DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Lebron mural in L.A. gets defaced for cash reward

A LeBron James mural in Los Angeles was defaced after Twitter user offers reward for vandalism

A Lakers fan offered a cash reward for the defacement of a LeBron mural in L.A., and it didn't take long for someone to follow through

You'd think that landing one of the best players in the history of basketball would be cause for celebration for all Lakers fans, but LeBron James' arrival to Los Angeles this summer hasn't been all rainbows and butterflies.

A mural showing LeBron in a Lakers uniform and calling him the "King of LA" was quick to go up outside of a BBQ joint in Venice, and it's also been quickly vandalized.

One Lakers fan on Twitter -- @BenOsaze, who calls himself "Unofficial Spokesperson for the Los Angeles Lakers Fanbase" --offered an irresistible $300 cash reward for the vandalization of the mural on Friday. When someone questioned why the self-proclaimed spokesperson would offer up a reward for a hit against a star player on his own team, the guy responded "no murals until he wins a title."

And apparently that offer was too enticing to pass up, as the mural was defaced by Sunday. Whoever followed through on the hit spray painted several insults on the mural, including "we don't want you," "LEFRAUD" and "3-6" (a reference to LeBron's career NBA Finals record).

View image on Twitter
    LWOS LA Lakers@LWOSLALakers

Well that didn't last long smh

A user on Twitter took credit for the vandalism, posted video of the proof, and asked for the $300 reward before deleting their account. @BenOsaze also locked his account once news of the defacement went public on Sunday.

Maybe the reward was paid out, maybe it wasn't. But the vandalism was short-lived, as it appears the mural was fixed by Sunday night -- though with a slight alteration. The "of" was removed from "The King of LA," which might help appease some Lakers supporters who are loyal to stars of the franchise's past.

It'll be interesting to see if any consequences come about for the person who messed with the mural, or for the cowardly troll who requested its defacement. Either way, Lavar Ball should probably have his alibi at the ready.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Love it 😊

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14356

Awesome

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Sharp fan ? He knows it’s going be a disaster

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Oh but Cleveland has shitty fans because the media had to coerce one fan to burn his jersey when he left 8 years ago after his hour long variety show where he shitted on the entire city. He hasn't even played a game in LA and fans are calling to deface his mural.

But Cleveland...

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Bron came into the league same year with melo/wade/bosh ? Yet he’s playing better then ever? While those guys are done - hmmmmm WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

what an idiot. I hope he faces charges after this

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

So people instantly got pics of this, but not a single motherfukker got a pic of a giant N-word painted in black across Lebron’s white gated entry to his California home.

Lol. Yeah, that really happened.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot, and El Nino

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

I agree no murals til he wins a title.. No need to prop him up with Murals just yet..

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    So people instantly got pics of this, but not a single motherfukker got a pic of a giant N-word painted in black across Lebron’s white gated entry to his California home.

My first thought after reading this thread was at least this time the vandalism was real.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

guy hated

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

We both said at the time the gate story was a total crock of shit,none of it added up.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Years ago I hit the game winner in a YMCA game where I was the only white guy in the whole league. Needless to say I had to spend at least 5 hours sweeping up all the saltines in my driveway.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

weird story

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

If you come to LA do not eat bbq there it's terrible

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Maybe it was the same guy that did this.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

300 bucks

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Would love it if someone brought this up in his next interview. Unfortunately the media is on a 24/7 lovefest with this guy.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Morons

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    300 bucks

I wonder if he paid up the $300 to the JOE that did it and if the police tracked the tweets and arrested the dude that actually defaced the Lebron mural?

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

LaVar did it.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Opie you been missed pal but glad to see you finished up your debt to society and have returned to grace us with your sharp witted racist humor once again...

Some of your forum brethren made some bets on if you got your latest public intox in Colorado Springs (-200) or after the return flight landed (+180) or none the above (field -2000) and have been patiently waiting for you to spill the beans so we can get the props properly graded and settled up.

wikkidinsane

Im pretty sure its essier to get access to this mural than lebrons actual home

wikkidinsane

So Opie are you saying that the LAPD in collusion with Lebron James made up the vandalism story?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Im pretty sure its essier to get access to this mural than lebrons actual home
    I live near Lebrons home and it's pretty easy access.. Nice hood.. Right up the road from me..

I'm sure I'll see Lebron hanging around the town soon.. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/08/phot...s-angeles.html

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I live near Lebrons home and it's pretty easy access.. Nice hood.. Right up the road from me..

I'm sure I'll see Lebron hanging around the town soon.. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/08/phot...s-angeles.html
    lol. LAPD wouldnt waste time to fabricate the story.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

what an idiot. I hope he faces charges after this
    Why? He should be named king of la!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Who cares

unde0087
    Did we win?

lol. LAPD wouldnt waste time to fabricate the story.
    What story did they make up? From what I read they don't really have any evidence this occurred in the first place.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    LaVar did it.
    His boys did it

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

None of it added up mate,surely this guy would have had cameras around his mansion for one thing,and then the bullshit about his mates wiping down the graffiti before the cops arrived.Lebron dropped the story after a week,never heard it mentioned again.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    None of it added up mate,surely this guy would have had cameras around his mansion for one thing,and then the bullshit about his mates wiping down the graffiti before the cops arrived.Lebron dropped the story after a week,never heard it mentioned again.
    Ya, I have a hard time believing the events as well. For one thing, the cops weren't called until quite awhile after sunrise. You are telling me for hours no one driving by or jogging by noticed it and took one picture or posted something about it? You have to believe everyone around there knows who owns the house. In this day and age that would have been all over social media ten minutes later. Then it is repainted before cops even respond? What did the neighbor just happen to have a can of black paint just laying around in his garage and decide to just get rid of the evidence? And who erases evidence of a crime after you call police? What would the point of that be? Obviously, they weren't worried about finding out who did it by these actions. So after all of this, we have an alleged photo taken by a single neighbor before the gate is repainted, which no one has seen to this day. No one else saw anything and no surveillance video caught anyone doing anything. Story blows up, LeBron gets his big moment right before the finals start, then as fast as the fence was repainted the story is shut down. Mighty interesting events. Seems like a story put together by bigbusiness.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10289

My My My
    Who really cares...Billboards, schmillboards...

Our great country and especially L.A. certainly can't get much lower in
    celebrity worship.
    Kardashians, Labrona, American Idol and on and on.
    It truly makes me sad.
    At times Americans have such empty aspirations.
    Let's look higher America.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Ya, I have a hard time believing the events as well. For one thing, the cops weren't called until quite awhile after sunrise. You are telling me for hours no one driving by or jogging by noticed it and took one picture or posted something about it? You have to believe everyone around there knows who owns the house. In this day and age that would have been all over social media ten minutes later. Then it is repainted before cops even respond? What did the neighbor just happen to have a can of black paint just laying around in his garage and decide to just get rid of the evidence? And who erases evidence of a crime after you call police? What would the point of that be? Obviously, they weren't worried about finding out who did it by these actions. So after all of this, we have an alleged photo taken by a single neighbor before the gate is repainted, which no one has seen to this day. No one else saw anything and no surveillance video caught anyone doing anything. Story blows up, LeBron gets his big moment right before the finals start, then as fast as the fence was repainted the story is shut down. Mighty interesting events. Seems like a story put together by bigbusiness.
    Well yeah excatly people are always using their phones to take videos,and not one person came forward with any proof of the graffiti or posted it on Social Media.

I guess like with Big Business,you can't let truth get in the way of a good story.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 07-10-18 at 01:50 AM.

12 Last