ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Opinions and thoughts on rule

https://www2.mgmresorts.com/playmgm/files/House-Rules.pdf

These are online rules for mgm
    Sports betting. Page 10 is only thing I can find that would apply to tennis. Since they have no specific rule listed it would fall under other sports. Does anyone see anything they can interpret differently had a match wouldn’t have to come to full length in tennis to be graded?

They graded Nadal retire as a loss driving to mgm since nobody will answer questions on the phone. Nadal had more money on him so I’m thinking they’re going to pull the “it needed 2 sets to become final” although not posted anywhere.

Does anyone read anything different?

ans61201

If they say they have a 2 set non posted rule going to be so pissed for Nadal playing out a set that he didn’t even try for after admitting he was going to retire

ans61201

Found another line that said refer to printed out media for specific rules. Sounds like a pick and choose scenario. Yikes

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

I'm not the best person to answer because I don't wager on Tennis.

But from a book I routinely use, here is directly copied from their tennis rules (which I believe are the same as the Mirage in LV if remember correctly):

"In case of player retirement or disqualification before the completion of the match, all set wagers will be canceled."

"In case of player retirement or disqualification before the completion of the match, all handicap and total games wagers will be canceled."

ans61201

Yeah dude was a complete douche and told me all tennis is live (only major book in town-rule definitely
    Doesn’t read it that way) something tells me if this was reversed they’d use their grey area to have no action

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

stations rules/FAQ vague, cant even copy/paste it off the app

have delpo on parlay and didnt use app so cant tell, emailed but doubt ill hear back

fact that you cant even get answer by phone pretty shabby

ans61201

Yeah manager said “conclusion” of match happened when he retired. I said well you should change your rule to say tennis (all bets are action) would clear up any confusion, unless of course you want the option as a book to play it both ways

CWD
    Update your status

Notice they all have rules on app but also disclaimer that says rule sheet at book is final word

Not saying they will go both ways but they could state things clearly for tennis

CWD
    Update your status

CWD
    Update your status

Stations no refund delpo winner there

ans61201

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    Stations no refund delpo winner there
    Crazy how grey the rule is written. They literally do this so they can pick a side. If they didn't, they would simply put "all tennis Moneylines are action"

I think all books should be if one set is complete, it is action if the person retiring is behind in the score.

pazim
    Update your status
    pazim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 443

All the books void totals, spread and sets wager in case of retirement. Most of them consider retired player to be loser, doesn't matter if that player is ahead or not.

ans61201

Quote Originally Posted by pazim View Post
    All the books void totals, spread and sets wager in case of retirement. Most of them consider retired player to be loser, doesn't matter if that player is ahead or not.
    I said what I think would be a reasonable rule. I wouldn’t guess it’s most anymore either, I’d say it’s pretty split. However most books that do say retirement is action have much more clearly written rules on the situation