches again". The WTA should send a message and have him ump her next match at a major.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

She's a piece of crap

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post

What is worse??
    remember Agassi acting a fool. Never happened to him. Remember McEnroe acting worse. What kills me on this site is some will try to get over on a book and then or than cry like a bitch when caught. Or will try to cheat or stiff fellow posters. No the umpire said she used a coach. So he accused her of cheating. Not sure about any of you guys but someone calls me a cheater when I was younger they were getting a pop to the noggin. Not a serena fan. Met mary pierce, capriatti sp and few others in tent at western southern tourney at kings island ohio. They were more my speed. My favorite was sabatini but she never played in cincy

jjgold

The world glad she lost

She is very very quiet now

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    remember Agassi acting a fool. Never happened to him. Remember McEnroe acting worse.
    Both Agassi and McEnroe were defaulted out of matches, ie a more serious penalty.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26307

I am guessing 17K is not that much to Serena. So it is not a severe punishment.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Just get rid of the 'no coaching' rule. Who cares. Is there any other sport where no "coaching" is allowed?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

the selfish bitch took some of the shine and joy away from Osaka's first major title win.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Can't wait till she retires. Disgrace to the word women

jjgold

She was gaining popularity but this killed it

She’s always been a sore loser and actually gonna go down as the greatest choker in big match history

No great player has lost so many times to huge underdogs in big moments

She always loses to journeyman type players

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

She was gaining popularity but this killed it

She’s always been a sore loser
    and actually gonna go down as the greatest choker in big match history

No great player has lost so many times to huge underdogs in big moments

She always loses to journeyman type players
    I thought age and motherhood mellowed her and I was actually starting to like her

as you said, she killed all of that

jjgold

She was on the verge of becoming a major major spokeswoman for woman and blow it all

I have always said blacks as a whole have a massive anger issue and it’s genetically inherited

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Massive PR campaign coming up and blaming Australia with a race card or refs with a sexism card isn't going to fly.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Both Agassi and McEnroe were defaulted out of matches, ie a more serious penalty.
    McEnroe just said sexist. Not the matches I watched. One of his meltdowns in us open was epic

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

She was on the verge of becoming a major major spokeswoman for woman and blow it all

I have always said blacks as a whole have a massive anger issue and it’s genetically inherited
    It never seemed to hurt John McEnroe.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    It never seemed to hurt John McEnroe.
    Unfair comparison. McEnroe was playing a role when losing his cool, Williams fukked up and lost her cool.

One was known for it over many years, the other will now be known for one instance.

Big difference for the game and sport.

jjgold

She was mad because she could not beat this lady

12 Last